Columnist for Which Broomstick?
Thief
Publication
played by Tyra
""
options

Post by Harvey Arington on Feb 20, 2019 15:17:45 GMT -5

@afro
  It had been clear to Harvey when he had picked up Silas out of his cot this morning that he his baby boy was in foul mood. His eyes were red and he was not smiling at all. The wizard considered himself lucky that his son had slept last night. Harvey had given him some muggle medicine he had been recommended by a pharmacist for his son’s teething. It had knocked Silas out but he had still woken up with bloodshot eyes. Harvey felt sorry for him but there was little he could do as his father. He knew that teething was inevitable but why did it have to be so harsh on little kids? Maybe if Rosa was here she would know what to do.

Sure, the pair of them had read many books on raising a baby which including what to do when it came teething but it was the one life even he couldn’t help out with much. It did upset Harvey but he knew his son was resilient and he was going to be brave. It was far to early for him to predict his son would be in Gryffindor when his time came to attend Hogwarts but he could hope. Well he had just over ten years to wait and find out.

Till then he was going to cherish every moment he had with Silas, she of course he was not having to leave his baby at Daycare for the day. He hoped that may be the other kids there wouldn’t bother SIlas but they were kids after all. It was hard enough to tell them to be quiet let alone to leave someone alone. Harvey would have to speak to one of the adults there to see what could be done. It was unfortunate he wasn’t able to stay home for work. That would be the ideal solution.

Harvey arrived at Paisley with Silas dozing off on his shoulder. He smiled sadly. ”I’m sorry I have to do this buddy, I do love you” he told his baby boy in a hushed tone. Looking up he smiled at the blonde woman approaching him. ”Morning, he’s teething so will be grumpy and fussy today and who knows what else…” He sighed and kisses his son’s head.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 18, 2019 14:51:22 GMT -5

teething problems
simple fixes

There were times when it was honestly clear to Affy that she needed to make some changes in her life, but that was one of the hardest things that she ever did. She didn’t like that she was going to have to let go and let other people do things when they were things that she knew needed to be done correctly. Losing staff was always hard and it had been a while since she had been there to guide them as it were. She wanted nothing more than to never really have to come back here, it was such a symbol of her past, of the things that she had been through and somehow managed to come back from, but it wasn't like she didn't know what she was doing. She did, but the bar was somehow more precious to her.

Intake was the thing that she was focusing on, and redoing paperwork. She had been owling and calling parents most of the morning letting them know that they would need to come in to redo things or sign paperwork It was frustrating in that she had no idea what she was going to do when she had inventory, they would just have to do without her because she had to go later and do that so that the bar would be able to do the order. It was only a few days a week that she had to do that, but she needed a new manager at the bar that she could trust with the ordering.

She liked Thad, but she didn't trust him as far as she could throw him when it came to ordering. She was very precise with the books and she liked it that way, she had made a lot of changes in the bar and it was better that way, but she was going to have to start trusting someone to help her, she was running herself ragged and with Kian back in the picture as something more than nothing... she wanted the time that she could have with him, she wanted to enjoy the things that life had for her.

She was at her desk when she heard someone arrive through the wards. "Chelsea, you got it?" she called out before punching a few more keys on the typewriter. Hearing the door open and no one spoke she rolled her eyes and got up from her desk. How was she going to ever finish?

Seeing the man with the baby she smiled and nodded her head, picking up her skirt as she stepped down out of the office and then to him. She took the baby who was no older than ten months from him and kissed the little head and bounced him softly. "Oh that is a specialty of mine. My son was a premie, and had cholic. He's in good hands." She said before laughing softly.
tag: // words: 486 // OUTFIT
template by eliza @ TB THQ
Harvey Arington
Harvey Arington Avatar
Gryffindor Alumni
45 posts
20 years old
Thief
Publication
played by Tyra
""
options

Post by Harvey Arington on Apr 21, 2019 20:59:11 GMT -5

Raising Silas would definitely be ten times easier if Rosa was here but she wasn’t and so Harvey had adjusted to being a single father. He would easily welcome her return whenever she felt was the best time to return. He wasn’t going pressure her to return. She was smart enough to recognise when the best time to come back would be. Harvey trusted her on that front. He was doing the best he could with Silas but when his little boy was feeling miserable and there was little he could do, he felt helpless. There were a number of potions he could get Silas to take but his boy was old enough to know what tasted nice and what didn’t. He imagined they all tasted nasty as Silas had refused to take them all. Harvey and even tried to mix it in with some of his sweet foods, like the fruit custards but that had not worked. At least having his magic meant he could still help by administering some pain relief charms on his son, at least when he slept.

