""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 4, 2019 21:16:46 GMT -5

We'll be scraping the skies
with our fingertips
Screaming "This is the life, we were born for this"
See I've got plans to get to you
You know, don't you know
Van had been entirely wrapped up in music as of late, but he was far from being engaged. His life revolved around it. Always had. But lately he felt that he was sitting on the other side of the booth far too often. When he and Cat had came up with the idea for the label he had figured it would be mostly hers. In a way it was. She did the most production, the most mixing and what not. It gave her something when he was off doing whatever wrockstar stuff his life had in store for him. But with the sickness and everything that followed it seemed their relationship wasn't the only thing taking a break.

Was it really a break? Maybe not. They still came up with music, held jam sessions, whatever-- but it felt like a bloody long break from living the music! When was their last show? Eons ago. Eons. When was the last time he stage dived into a crowd of screaming fans? Ages, my friend. And far too long for his liking. So when Tib had sent him out an owl saying he and Sheryl had finally figured some things out he nearly woke the neighbors with an ecstatic FUCK YES! 

So bring the booze he did, as well as his newly reclaimed wife and label cohort, Cat. It was pretty obvious that he was a bit over excited for the whole ordeal since he had shown up before the clock had even struck twelve. Which, lets face it, was a rather large deal for this mess of a man. With beautiful blonde in tow he flooed on in, swinging a bottle of Jack as he meandered into the familiar pad. "Crabbe-y Patty," he greeted Sheryl with a nod, "How's it hanging?" He knew she would hate him for being so crude, but of course that was half the fun. Merlin, how he missed annoying that woman. The instances were too far and few between these days.

"Alright," he stated excitedly, setting down the bottle he had brought and rubbing his hands together in anticipation. "A proper band meeting. Fuck, I feel like a wrockstar again." Van chuckled giving Tib a clap on the back. It felt nice to be going to his mate's house for a reason other than to sulk or fight about something piddily as he had been in the past months. He was starting to feel like his old self a bit these days. "Can you tell I'm excited? I got here early, mate. Fucking early." Van chatted toying with the shorted cig behind his ear before sticking it in his mouth. "I think we're early... Love?" he murmured as he turned to Cat in question. "We are early, right?" Van glanced around noting that they were either the slightest bit early or terribly late. Merlin, if he woke up this bloody early to be late he'd have happily kept sleeping.

@caterina @robert @duke | Outfit
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 23, 2019 15:34:10 GMT -5

WE'LL BE SCRAPING THE SKIES
WITH OUR FINGERTIPS

SCREAMING "THIS IS THE LIFE, WE WERE BORN FOR THIS"
SEE I'VE GOT PLANS TO GET TO YOU
YOU KNOW, DON'T YOU KNOW

They were back together and things were… beyond great. She couldn’t keep the smile from her face, and even the mornings, which were admittedly easier when she didn’t have to drive halfway across London, she was smiling again. They were married, still married and it was… amazing, glorious even. She still felt bad that she could barely remember their reunion, but that didn’t matter all that much. it didn’t change that she was still his wife, that he loved her, that he was trying, that they both were. No longer would other people rule their relationship. They were back to who they had been before they had gotten sick, at least to some extent.

Van had changed since the death of his parents, and it was understandable, while she was still guarded and kept a few walls up from getting hurt. She had learned who she was though, she had found herself in that time frame and she had learned to love herself without Van. She didn’t need him to make her worthy. His attention or lack thereof did not mark who she was as a person. It would not change who she was to become and would not ever change her value. Yes, being the wife of a rockstar could make her famous, but she did not need his name, or his connections, or his money or his love to love herself. That was the biggest lesson that she had learned. She was worthy. Regardless of attention or inattention, she was worthy of everything that she wanted in this life and his actions would not change that or how she felt about herself again.

An inner strength had been found and it seemed that Van had found the same. it felt good to be in the studio again together. She had been working on music with other people, but it was a secret. She was not sure if those tracks would ever see the light of day or not, but lending her voice to a few that Van had liked had made her laugh. It had made Zora laugh too since he had no idea who the ‘pipes in the background’ were.

They moved towards the couch of Tib’s house and she held to her husband’s hand laughing and waving to Sheryl as they came in. Sitting on his lap she smiled and picked up Lucy who was whining for her attention and picked the dog up before sitting down on the cushion next to Van and put her, now bare, feet in his lap. ” Yes, love. We are early. We set alarms, remember,”

tag: @van @robert @duke // words: 436 // OUTFIT
template by eliza @ TB THQ
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 13, 2019 15:07:48 GMT -5

Don't you know
we got this on fleek

There was a plan, there was always a plan when it came to this kind of thing, but this tour was different. This was something that needed to be planned better, to do better. They needed to do something wild and crazy. Something better and more fun. He wanted the wild crazy ride to be even more of one. They had so much new material that he and Van had been working on and as a team, they had even more fun. He worried a touch what Winona would do while he was away, but he tried to not let that cloud his mind. He would sell his soul for a bit more time, but that was the way of things. His mother had been talking to the label they were formerly with, but a lot of this rode on getting the funds together. Defiance was going great and they were making a ton off of Zora and Luxx, but would they be able to do a tour on this scale for the band? He wasn't sure.

