""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 20, 2019 20:13:59 GMT -5

[googlefont="Satisfy"][googlefont="Open Sans"]
Well, it's a marvelous night for a moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes.
18th April
Astronomy Tower

Karel was surprised by how easy it had been to slip into the Astronomy Tower, he hadn't been patrolling tonight and neither had Oralie so it had been a somewhat risky feat; that hadn't stopped them though. Being a Prefect had its perks and one of them just happened to be that they knew the schedule of all the others who could be potentially patrolling. Sure, it was nearly midnight but the fact that they were all heading home for Easter tomorrow meant that neither had to worry about being up too early. They could stay here all night if they wanted and just sleep on the train. Whatever the case, Karel wanted some time alone with Oralie away from prying eyes. Sure, they stole a few moments together here and there and when they were on patrol, but it wasn't exactly easy. He was glad that come tomorrow they'd have a week away from the school and be able to spend time together in a more relaxed situation.

Karel pushed the trap door at the top of the spiral stairs open and clambered through it before turning and offering the blonde his hand with a small smile, "I love being a prefect." He said with a small smile when the Oralie was with him as he shut the trapdoor and crossed the stone floor to the balcony, leaning on the iron railings and raising his gaze to the night sky. The moon was absolutely stunning which was another reason he wanted to come to the tower with Oralie. He wasn't usually a romantic person, but when it came to the witch he now called his girlfriend he was finding himself wanting to take advantage of 'romantic' things and trying to make the witch smile. He knew Oralie wasn't a stereotypical witch, that even though she liked the little romantic and 'traditional' things. It wasn't all she liked and Karel was still learning what his girlfriend did and didn't find interest in. Tonight was just another experiment.

Karel unfastened his top button and ran his fingers through his hair before glancing over his shoulder at Oralie, "What do you think of this view?" He asked softly, pushing away from the railings and going over to Oralie, resting his hands on her hips and kissing her forehead tenderly. His stomach was in knots as it always was when he was around her and he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I meant to tell you, my dad bought me this thing called a... mobile phone? Do you have one, if what I got from his letters are right, it's a much quicker way to send letters." He mused aloud, tilting his head and glancing towards the moon again then back to Oralie. 

OUTFIT // 4 6 4 //
Oralie Slughorn
Oralie Slughorn Avatar
Slytherin
116 posts
17 years old
7th Year
Head Girl
Captain
Seeker

Avalon School of Ballet Apprentice
Aura Reading
Slytherin
played by Jade
"I did everything he did but backwards and in high heels."
options

Post by Oralie Slughorn on May 27, 2019 0:50:13 GMT -5

it's a marvelous night
With the stars up above in your eyes
A fantabulous night to make romance

Being out after hours was never a worry for Oralie, not since she had became a prefect. Even when she did not officially have a patrol, it was easy enough to claim she did. She had no reputation for dishonesty, so why would anyone question her? She had cultivated her reputation at Hogwarts with care. She was a Slughorn, after all. They were to rise above the rest of the student body. Her brothers had, and she had, as well. It was easy. Most people were so mundane; it was nothing to be better than them. She was confident about her excellence, some might have even called her arrogant. But she did make attempts to feign modesty when it benefited her to do so. She put forward the image that was expect of her. She was a lady. She knew when to be demure; just as she knew when to flaunt her power and intellect.

Oralie did not claim, though, to be some prodigious witch. She was a reasonably accomplished dueler, but her true magical talents lay before a cauldron. Just as she had inherited the sight for auras from her mother's family, she had the Slughorn natural skill with brewing. Potionology came so natural to her. She would find a place at Eternelle eventually--after her time at Avalon was through. It was Isidore's hope that Oralie would study dance at Braithewaite, which was likely something the witch would do...but she wanted to go to Bangor, too, to study potion crafting.

Isidore had almost ruined dancing for Oralie. The woman had a knack for ruining things for her daughter. She was a cold and cruel person. Oralie could tell there would always be anger in her mother's heart. Isidore would never really forgive her children for what they had done to her body, for the way they had ended her dancing career. Yes, she had accepted Kristofer's offer of marriage. Yes, she had accepted giving him sons quickly. But she was still sour over it.

