"Hold onto me, 'cuz I'm a little unsteady."
options

Post by Desirae Maribel Krum on Jan 31, 2019 23:59:08 GMT -5

[nospaces]

[attr="class","cbg"]
[attr="class","cbgtop"]
[attr="class","cimg"]
[attr="class","clbox"]
[attr="class","ctopline"]Can you be my nightingale?
[attr="class","cscriptshop"]sing to me
[attr="class","cline"]
[attr="class","clyrics"]I know you're there[break]
You could be my sanity

[break][break]
[attr="class","cbody"]It was hard to believe that the near year was already upon them and, not only that, but they were well on their way to spring. Before too long, it would be Jack’s birthday. That too was just something that was nearly unfathomable to her. In some ways, she couldn’t believe that she had only known him for eight months, and in other ways, she couldn’t believe that he was already eight months old. She couldn’t even believe that they would be planning a first birthday for him soon.
[break][break]
But there was still time to think about that. Merlin was there still time to think about that. On her mind was a much more pressing concern than her eight-month old’s first birthday party, and that was the fact that Narcissa was gone.
[break][break]
Not gone, gone. She hadn’t quit or anything like that, but her suite was pretty much empty. She had moved back home. Working and going home like… well, like a normal manager would, but Desirae had gotten used to her not being a normal manager. She was always around. Desirae could not for the life of her remember the last time that she had needed Narcissa and couldn’t find her. With her being so close by, she saw her more than she did her mother and as such, Jack absolutely adored her. And there were certain times when he cried when he would honestly not stop until Narcissa was holding him. Which, of course, made her feel great about her parenting skills.
[break][break]
Those cries didn’t happen all of the time or anything like that. Most of the time when he cried, she knew what to do to make him stop. Viktor was very good at getting him to go to sleep, so they were fine, obviously. But there just happened to be an occasional time when he just wanted his godmother, and nobody else would do, and now she was just… gone.
[break][break]
Instead, what had she done? She had gotten her a house-elf. Desirae had never, once in her life, thought that she would have a house-elf. She wasn’t even sure that she needed one. Okay, so yes, the tower was definitely too big to clean on her own, especially without magic, but some dust wasn’t going to kill them.
[break][break]
Still, even if maybe she could admit that there was a lot of house to clean, she couldn’t imagine needing a house-elf. She had… well, strangely enough, she had gotten more surprising gifts in her life. There was very little that could top the fact that Viktor had bought her an island. Even a house-elf couldn’t quite top that, but it was definitely a close second.
[break][break]
A house-elf. She didn’t know how to have a house-elf. That sounded silly, she knew that, but she really didn’t. It had been strange to get used to, and she hadn’t been around all that long.
[break][break]
She had decided to hide from the house-elf in the living room, with a book and a mug of tea. Jack was down for his nap, but she knew that she’d have to wake him up soon or he wouldn’t get any sleep tonight. For now, she had a little bit of time to read before she started to focus on dinner.
[break][break]
[attr="class","cnotes"]546 ● @krum ● outfit
[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.cbg]width:400px;background:#262626;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cbgtop]width:400px;height:120px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cimg]float:left;width:100px;height:100px;padding:10px;border:1px #aaa solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clbox]float:right;height:100px;margin:15px 5px auto auto;text-align:justify;width:257px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ctopline]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cscriptshop]font-size:23px;margin-top:-3px;font-family:Dancing Script;color:#0e9880;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cscriptshop span]color:#ccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cline]height:1px;background-color:#888;margin:3px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clyrics]font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cbody]font-family:verdana;color:#999;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cnotes]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 11, 2019 19:27:49 GMT -5

I'm overwhelmed
I need a voice to echo
I need a light to take me home

When he had read the announcement in the paper, he hadn’t really known what he had expected. Getting letters wasn’t really a part of it. He hadn’t thought that they were going to decide that they wanted him to come and play. He hadn’t thought that they were going to send owls asking him to come back. He knew that he had his magic, and that there were plenty of others that didn’t, but honestly Viktor wasn’t sure that he was still in good enough shape to play. He hadn’t played in years. He had been a coach, but actually going back out during a game? He didn’t know if he was up for that.

Of course, he had to talk to his wife before he even started to reply to all of them. He was surprised that they had started coming as fast as they had, and he wouldn’t be surprised if there weren’t still more to come. But he had gotten one first, and it was from a man that he had already met. It was from someone that he respected, and that was a good enough start for him to look there first. Though he didn’t think that he’d be surprised if Titania just showed up and knocked on the front door here eventually.

