Under My Skin

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 2, 2015 19:47:35 GMT -5

The silence in the tea shop was broken by a woman that sounded like she was about ready to cough out a lung. Daisy had been so excited that she would be seeing her friend that she had taken a gulp of her tea too quickly and was now choking. The boiling hot temperature of the liquid was not helping her regain control over her oxygen flow. Eventually, after a few more hacking sounds, she was able to calm herself down and breath normally again. She placed her hands around the saucer and stared at her tea and waited as patiently as she could.

It had been a few years since @kahina and Daisy had seen each other. The two had spent a lot of time together in their younger years being in the same house and year at Hogwarts, but their lives had taken them separate ways upon graduating. They had still kept in touch through owls, as they both went about traveling and here they were now, getting ready to both be professors. Daisy was relieved to have her fellow Ravenclaw alumni with her. In fact, the arithmancy professor couldn’t really imagine being at Hogwarts without Kahina. I can’t wait to tell her I get to be the head for our old house. Daisy practically squirmed in her seat with anticipation. Something about Kahina made Daisy happier, more confident.

Sighing, Daisy checked her watch. It was just about time. Me and my stupid tendency to be early to things. Her eyes focused on the door, waiting for any sign of her wonderful friend. Without looking from the door, she took a sip of her tea now that it had cooled. Thankfully, this time she had managed to drink without going into another coughing frenzy.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 3, 2015 22:02:10 GMT -5

When Kahina took the recently opened position of the Divination Professor at Hogwarts, she had known that her good friend, Daisy, was also going to be on the staff. It had been so exciting for her to hear the news, grateful that she would have a friend available at all times. The two girls had practically grown up together, living in the same dormitory for seven years. To Kahina, it really made no sense how people could live in the same dormitory that long and NOT grow close to their housemates. Having no siblings herself, Kahina believed that these girls WERE her sisters. Though, she found that Daisy was the easiest to remain in contact with. The others, she hadn’t heard from in quite some time, she realized as she stepped into the tea shop.

As soon as she entered the warm and friendly location, her dark eyes set about looking for her friend eagerly. Finally seeing her, she practically bounced over there, anxiously ready to give her friend the biggest hug she could muster together. Hugs were just the best form of expression, in the professor’s mind. When in doubt, a hug was typically the solution.

“Daisy!” she exclaimed excitedly, arms spread wide in anticipation. “You look great! Look at your hair! It’s so beautiful!” Kahina continued, eyes looking over her friend trying to indicate all of the changes that must have occurred over the decade it’s been since they’ve seen each other.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 4, 2015 18:55:29 GMT -5

When she saw her friend, Daisy practically shot out of her seat. The excitement that filled her could not be matched. Perhaps the job offer at Hogwarts came close, but no, it still couldn’t top this. It was a rare occasion that Daisy got this excited over people, but how could she not with Kahina? The woman was practically everything she wanted in a sister, not the bratty ones she was stuck with. Nope, focus! We’re not thinking about them and allowing the mood to be ruined.

As the girl stood, she outstretched her arms as her fellow professor came towards her. “Kahina! It is so good to see you!” Daisy wrapped her arms around Kahina in a warm embrace. In fact, it was probably the first hug she had engaged in since, well, the last time she had seen Kahina. At least the first one she enjoyed. Her sister, Rose, had recently tried to be over the top in sisterly love to Daisy, and the exchange was quite awkward. This moment, on the other hand, was quite welcome.

“Look at my hair?! Look at yours! It looks gorgeous,”
she said as she released her friend and backed away to examine her. Daisy was practically bouncing at this point. She knew Kahina was looking her over and she was pretty much doing the same. Her fellow Ravenclaw alumni hadn’t changed a bit except Daisy swore she was even prettier than she remembered. The smile on her face only grew. Daisy wasn’t even aware of this until she felt a slight pain her jaw from her mouth being stretched so much. She wasn’t used to this, but she refused to stop.