Oralie knew no way to remedy this for the woman. Isidore had been a prodigy. Oralie was good--she had the grace and agility of her mother, but she was not as brilliant as the other woman had been. She had not left Hogwarts to dance. She would not put aside her studies or quidditch for the art. There were aspects of dance that had been spoiled by Isidore's insistence that Oralie be a ballerina.  But somehow, sometimes, she still loved it. She loved moving with the music and being part of something more than herself. She loved to lose herself in it. There was beauty there. 

She would not have had her internship at Avalon if she didn't at least still enjoy ballet sometimes. When she could forget about her mother, she could love it. That was just hard to do. She still found herself thinking about Avalon, though, and the rehearsals she would be in all during Easter holidays. It would be long hours in the studio, but she was looking forward to it a little bit, if she completely honest with herself. Plus, she would not be going to the Slughorn Estate. She was spending the holiday in her new room at Mellie's. They were going to spend time working on her aura reading situation--and probably Braille, just in case. She really didn't like reading in Braille. It was so tedious for her still. Supposedly it would get easier and faster, but it was neither of those things at this point. She hoped it would be unnecessary. She hoped she would not become infected and lose control over the auras. It was scary to think about the life Mellie was living at the moment.

Oralie pushed those thoughts away as Karel offered her his hand and she graceful made her way up through the trapdoor. "It does have it's benefits," she agreed, flashing a bright smile at the wizard. This was one of her very favorite places in the castle. It made her almost wish she was a Ravenclaw---slipping from the claw tower up here was much easier than sneaking all the way from the dungeons.  The sky always looked so big from up here. The stars winking down from above, she was always in awe of their beauty. Karel asked her opinion of the view and she shifted her attention to him. "I love it," she promised, her voice soft and gentle with the words. He put his lips to her forehead and gave her a flurry of butterflies in her stomach. Her heart beat a little bit faster, but she loved every moment of it. Slipping her arms around him, Oralie leaned in and continued: "I've always adored the stars. Astronomy isn't the most useful of classes, but I can't bring myself to drop it. I love looking at the sky too much." A content sigh rose past the witch's petal pink lips. She appreciated the beauty of it, even if it wasn't practical. Karel swept one of her nearly white blonde strands back behind her ear and she felt a wave of feelings again. It was a very dangerous thing to be moved so by such a simple gesture. It just felt very sweet and caring. She enjoyed it. She just liked being around him. It was easier to be with him than even with her friends. She didn't worry in the same ways about what she said when she was with Karel. He wasn't going to go gossip about it. She trusted him.

She tilted her head as he started to speak again. A nod came as he spoke about phones, confirming that she knew what he was talking about and that his phrasing was correct.
"I do, actually. Yes, Rhea and I use ours all the time when we are out of the castle. All the dancers at Avalon have them. I will show you this app thing that goes on them. It lets you send pictures with words instead of just writing back and forth. I think you'll like it." She had a devilish gleam in her eye as she spoke about Snapchat. So far, she had only really used it with Rhea, but she was sure it could be a lot of fun with Karel.

@ my boyfriend ♔ uniform ♔ 1000, sorry idk what happened

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 2, 2019 19:24:19 GMT -5

[googlefont="Satisfy"][googlefont="Open Sans"]
There and then all my dreams will come true, dear
There and then I will make you my own
Karel didn’t often abuse his position as Prefect, well not in the sense of breaking curfew. He did abuse it in some ways, but as far as he was aware none of the teachers knew of it, or if they were they turned a blind eye and he was perfectly fine with pretending alongside them, he liked to think he was subtle though but he also knew not to get overconfident. His family encouraged him at least, especially his Uncle who had helped him make outside connections that could be used within Hogwarts and his father just though Karel could do anything he wanted. His mother though, he knew his mother supported his entrepreneurial ways but he knew she also just wanted to amount to the best he could which meant studying hard at school and if he so chose afterwards university. For now, though his main focus was preparing to apply for internships come summer. He had a few ideas that would help him grow and learn, but he knew he also needed to put his mind to it and commit, his father tried to make him think that he could do anything without putting in much effort, but Karel wasn’t an idiot. His mother had taught him well. Karel knew how to achieve want he wanted and he could do it. But it wasn’t just handed to him on a silver platter; if it was just handed to a person Karel felt like you could never really say you actually did it. You had to learn through trial and error and that was exactly what he did.