She knew that he still had his magic, and they had just seen each other. There was no doubt that it hadn’t crossed her mind. If she could still play, after five kids, wby couldn’t he play? He hadn’t had kids. Well, he had, but he wasn’t the one that had physically had to put in the effort. That had been Dana, and then it had been Rae this last time. And it would be Rae again if they decided to have another one. He didn’t know if that was a possibility or not, but he knew that they were going to have that option. And him going back to playing…

Well it wasn’t going to change everything but it had the potential to change a lot. And he didn’t know how she was going to feel about that. He didn’t know how she was even going to take the news that quidditch was back on. Because he didn’t think that she had seen the paper this morning, and without Narcissa around to tell her that quidditch was back up and running, he didn’t think that she would have found out yet. Part of him was half tempted to go to the hotel first and ask the blonde witch for advice. But he didn’t.

He had been at the museum more often than not lately when he was working. And today there had been an influx of people, the announcement had sparked something. They had been busy, and he had ended up staying longer than he had meant to. It was mid afternoon by the time that he had gotten away, and he had just headed back to the Tower instead of going to Glasgow.

A little pop accompanied his entrance into the front hall and Viktor headed through the house towards the living room. His wife was around somewhere, and he had a feeling it would be in whatever room her new gift was not cleaning. They had had house elves growing up, he was used to them, and honestly, he should have gotten one when he had moved in here, but it had always just been something that he had put off. Now they had one, and he wouldn’t have been surprised to find that his wife was hiding from her.

“Hey.” He smiled and kissed the top of her head as he came up behind her. “Kids?” He hadn’t seen or heard either one of them on the way in, and he assumed that meant they were both upstairs. Which was good, the last thing that they needed was Vzá hearing this before they reached a decision.

@ wife • 657 • viktor's outfit

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0
Desirae Maribel Krum
Desirae Maribel Krum Avatar
Hufflepuff
346 posts
34 years old
Co-Owner of the Bent Elbow
Co-Owner of the Museum of Quidditch
Lufkin University Alum
Shop Worker
played by Morgan
options

Post by Desirae Maribel Krum on Feb 25, 2019 22:03:20 GMT -5

[nospaces]

[attr="class","cbg"]
[attr="class","cbgtop"]
[attr="class","cimg"]
[attr="class","clbox"]
[attr="class","ctopline"]CAN YOU BE MY NIGHTINGALE?
[attr="class","cline"]
[attr="class","clyrics"]I KNOW YOU'RE THERE[break]
YOU COULD BE MY SANITY

[break][break]
[attr="class","cbody"]Having Narcissa around was just something that she had gotten used to. Desirae wasn’t sure that she could even pinpoint the moment where the woman had become so important to her. Just over time, she had been. She saw her more than she saw her own mum. She had been there when Jack was born, had helped her through her panic when Andromeda’s words had been less than comforting. She was just always around, and that was something that she’d just come to like. She was so close to being like a mother to her that Draco jokingly being called her brother had happened on more than one occasion.
[break][break]
She didn’t actually have that kind of relationship with Narcissa’s son. Usually when he came around, it was to check on his mother, but they were still on good terms. She just honestly hadn’t had a reason to be around him all that much. And they didn’t have much in common at all apart from Narcissa. She supposed that could also spring from her not being the best conversationalist in the world. Not with people that she didn’t know all that well, anyway. After all, Draco was, when it came down to it, a strange man. Not strange as in odd in any way, but he was a stranger to her, and he was also a man. She generally was just not all that comfortable around men that she didn’t know.
[break][break]
Still, not having Narcissa close at hand had been hard to get used to. It made her wary. She didn’t know why, if she was being perfectly honest. Everything about it just put her on edge, and more than anything, she just wanted Narcissa back in her suite at The Bent Elbow and not so far away.
[break][break]
What she had left in her stead had been Elsie. All of a sudden, she was the owner of a house-elf. Was owner even the right word? It didn’t feel like it was, but whatever the word, she was here none the less. Desirae had no idea how to have a house-elf around. If anything, she was just a reminder of the fact that Narcissa had left, which wasn’t exactly a happy thought. But she knew that Narcissa had gotten her a house-elf to help, so she was trying to get used to it. Sort of trying, anyway. Right now, she was currently just trying to hide from her.
[break][break]
There was nothing really for her to, since Jack was down for his nap, and Vzá was off playing with Damsel upstairs. They had finished their lessons for the day, so she knew that her stepdaughter was now going to make the most of her time to play with her puppy—which was good, honestly. The crup had a lot of energy, that was something that they had learned quickly after getting him.
[break][break]
Even though her mind was focused on the book, she was still aware of Viktor’s footsteps as he came into the room. There was a time when him coming up behind her would be enough to have her jumping out of her skin but she had gotten good at hearing him coming even if she didn’t see him, thankfully. “Jack’s napping, Vzá is playing upstairs.” The fact that they couldn’t hear that commotion was just a testament to the size of the house, honestly, because she was sure they were being none too quiet. “How’s the museum?” She asked, closing the book on her lap. It had been a little while since she had been there last—she did like to avoid London when at all possible..
[break][break]
[attr="class","cnotes"]606 ● @ husband ● outfit