He wasn't about to put his best mate and his wife into debt by wanting to be an over the top fool. This was going to be it though, this would possibly be the last with Weird Sisters II. Tib was running low and he knew it. The band was losing people left and right, Rob was gone now and they had replaced him but the more people left the less it was the same. They had been a family and they were slowly starting to fall apart. They were slowly starting to come apart at the edges and it was a little sad. How did they come back from that? How did they make it better? He saw no way to do so, but he wanted to try. Their sales had not gone down, so maybe it was all in his head.

Seeing Van and Cat come through the floo together had put a smile on his face. It was faster than if they had driven, but now he was going to have to clean the house, again. He was a little anal about how the place looked and maybe that was his mother coming through more than his father, but it was what he loved to do, it was what he wanted more than anything else. To have something that he could be proud of. "Oh yeah, that's right, bud. We going back on tour. I'm bored as fuck, we need something to do, and what better than a tour that will knock em on their asses?" He said with a wink and a grin.

tag: @caterina & @van // words: 446 // OUTFIT
template by eliza @ TB THQ
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 11, 2019 21:36:59 GMT -5

WITH OUR FINGERTIPS
YOU KNOW, DON'T YOU KNOW
"D'you hear that mate? An alarm. We set alarms," Van's brows raised and lowered theatrically as he spoke though the smile had been firmly plastered on his face for weeks now. He was feeling good, great even. And having his wife back at his side was the reason for it all. Van lit the cigarette he had placed between his lips, drawing in a short puff of smoke. "You can set 'em on your phone. Did you even know that?" Van lurched forward making sure not to disturb Cat's feet on his lap. He grabbed an ashtray and set it on the arm of the couch. Gone were the days of lazy conjuring. God, how he missed those.

Tib spoke of returning to tour and he felt like a child who had just been informed they were going to Zonko's. The smile on his face drew wider as he cast a glance over to the beautiful blonde beside him. Surely they would have to work this out. The label needed them both, even if he believed that Cat were the heart and soul of it. "We can work that out, right love?" Van patted his wife's leg and shot her a wink. "When are you thinking? I haven't got any plans later today. Next week is pretty open."

A joke, of course, but he couldn't help himself. He needed to tour like a bird needed wings. Like whales needed water. Like mandrakes needed mud. As excited as he were he did feel the slightest bit of a pause. They had lost so many of their bandmates recently. Sure, they had been replaced but-- "Do y'think the rest of 'em are ready for that? I mean, I feel like we've only just got Rob's replacement." Van hadn't even had enough time to memorize the bloke's name. How was the lad supposed to memorize all their songs, old and new? Or what about the new ones? It seemed like a hellacious task to get them all ready but there was no doubt in his mind that he was ready to do it. 

@caterina @duke | Words: 350
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 11, 2019 22:13:09 GMT -5

WITH OUR FINGERTIPS
YOU KNOW, DON'T YOU KNOW
Cat could not help but laugh as her husband spoke and she shook her head before taking the cigarette from him to draw on it and then placed it back in his lips after letting out her inhale. She couldn't help but smile, but the reasons were the same as Van's. They were happy, they were back together and things were amazing, but times like today she couldn't help but find his impish childlike manner even more endearing. "Okay, now, grandpa." She teased him rarely about the age gap between them but it was the rare times when she could actually do so and not hurt his feelings. She didn't get to make fun of him often or even prod him for things for a long time so she said that she was making up for the lost time by giving her adorable husband a hard time.

She stretched herself out and a little and relaxed on the couch before casting a glance to her husband's best friend. "You sure that this is a good idea though, mate. What about Winona, and the pups? " She could get her sister to watch the two larger dogs, but Doris would go with her, she went almost everywhere with her. The dog was her baby, as close as they would be getting. "You can even set reminders, Van. Like to call me, or to eat lunch, or do payroll." She said with a smirk and a wink tossed to Tiberius. Her small fingers reached out to draw a pattern on the skin, pulling it to be on her leg and smiled at Van.

b]"I think it might be a little soon, to be doing it all. We just got back together, but that is my opinion. Maybe write your new material and make sure that everyone knows everything. With so many people coming in and out... some changes may need to happen. But that's just me talking like a producer. "
[/b] She said with a shrug. She wasn't a part of the band and she knew that her opinion likely didn't matter much but she was trying to help. [/div]
tag: @van words: 359 template by eliza @ tb & thq
[/div] [/div]