Watching his son sleep in peace and with little to no distress made him smile. At least he was doing something right. He hoped that when Silas was older that he didn’t hate him or Rosa for letting her go on the run while he was still a baby. They would have to make sure they explained clearly their reasoning for letting that happen.

Today though, he had to leave Silas at Daycare while he went to work. He did feel bad but sometimes who had to be the bad guy. Harvey trusted the people that worked there, this was their speciality after all and he was happy for Silas to be there. At least, if he managed to calm down he could then play with the other children there. Harvey wanted his son to be as social as he was. He didn’t necessarily want him to be an extrovert but if that was who he was then it would only benefit him when he went to school and went on to work.

Harvey knew that both he and Rosa only wanted the best for their son. While Rosa was away, he tried to do that for Silas and to give him toys and books. But he knew it was not about all the things he could give him but the time he spent with him. Harvey knew that was more important and he tried to make time for that each day. If he could stay home each day to be with Silas especially now that he was teething, he would, However, he had to work.

"I know Affy, I just don't want him to upset the other kids too much” he smiled at the blonde woman. Harvey walked off and hung up his son’s backpack before coming back to her. [b"How are things with you?”
[/b] he asked as he smiled at Silas who was frowning but looking around.
[/div][/div]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 6, 2019 16:13:16 GMT -5

teething problems
simple fixes

She didn't come here enough for many people to know her by name anymore. She only came when people needed time off or a break, which wasn't all that often really. it was pretty funny to her that people did not understand that she had a life too, that this place and the bar were it, yes, but the bar needed more attention than his place. it brought in more money, it was also something that had to be managed more. She had only had it a little over a year and she was more than doubling her money now, and the daycare had been open so long now that it was a staple for many families. She didn't give a fig for politics or the opinions of other people. Kids were kids, and they did not see blood status, money, power, race or sex. They were pure love made up in a ball of happiness love and light. Not something to be taken lightly. They showed the way that things should be.

There were some who would always hate her for making it a policy that their opinions would not change how she ran the place, for letting those who had muggleborn parents and pureblood parents be in the same room. She didn't care though, they didn't have to be patrons of her daycare, they didn't have to sleep as she did, and this way, she could sleep in peace knowing that she was quietly teaching tolerance and love bit by bit. She knew they had their ways of life, everyone did. They all had their ways and their opinions, but she didn't care about them, she only cared about making sure the kids were taken care of. It wasn't hard really, you just watch a group of kids play, teach them little things like numbers and letters, shapes and colors. It was all she did, but she didn't segregate and she didn't care what people thought of it.

That was the best part of people paying for her services. If they didn't like it, they didn't have to bring their kids there. Some didn't have a choice and some could just hire a nanny instead. But teaching their kids to play with other kids was an important thing, and she wasn't going to take that lightly. "it's something they all go through, and thankfully we don't worry about that until it's time for his N A P. When you're at home, try freezing some of those arrowroot cookies he likes. the cold will help with the swelling and the grit helps cut the teeth faster. Animal crackers work too but the arrowroot ones give nutrition too." She said before kissing Silas' cheek softly. Moving she put him down to play with a group of the others who were around his age before pulling open a small drawer and getting a box out.

"This is teething gel, only use this when he is screaming his head off and never at bedtime. It will numb his gums and help him get som relief. At bedtime try a softly frozen dummy with some water in it. Renny really liked that." She said with a small nod. He asked her how things were with her and she leaned on the desk at the entrance and shrugged. "Bout the same as usually. The Roadhouse keeps me busy enough, and Renny is getting so big it's scary. He's enjoying the time he gets with his dad now though, so that is good at least. "

tag: // words: 593 // OUTFIT
template by eliza @ TB THQ

Harvey Arington
Harvey Arington Avatar
Gryffindor Alumni
45 posts
20 years old
Thief
Publication
played by Tyra
""
options

Post by Harvey Arington on Jul 8, 2019 2:45:48 GMT -5

During Rosa’s pregnancy, Harvey had read through as many parent books as he could have. Their son had been conceived and been during the muggleborn registration. No amount of talking to from any of his family would have stopped Harvey from feeling the guilt he had been riddled with for the majority of her pregnancy. But they had been blessed with a happy and healthy baby boy through it all. Well, most of the time he was happy, even though he had his moments, like at present when his teething was getting the better of him. Even if he knew that was something that all little ones went through, he wished there was more he could do. At least he still had magic but he stopped himself rom using it as he didn’t want to do any damage to his son’s mouth or teeth.

He could have taken his baby to St Mungo’s but he thought they had more serious problems to deal with. Harvey did trust the paediatricians at the hospital but he didn’t want to go to that length. Rosa had trusted him to look after their son in her absence and even she would think that taking Silas to St Mungo’s for his teething was taking it too far. However Harvey thought that asking someone at the childcare centre wouldn’t be too bad. They looked after children day in, day out and they would surely know how to best handle children at this stage.