[newclass=.cimg]float:left;width:100px;height:100px;padding:10px;border:1px #aaa solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clbox]float:right;height:100px;margin:15px 5px auto auto;text-align:justify;width:257px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ctopline]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cscriptshop]font-size:23px;margin-top:-3px;font-family:Dancing Script;color:#0e9880;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clyrics]font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cbody]font-family:verdana;color:#999;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cnotes]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 25, 2019 13:14:29 GMT -5

I'M OVERWHELMED
I NEED A VOICE TO ECHO
I NEED A LIGHT TO TAKE ME HOME

The letters had started coming in, and Viktor hadn’t known what to think at first. He hadn’t thought about going back, not seriously, in a long time. But he did know that he had magic where a lot of others didn’t. And he knew that he was a face, and a name, that people knew. If Viktor Krum was going back to quidditch, that was a good thing. Right? Honestly, he didn’t know. He hadn’t quite figured out what was best for him, and for their family. Because there was the whole family to think about. They couldn’t just go back. He couldn’t just go back.

Vzá had been too little to really remember him playing professionally when she had been a baby. But he had given that up to take care of her when Dana had died. And he knew that going back now, when Rae had the kids at home, was different. He wasn’t going to be trying to do it all on his own. But he also knew that it was going to be different. Playing again, instead of just coaching. It was going to take more of his time, but he was already working nearly full time in the museum. It would probably be shorter hours than that.

Quidditch was a full-time job, and practices would be long, but he would still be home every night. And he knew that there were some social obligations that came with being a professional quidditch player, but they were never contractual. And coming out of retirement to play for this special season, he thought that people would understand if he prioritized his family over the social obligations in the down time. He still would make time for his kids, and for his wife. They were always going to be the most important people to him. He would never jeopardize that.

And so, he thought that talking this over with her was important. If she truly didn’t want him to do it, he wouldn’t. He would decline Beckett Graves’ offer of a lunch, and he would send a refusal back to every other team that had contacted him. Titania would understand, he was sure. Even if he thought that she was already going to have a beef with him for replying to Graves first anyhow. But the Tornados and the Falcons both had reputations that he couldn’t ignore. He would have been happy to play for either of them.

It just so happened that Graves had asked first. And Viktor had always been that kind of person when it came to career. He would make his judgements based on a lot of things, and while friendships and loyalties were important, he didn’t think that there was anything that was going to specifically make him choose one or the other when it came down to it. He would be as fair as he possibly could in his assessment. And that meant that since Graves’s letter came first, he got the first shot.

When she answered him about the kids he nodded and settled on the end of the couch where her feet were. Pulling them into his lap he watched her for a second before he decided what he wanted to say. This was not something that he thought that she was going to like all that much. Narcissa had just moved home, and now he was going to bring up another big change in their lives… It was all happening at once, and he knew his wife well enough to know that it was going to bother her. “I want to talk to you about something…” After a second, he added, “Nothing bad. Just something that’s come up.” The last thing that he wanted was her thinking that something terrible had happened.