Daisy glanced over her shoulder to the table and was about to invite Kahina to sit, but then her eyes landed on the tea on her table. “Oh! I don’t want to keep you from ordering your drink. I’ll just stay right here.” she paused and took her seat,. “go ahead and get your drink if you want and we can talk when you sit down. I can’t wait to hear everything. OH! And I have exciting news to tell you.” She danced a bit in her seat as she said the last words. Daisy took a sip of her tea, making sure to be cautious not to choke this time.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 6, 2015 18:27:34 GMT -5

Kahina’s absolute favorite thing about being a Ravenclaw was the fact that she had had absolutely wonderful roommates. She would even argue that they were the best set of girls around, even if people would joke that Ravenclaws were rather boring as all they seemed to do was study. That certainly wasn’t ALL that they did, though knowledge was highly valuable to them. In Kahina’s mind, knowledge should be valuable to everyone as how else were they ever supposed to improve society? Shouldn’t people thrive to be the best intellectually so that they could make a difference?

The old Ravenclaw hugged her friend tightly, as if it had been forever since they had seen each other. Really, it kind of had been, in Kahina’s mind at least. “I have missed you so incredibly much!” Kahina exclaimed, a wide smile appearing on her face, happiness filling her almost instantaneously. For a brief moment, Kahina was tempted to forget about the tea and just spend the time catching up. However, she found that she was rather thirsty so she quickly made her way to the counter, putting in her order before making it back to the small table with her warmed tea. Pouring a bit of extra honey into the mug, she sighed contentedly, her mind working through where to start when there was simply so much to catch up on.

Looking back towards her friend, the smile still wide on her face, she excitedly inquired, “so? What’s the news? Don’t hold back on me now!” To Kahina, it was as if the good news was for her, wanting to know just precisely what it was that was exciting for her good friend.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 7, 2015 21:29:10 GMT -5

The energy that Kahina carried with her was incredible. Daisy had often questioned if the girl possessed the ability to enter her mind and manipulate how she felt. No, that’s ridiculous. There isn’t a magical ability that does that. Closest thing to that is legilimency. Plus, Kahina was a seer. Daisy had been informed of this through their owls. It had been why Kahina was traveling. The arithmancy professor did not know much more than this, but she was anxious to hear.

“I have missed you so much too!”
Daisy hadn’t yet told her friend of how her sisters were trying to awkwardly patch things up now and how she didn’t trust it. She felt it would be too confusing to write about, but also she wasn’t sure if she should talk about it yet. If she felt comfortable telling anyone, it would be the seer with her. However, she didn’t want to bore her with her small stuff. What Daisy really loved was hearing how her friends were doing and hearing about their journeys while maybe giving them completely useless facts about places they had been or things they had done.

Kahina had grabbed her drink and returned to her seat. She was now begging for Daisy to share with her the big news. Daisy paused a bit. Now she was suddenly afraid that her fellow professor would not find the news as exciting. Of course she will be happy, right? I mean she was a former Ravenclaw herself. “Okay, ready?” She paused for no reason other than dramatic effect and to leave her friend her suspense. “You are looking at the new head of house for Ravenclaw,” she beamed.

This was really the only new exciting thing she had to share other than the whole sister thing. Well, maybe she could talk about her time between graduation and now, but it wasn’t near a exciting as Kahina’s time. “But, enough of my news now. I have been dying to hear more about your travels. You know, you simply can’t get the whole effect from a letter.”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 9, 2015 17:44:22 GMT -5

Kahina was now more determined than ever that there was certainly nothing better than meeting with an old friend to put anyone in an absolutely fantastic mood. It was really quite unfortunate that so much time had to have passed before they saw each other again, but it was simply wonderful that they were both professors now. They were certainly going to learn all of this together, putting the stereotypes of Ravenclaws being all into knowledge certainly into perspective. Kahina was definitely excited to start teaching her own class and to hopefully reach out to students when most seemed more concerned about which boy they liked or girl that said hello to them than what they could actually fill their heads with. Though, she totally understood that many people were going to be against her class for the mere fact that many had believed it to be rubbish. Perhaps, she hoped, there would be a few minds that she could change.

There hadn’t been many people that had known that Kahina was a seer until after the death of Voldemort. It had been incredibly dangerous to be known as a seer during his reign as he was particularly interested in seers. Though, after his death, her guardians finally allowed her to fully embrace who she was. However, she supposed that now, it seemed like there was a new darkness that was coming, something she had clearly seen while she was studying who she was. Now, there was nothing that could be done about taking back having others know, but she was prepared. Even with the darkness looming, she was still going to shine, living her life as if the darkness was yet to come.