He knew that Silas liked coming here because except for the first few times he had brought his son here, Silas had not cried lately when he had left him here when he went to work. While it reduced his guilt, it still made him worry. DId he need more time at home, especially given that he wasn’t even one yet? If Harvey was able to work at home, he would but working for a Quidditch magazine meant he went to different pitches or he went to see different broom makers. He wasn’t locked down to one location and that meant he had to bring Silas here to Paisley Daisy At least it helped his social skills for when he started school.

Harvey leant back on his heels as the blonde witch spoke to him. ”Where his naps are concerned, I do give him a dummy that’s been cooled, I remember reading it in a book” he informed her, offering a small smile. ”It just sucks because I know he’ll get his teeth at different times and I want it to be as pain free as possible for him” He went on to say, trying not to frown.

”Oh the Roadhouse? I don’t think I’ve been to that place in a while, my brother and I checked it out after we turned 18 but not since then” he laughed. He barely remembered that night, if he was honest, that had to be a sign of a good night. ”I’m glad to hear that your son is getting on with his dad….does he look more like or his father?” Harvey recalled seeing her son once here but he wasn’t so sure. He hoped it wasn’t to intrusive of a question.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 9, 2019 19:17:02 GMT -5

Teething Problems
Simple fixes
ya know
Affy was lucky when it came to her son, not many things with Renny had caused problems, and he was a good kid. He hadn't cried tons when he was small and he had grown like a weed. She had thought, back then at least, that it was because he had been so small. She knew now though that it was due to his father being not far away from a giant. Renny himself was going to be a tall boy according to the healers and she was rather glad that he got that part of his father's genetics, but now... now he was eating her out of house and home for the most part. She had wanted a small kid who would be like her, if she was lucky, he wouldn't tower over her too much. He was all ready to her bloody waist after all. She knew that she was lucky when it came to her kid and how well that he was doing. It could have easily gone another way, they could have a sickly child who was small and cross for the rest of his life. SHe thought that they had lucked out but she wasn't going to jinx them just in case he stopped growing.

Every baby was different and they were each going to handle things differently and develop at different rates. It was something that she learned with running the daycare. It was how she had come to know so much about kids. SHe had considered Early Education as a major in school first, but then she had had Renny and now she had the bar. This was where she belonged now though, she liked life this better this way. She nodded when he said that he had tried the place out when he had been eighteen and she nodded. "I didn't own it then, I got it when my husband died just over a year ago. " She said with a nod.

"He definitely takes after me in looks, but in his father's height and hair."
tag: words: 345 template by eliza @ tb & thq

Harvey Arington
Harvey Arington Avatar
Gryffindor Alumni
45 posts
20 years old
Thief
Publication
played by Tyra
""
options

Post by Harvey Arington on Jul 29, 2019 2:58:29 GMT -5

Anyone who welcomed a child into their lives and chose to keep the baby just wanted to do right by their son or daughter. That was definitely the case with Harvey. With Rosa on the run, his desire to give Silas everything and anything was stronger. He knew he could provide for him and his son but even some days his thoughts got the better of him. He wanted to fight them off but sometimes that wasn’t possible, However, if his son was to give him just one smile, he knew he was doing a good job and that was all reassurance Harvey needed. He didn’t have his own father to much in life to tell him that but maybe Silas’s affections were all he needed. For as long as Harvey could remember his father had been distant and that was something that he didn’t want with his own son. Right now it was just the two of them and they had to remain close.

This was perhaps it was so hard for him to leave Silas at daycare each day. When Harvey was younger and he had imagined what he would be like as a father, he never saw him being so upset to leave his son but he could have never imagined they would be under these circumstances. There was no way of sugar-coating it, it was a fucked up situation but Harvey was trying to protect Silas from the reality of it even if he was too young to understand what was going on.

When Silas grew up and went on to attend Hogwarts or even at Peverell’s, he would learn about this and Harvey knew that he would have to explain why his mum had to leave. But he hoped that Rosa would return so that when that time came, they could talk to him about it together.

Right now, Harvey was trying his best to handle Silas’s teething as best he could. He thought they were probably some spell he could have cast on his son to remove the pain entirely but he did’t want to expose his son to that just yet. He was happy to take onboard any advice that Affy gave him regarding this stage of his son’s development.

Harvey smiled at the blonde witch.”When Silas was born, he looked like me as a baby but now he’s just got my nose, other than that, he looks just like Rosa, don’t know where he got that dimple though” he said pointing the same spot, just left of his chin on his own face. ”But hey, they say that girls love dimples right?” He chuckled.