He was careful, he knew his clients and he worked to expand it, to hide how he truly felt when the likes of a mudblood came looking to make a deal with him. Sure, after the matter he wrinkled his nose in distaste but he needed to work with everything he was handed, who knew what people could surmount to once they left these school walls and the more clients he built a loyal following with, the more connections he would have when he was out in the real world. Some of them even provided valuable tidbits, objects they’d seen, stories they’d heard. All things that Karel could study and search for if it turned out to have such value. He often discussed his clients with Oralie, finding that sometimes asking for an honest opinion was helpful and he liked to hope that he helped her whenever she wanted or needed it but his girlfriend was independent and she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself, but sometimes though a little praise or help could go a long way but at the end of the day he wasn’t a mind reader.

Karel let his hand drop when he let go of him and nodded his agreement as she mentioned the benefits. Smiling warmly at her when she flashed him one of her dazzling smiles, it was absurd how smitten he had found himself becoming with Oralie, putting a ‘label’ on their relationship had just added to it. He still wasn’t quite ready to admit things to his family though, his mother knew of Oralie and she’d worked out he cared for her, but the wizard hadn’t expanded on the situation, he had no doubt in his mind that Danijela Kopitar-Higgs would ask questions when he was home, and honestly Karel didn’t mind. He had just wanted to enjoy it being just them and a couple of others who knew. Admittedly, suspicions had probably been raised at the Valentine’s dance but Karel hadn’t addressed any of the whispers or looks he’d received, he wasn’t going to add to the gossip that spread around the school. If people wanted to speculate, they could, that’s just what teenagers seemed to do. But the only people who needed to know were Karel and Oralie. It was their relationship, no one else's.

The blond stole a few moments to just drink in Oralie whilst she looked up at the sky, and he tilted his head when she turned to address him. The way she spoke, it was so… unlike Oralie and it made him smile knowing that she felt comfortable enough around him to let her walls down. He brought his hands to snake around her waist, and he pulled the witch against his chest, resting his chin on top of her head and following her gaze to the stars. “I understand.” He didn’t study Astronomy but he could appreciate it. Maybe he could study it in his own free time, he didn’t need it for his future plans, but it was something he could do at his own leisure, he could very well ask Oralie to mentor him, if it meant more time with her; he wouldn’t complain and he liked to think she wouldn’t either. “Sometimes it can bring you back to Earth and it is beautiful… romantic even.” He mused, kissing the top of her hair and humming thoughtfully. “It makes you think how small this world is though.” He removed his chin from her head and looked down at her when she sighed, his lips curling up into a small smile. "You never know though, it may come in useful eventually, it’s not a harmful subject to have studied. There’s a lot that goes into reading the stars and the planets that people don’t even realise.” He knew of horoscopes and how things like the different phases of the moon affected people’s moods, he would admit it could be quite an interesting subject to study on the side if you had free time to do so. He smiled at her content sigh, it was nice to be able to just be himself around Oralie, he didn’t have to keep up the act of being stone cold and heartless, he wasn’t even sure if his parents knew that he had such a caring side to him. It was something that only Oralie had seen and something he’d be happy with if she was the only person to ever know, she didn’t judge, disrespect or look down on him knowing that he wasn’t as fierce and cold as most people thought and that made it just that much easier to let his guard down around her. He’d seen Oralie have moments of vulnerability too and it filled him with a sort of smugness knowing that no one else may have seen this side to him, but it also meant a lot to him that the trust was quite clearly there for both of them.

When the conversation became that of phones again, an expression of pure confusion crossed Karel’s face. “What’s an app thing?” He asked, his brow furrowing as she continued to explain it. "How… how do you send a picture with words on that thing? If you don’t write on it?” The idea of a phone made his head hurt, it sounded like such a complicated contraption. The look she gave him caused his interest to perk up a little, it was a secret little smile that had recently become his tell for when Oralie’s mind was wandering to be less… ladylike things. It was a dangerous look, but he liked the ‘danger’ that came with it whenever Oralie directed it at him. The wizard moved a hand from her waist and took one of her hands, entwining their fingers as they spoke. It was a small action, but another way he showed his affection towards his girlfriend. "I thought it would be nice to be able to do something... innocent alone away from prying eyes and gossip." He finally said as he stepped even closer to her.

UNIFORM // 1,287 // @moj dragi