@ wife • 632 • viktor's outfit

Desirae Maribel Krum
Hufflepuff
346 posts
34 years old
Lufkin University Alum
Shop Worker
played by Morgan
options

Post by Desirae Maribel Krum on Apr 19, 2019 14:08:50 GMT -5

[nospaces]

[attr="class","cbg"]
[attr="class","cbgtop"]
[attr="class","cimg"]
[attr="class","clbox"]
[attr="class","cline"]
YOU COULD BE MY SANITY

[break][break]
[attr="class","cbody"]Everything had been different since Narcissa had moved back home. She had assured her that it didn’t change anything, but Desirae knew better than that. It was going to change plenty. It had changed plenty. Desirae had been used to her being only a quick Floo away. She was the person that Desirae had always contacted first when she needed help. Before her mum, before her sister, before anyone, and Narcissa always knew what to do in light of any parenting or household emergency. She was always there when she needed her and that wasn’t going to be the case anymore.
[break][break]
Instead, she had gotten her a house-elf. Desirae had never thought that she’d be the type of person that had a house-elf so obviously, she had no idea how to have one. It was strange. It was not something that she was used to in the slightest, and she didn’t know if she was ever going to be able to get used to it. But she knew that she was going to have to try. It wasn’t the elf’s fault that she didn’t know what she was doing. She was just much better at avoiding the creature than she was actually telling her what she wanted her to do. It seemed liked she just knew that anyway. She didn’t need directives or anything like that, which was… good, she supposed.
[break][break]
But that also left her with far too much free time since Elsie had done all of the things that she normally did in a day. It had left her with very little to do but hide in the living room and read. She had spent about as much time reading as she had thinking about everything that had happened recently. More specifically, to think about Narcissa and the fact that she was gone. She had left her. Desirae knew that it was about way more than her, that it was silly to think more into it than there was, but it was hard not to. She had gotten so used to her being here, and now she wasn’t. It had been a hard adjustment, even if she tried to convince herself not to take it personally.
[break][break]
There had already been so much going on in her mind anyhow. Life without magic was something that had been hard on all of them, she knew that. It was something that over half of the population could relate to, but that didn’t make it any easier. It felt like a part of her was missing and that wasn’t something that she had been able to just get over. She knew that she wasn’t as impacted as some, but it had still been difficult. It was just as hard not to worry about the bigger picture—with the borders closed, they were stuck here, and she worried what that would mean if things got worse. If the Ministry couldn’t run properly, if they fell into anarchy. Those were all possibilities, weren’t they? She didn’t think that Andromeda was going to let that happen, but she knew that it had to be hard to keep the Ministry running with so many people without magic.
[break][break]
She was worried about her too. Although she was closer to Narcissa than Andromeda, the latter had still been the Black sister that had saved her life and had saved Jack’s too. She didn’t want anything bad to happen to her if things got worse politically. There was just so much that could go wrong, it was hard not to worry about it.
[break][break]
But she knew that she had to try to stop thinking about problems that couldn’t be solved or worry about things that hadn’t and might not ever happen. It wasn’t going to do her any good. Instead, she focused on Viktor as he sat down and pulled her feet onto her lip. “Oh.” Even though he said it was nothing bad, it was hard for her mind to not immediately go to the worst possible things that could have happened. Or maybe something that he didn’t consider bad, but she would. That was pretty likely too, since she didn’t necessarily have a high tolerance for… a lot of things, honestly. “Okay. What is it?” She played with the bookmark peeking out of the top of the book as she spoke, eyes flitting from the tome on her lap back and then back over to Viktor.
[break][break]
[attr="class","cnotes"]739 ● @ husband ● outfit

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 30, 2019 20:47:09 GMT -5

I'M OVERWHELMED
I NEED A VOICE TO ECHO

Going back to quidditch wasn’t something that Viktor thought that he would be doing as a player. Not now, not ever, really. He had thought that he was too old for that. He had thought that he had thought that he was going to coach for the rest of his time in the sport, and that would be that. But it seemed like life had quite the different plan. Now that they were facing this epidemic, there was really no telling what any of them would or wouldn’t do, and he did love the sport. He did still fly every day.

It wasn’t the rigorous training that would go into actually joining a team, but if he went through with this, he was going to have to try and discern what it was that he wanted to do. He was going to have to figure out if this was worth it. If going back was the best move for their family. Because he had his family to think about, and he knew that. He wasn’t in this for only him anymore. And he hadn’t been for almost ten years now. They were going to have to talk about it.

If he was on his own, if it were just him and Vzá, he didn’t think that that was where he would be at all. He didn’t think that he would be in a position where he felt comfortable going back. But he wasn’t doing this alone. He had Desirae, and they were doing this together, and this was one more step forward that they were going to have to decide if they wanted to make together. Hopefully it wouldn’t be forever. One season, maybe. Or two. Depending on how long this whole thing lasted.