Kahina nodded eagerly, anticipating whatever news her friend was going to share. She was glad that her friend hadn’t wrongly believed that simply because she was a seer, that she could see everything that the future held. That was simply silly and would certainly give her a constant headache if that were the case. “Head of House?!” Kahina exclaimed, her eyes widening in awe and joy as she nearly squealed in excitement. “No way! That’s so exciting! You’re going to do so fantastic at that! Are you excited?” the dark haired beauty shot out, unable to hide her own excitement for her friend. Being the Head of House for Ravenclaw seemed like a HUGE step, and something that was certainly to be celebrated.

“Travel, travel, hmm,” the brunette stated, taking another sip of her tea. “Where to start? Well, after graduating, I went to Russia first as I had heard that there was this super old seer there. I’m pretty sure he was 537 years old. Okay, maybe not QUITE that old, but he was ancient. Anyways, so I stayed there for about a year in this small hut. For the first half of the year, the man wouldn’t even TALK to me. He had someone else tell me that I needed to have a certain amount of visions before he would even consider teaching me anything,” she stated, rolling her eyes dramatically. “I had a lot of failed visions, too. That was the first lesson I had to learn…trying to differentiate between an actual vision and me just seeing what I wanted to see.”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 10, 2015 18:28:43 GMT -5

An amazing thing about two people that were sorted in the same house is that they often found interest and joy in the same things. From the get go, it is like an easier pathway to understanding each other. Daisy had found that in her Ravenclaw friends, but none quite like Kahina. The fact that she could share things with Kahina and she always seemed so genuine with her excitement or empathy made Daisy trust her more than most. She didn’t care that the girl was a seer. It had never made things uncomfortable between them. In fact, she hadn’t known Kahina was a seer for a long time.

When Kahina’s excitement escaped her, the arithmancy professor knew that she had made the right choice in who to tell. Like she expected, the seer had had the reaction she was hoping for. Daisy blushed at her friend’s encouraging words. In all reality, Kahina would make an amazing head of house. She was much more willing to put herself out there than Daisy was, but Kahina more than likely had a lot to worry about with being a seer. “Thank you. I am excited. I mean, it’s a lot. Professor and head of house. I was just happy to be a professor.”

Truth be told, Daisy probably did fit a lot of the stereotypical mold of a Ravenclaw. Even when she was sorted years ago, the sorting hat had barely touched her head before it shouted out its decision. Sure, at the time she thought it was just because her family was consistently sorted into Ravenclaw, but her sisters had informed her she had been sorted way quicker than they had. Sometimes she wondered if they were just playing trick on her, but ass time went on, she proved herself somewhat of a geeky girl, being more into science and math and rambling about things she found interest that others found boring. Hm, maybe I would be an okay head of house. Oh great, now I’m more nervous about just being a professor.

The moment Daisy had been anxiously awaiting finally arrived. Her fellow Ravenclaw began to share a bit of her tales of traveling. She listened in awe to her friend’s words. Russia sounded fascinating, but an old seer that wouldn’t work with her? That just sounded rude. “This may be a silly question, but couldn’t he just see if you were truly a seer without the visions since he was a seer himself? And how do you know if an actual vision?” She hoped she was not overwhelming her friend with questions. Perhaps Kahina may not even fully be able to answer her second question as differentiating between a real vision and a fake one sounded like it was difficult for her.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 13, 2015 18:52:26 GMT -5

Kahina tried to remember the first time she had met her friend, though the memory had seemed to be so incredibly long ago. When she had first joined Hogwarts, her little brain was so focused on anyone, anything, and absolutely everything. Even though she grew up knowing she was a witch, she still found everything so fascinating, both in the Muggle world and the Magical world. To her, there was no difference of who was better or more powerful, it was all a matter of who could do what with the knowledge that they had obtained. However, even better than seeing everything that people could do, was to actually see the people. To have many roommates was so exciting and Kahina was always real intentional with trying to spend time with all of them, amidst the craziness of studying. However, one of her favorites had been Daisy, by far. She was simply the sweetest friend she ever did have.

“So like, was there a different sort of application for that position? What made you interested in being the Head of House? I am just SO excited for you!” Kahina exclaimed, her excitement being hard-pressed at leaving her. It was just such a great opportunity to be able to guide all of the students of their old house, the house that they had enjoyed. It was just such a wonderful adventure, one that she was sure would bring many stories for her lifetime friend.