He knew that he wasn’t going to be at the top of his game. Not like he had been at seventeen when he was playing for Bulgaria. But then he had lost in ’04, and he didn’t know what to think about that. Ten years after he had caught the snitch and lost. He had lost all together. And Viktor knew that even getting that far was impressive. There was nothing shabby about how well they had done. But he was still worried. He was worried about all of it, and there would be no answers until he talked to his wife.

Something told him that she wasn’t going to like it. That this was not something that she had signed up for. Yes, he had always been a quidditch star. But there was a difference in being a retired quidditch star and going back to playing full time. There was something that she wasn’t going to be too keen on. He knew her well enough to know that. And he knew that it wasn’t fair. That he had kept his magic, that he had never gotten sick. And he wished that it had been that way for her. He wished that she wasn’t sick. But he didn’t think that he could help with that.

He could help by playing. Or at least that’s what the letters said. That they were going to restart the league, that they were going to bolster some normalcy, to put at least one thing back right in the world. And he didn’t think that there was anything wrong with that idea. He didn’t think that he was going to feel any worse actually out there playing, and giving people something to enjoy, than he felt still having his magic and doing nothing with it. But he knew that he couldn’t make a choice like that on his own.

Viktor waited for her to set what she was doing aside and focus on him so that he could talk to her. He wanted her to know that he was going to value whatever it was that she had to say. She got to have an opinion about this. They were a team, and he was going to treat her as an equal partner in this, just like everything else. “I’ve been getting letters. From the teams in the League. They want me to come back and play this season.” There had been more than one, he knew that there weren’t all of them, but it had been more than expected.

@ wife • 719 • viktor's outfit

Desirae Maribel Krum
Hufflepuff
346 posts
34 years old
Lufkin University Alum
Shop Worker
played by Morgan
options

Post by Desirae Maribel Krum on May 1, 2019 19:57:45 GMT -5

[nospaces]

[attr="class","cbg"]
[attr="class","cbgtop"]
[attr="class","cimg"]
[attr="class","clbox"]
[attr="class","cline"]
YOU COULD BE MY SANITY

[break][break]
[attr="class","cbody"]Desirae had thought they were finally starting to sort of get back to normal after the epidemic. As much as that was even possible with her still not having her magic back—as much as was possible when it didn’t seem like they were any closer to finding a cure today than they had months ago. But they had still been doing all right. Desirae had spent most of her time worrying about Narcissa and how much time she had spent locked up in her suite at the hotel, and she didn’t know what to do about that. She knew that the woman was not taking losing her magic very well at all, and she hadn’t known how to help with that. She hadn’t known what to do.
[break][break]
It was something that had happened to a lot of them. Nearly everybody, honestly. But it was still a different experience for each person. It was the same epidemic, the same set of symptoms that had all ended with the same result, but that didn’t change the fact that they all took this differently. Some people could move past it a little easier than others. Desirae very much doubted that it was an easy thing for anybody to deal with, but it was something that they were all having to come to terms with in their own way. For some people, that took longer than it did for others.
[break][break]
Desirae liked to think that she was doing okay with the change. There wasn’t anything that she necessarily used her magic for, apart for just everyday things. She didn’t need magic at the hotel or at the museum really, when she was there. Mostly, she used it to help with her cleaning at home, because this house was way too massive to clean entirely by hand. If she didn’t use magic, she was sure there would be dust bunnies formed in some of the rooms that they didn’t use all that often. It had definitely helped.
[break][break]
But cleaning by hand was something that she had gotten good at in the past. She didn’t know if Viktor worried about that. If he worried about her having to resort to the type of things that might remind her of her relationship with Vince. She hoped he didn’t think that. When she cleaned the house, when she did the laundry, she really didn’t mind. Somebody needed to do it and he was busier than she was. It wasn’t something that she did because she thought that she had to. She did it because she wanted to, even if it was definitely harder to do without magic. And it definitely wasn’t perfect. The tower was far from perfect. There were some rooms that hadn’t seen a duster in weeks, but she knew that she’d get around to those rooms eventually. It was just hardly at the top of her priority list.
[break][break]
Now that she had Elsie, she was sure there wouldn’t be a dust bunny in sight. Desirae wasn’t really sure how she felt about that. Getting used to having a house-elf around was something that was definitely going to take time and, for now, meant that she spent a lot of time hiding from her. She just didn’t know why Narcissa thought that she could leave, and she could leave a house-elf behind as if that made it okay. She didn’t need a house-elf’s help. She needed her. She was more of a mother these days to her than her own mum was—and Merlin knew she was more of a mother to her than Viktor’s mum was.
[break][break]
Everything had been going back to normal, and now… nothing felt normal again. Something else she supposed she was just going to have to get used to. She would eventually. Narcissa had not been a part of her life for nearly thirty years. Surely, she could go back to her old life, and Desirae would be able to do the same. Probably, anyway.
[break][break]
Viktor coming into the room and saying that he needed to talk to her about something was definitely a red flag, no matter what he said about it not being anything bad. She didn’t know what could possibly be going on, couldn’t have made a guess even if she wanted to. But if she had tried to guess anything—honestly, anything at all, it would not have been the words that came from his lips. “I didn’t… know there was going to be a season,” she answered, slowly, her brows furrowing. Last she had heard, everything was still cancelled. She had not thought they would restart the league, and she certainly hadn’t even considered the possibility that Viktor would be joining right on up with them.
[break][break]
[attr="class","cnotes"]756 ● @ husband ● outfit