Kahina sighed dramatically, taking a sip of her tea. “That’s exactly what I said. Apparently, that wasn’t the right thing to say. Apparently, I should have told him that I had a vision that he was going to work with me because he would have a vision that I was truly a seer, or something. It was all very ridiculous. He said that even if I were a real seer, I could still turn away from my ‘gift’, and he wanted to see what kind of person I truly was, something that visions can’t detect. They can depict actions, but they can’t always tell you why a person decided that path,” Kahina explained, shrugging slightly. “Hmm, I’m still a bit hazy on that fact. I’m still considered a ‘baby’ in the world of seer-ing,” she grinned.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 18, 2015 20:03:46 GMT -5

Long ago, when Daisy had started Hogwarts, she had walked into the school with a certain expectation set before her. From the moment her last name was announced at the sorting ceremony she had become the “youngest Lowry sister” which in itself had put a lot of pressure on her. A lot of people befriended her in her younger years expecting her to be the transfiguartion prodigies her older sisters were. Of course, it didn’t help that Rose, her sister closest to her in age, was exceptionally gifted. When she proved not to be, a lot of the fairweather friends disappeared. One of them that stayed by her side was Kahina. Daisy had always considered Kahina a very loyal friend due to this, so to hear that she had been on these amazing adventures of self-discovery simply delighted the arithmancy lover.

The questions that the divination professor asked her took her back. In all honesty, it had all happened so fast that she almost forgot how she came to acquire the head of house position. “Well, you know McGonagall used to tutor me in transfiguration. I think she might still see me as that insecure student that needs reminded of her ‘potential’ or whatever it was she used to tell me. She told me about how Ravenclaw needed a head of house and that she thinks I would be wise to take it. She’s never lead me astray yet, so I took it.” She smiled and thought about how her friend was excited for her. Daisy was excited, but nervous. “I’m excited too, but if we’re being honest, I’m quite nervous about how I’ll do. I just hope all of the students are good.” Now that I think about it, Kahina would probably be a way better head of house than I will be. The seer was a lot more outgoing and friendly, which probably made her a lot more approachable.

Daisy took the last gulp of her tea as her friend spoke of her time with the old man and learning more about becoming a seer. “That all sounds so much more complicated than it need be. And that’s coming from me, the woman that loves complicated maths.” It was true that Daisy considered herself to be a math-loving nerd which is why arithmancy was so wonderful to her. She imagined divination and arithmancy could go hand in hand, which could be why her and Kahina had always been so close. “How are you still considered a baby? Haven’t you been doing this for a good amount of years now? I certainly wouldn’t consider you a novice.”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 25, 2015 10:22:10 GMT -5

Hogwarts years were certainly the most exciting years that Kahina had as they were years filled with learning different things and increasing her knowledge, as well as providing space for successfully interacting with so many different types of people. It had been a phenomenal experience, especially when everyone seemed to be so lovely. From her very first year, Kahina had been eager to attend Hogwarts, seeing so many challenges to overcome and so many memories to be made. What eleven year old WOULDN’T want to live in a large castle? Every floor seemed to bring so much to the table, adding to the wonders of the castle. There were certain people that she spent more time with and others that she had enjoyed spending any time with, both of which she had considered Daisy. She simply had too much of a good heart to ignore, even with her shy demeanor. It was as if the goodness in her heart was contagious to all around, Kahina had thought.

To know that she would be back at Hogwarts with her good friend, enjoying the years from a different perspective, excited Kahina to no end. It was as if their souls were meant to be friends, their life paths bringing them back to the same place again after many years. “Really? That is just so incredible. I’m so happy for you, Daisy,” Kahina grinned widely. “Do you have anything planned for the Claws?” she asked curiously, wondering if the professor would try to put together events to promote house unity or just any event, really. Oh I’m sure they’ll be fantastic! I don’t recall the Ravenclaws ever being terribly out of hand,” Kahina shrugged, trying to remember from when they were in that house. “They’re going to love you, I’m sure,” she smiled confidently, encouragingly to her friend.

“A lot of seers, I have found, will state that they have…seen it all, more or less…when they’re in their seventies. This causes them to hold the belief that anyone younger than them hasn’t yet excelled in who they are. It’s a load of rubbish, in my opinion. They’re all a bit batty, it seems. I suppose when I’m that age, I might be a bit batty as well,” she laughed.