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 29, 2019 13:27:29 GMT -5

I'M OVERWHELMED
I NEED A VOICE TO ECHO

This wasn’t going to be a simple transition. Viktor knew that. He knew that he was going to have to prove that this was something that they could handle. But he thought that it was. He thought that they could do this. And he wasn’t naïve enough to believe that he was doing it on his own. He knew that it was the whole family. That this was something that they were going to have to do together. He had seen it in Bulgaria when he had been with Dana. He had seen how she had had to learn to balance with Vzá, and Vzá was older now. But he and Desirae had Jack.

It was going to be something that they were going to have to learn. But it was something that he wanted to try. And if it lasted one season, and magic came back, then he would be done. If it lasted one season, and they realized that they weren’t making it. Then he would give up quidditch. The family was always going to be so much more important to him. Their family. Her, and their kids. He had given up quidditch for family once before. When Dana had died, he had walked away to look after Vzá on his own. And he knew that he would do it again.

Going back, if he had to make that choice again, he would make it. Walking away from a sport that he loved, for his kids… He thought that was a choice that he would make in a heartbeat. But he wanted to talk about going back now. He wanted to at least discuss what that was going to mean. And he knew that she wasn’t going to like it. He knew that she didn’t like change, and this was a big change. One that was coming in the midst of so much else that was changing around them.

Their personal lives weren’t the only ones changing. And he knew that she was feeling that too. That they were caught in the middle of something that they didn’t really get to understand. A part of, but not really a part of, an entirely different world. It didn’t stop him worrying. But this was something else that they could focus on. This was a situation that was entirely about them, and their family, and what they were going to do. What they thought was best. If she truly told him not to play, he wouldn’t. If she looked him in the eyes and told him that she didn’t want him to do it, he wouldn’t.

There was nothing that he wouldn’t do for her. But he thought that it was at least worth trying. It was worth taking some meetings. It was worth reading some contracts. There was nothing wrong with entertaining the idea. And he liked the idea. Merlin, he liked the idea. Viktor had never really left quidditch. He coached the Scottish National Team. But coaching was never going to be the same as playing. And he had always been one of the greats. You didn’t make the National team at seventeen for no reason. You had to be one of the good ones.

He wanted to be one of the good ones in more than one way though. And if he thought that this was going to be something that she could never forgive him for… Viktor didn’t quite know what to do with that thought. He was still him. He was still Viktor Krum. And maybe she hadn’t seen that part of him. Maybe he didn’t act famous. But he had always liked the low profile. It didn’t change who he was though. It didn’t change what he was good at. And he was good at this. He could be good at this again.

“They only just announced it.” He held out the paper that the announcement had come in, the letters that he had gotten were upstairs on his desk. But he had brought the paper from the kitchen for this express purpose. The Graves and their Tornados. Titania and her Falcons. They were two of the best teams in the league. He knew that PU still had their seeker, and he didn’t know about the Kestrals. But those were the only four teams that he would have even considered playing for. He wasn’t going to go back for lower than Division A.

@ wife • 739 • viktor's outfit