Under My Skin

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 25, 2015 17:39:46 GMT -5

Daisy was absolutely delighted that her friend was excited for her. She recalled the times her and Kahina had spent in their dorm room and how Daisy would always tell her of wanting to be a professor. Of course, at the time, she had no idea what she wanted to teach. It did become rather evident quickly that the woman had sort of a niche for arithmancy, so she decided to pursue that. Becoming an arithmancy professor was exciting enough for her, but to become the head of house was just an honor in her mind. To her, it meant that McGonagall had thought she embodied what a Ravenclaw should be, and that was really all Daisy could hope for. She loved being a Ravenclaw and everything about the house.

“I don’t have anything planned yet. It all happened so fast that it hasn’t even fully sunk in,”
she paused trying to see if any ideas could come to her quickly, but she couldn’t think that fast. “Plus, it will be hard with all of the end of the year stuff coming up. But next year, definitely! Oh, and if you ever want to help or have an idea, please feel free to let me know. I know you are just the epitome of a Ravenclaw, and you have always been a bit more social than I am, so I have no doubts you would have some good ideas,” Daisy said with a smile. In their years as students, Kahina had always been a big Ravenclaw supporter and was very involved in social events and activities. Her friend, no doubt, could recall some of the more fun things she had done in her time at Hogwarts.

The seer reassured her friend that the Ravenclaws should be fairly manageable and that Daisy would do well with them. A part of the woman wanted to agree with her friend, but she also needed to think realistically how she would handle a troublesome student. Usually, there was always more than meets the eye and a student wouldn’t just act out of pure maliciousness, right? No, there couldn’t be, so responding with empathy would always be her first route. If anyone knew what it was like to be frustrated, it was Daisy. Merlin knows how she at times hated everything simply because she felt like she was never good enough. If that failed to work, then at least she could say she tried. “Well thank you for your encouragement. You’re right. I don’t think it will be too bad. Plus, if it gets too bad, McGonagall is there.” She would hate to have to resort to that too. It seemed in every stage of her life she would grow dependent on McGonagall.

As Kahina shared that the seers in their seventies seemed to act like they had seen everything, Daisy smirked. “People of that age regardless if they are seers or not seem to always think they know everything just because they have lived forever. Which I mean, I am sure they have seen a lot, but just once, I would like to see an older person admit that they don’t know everything.” If there was one thing Daisy didn’t like, it was arrogance. She believed one could and should always learn something new. “Don’t say that, Kahina. You’re too sweet to ever be like that in your old age.”

The arithmancy professor looked back into her empty teacup at the empty tea bag that sat in there, and a thought occurred to her. “So Kahina, how does it work? Like what all can you see? Could you see something about me?” Daisy believed in divination and the power of seeing. In fact, with her love of math and astronomy, she actually had taken a bit of interest in astrology. Although, she knew without a shadow of a doubt that a professional seer would be way more accurate than the silly horoscopes that were often posted.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 28, 2015 19:27:43 GMT -5

Even though the year was almost over, Kahina was so excited for the end of the school year, happy for the graduating class and the future that they were joining. Even if she hadn’t had the opportunity to see them grow into the young men and women that they had, she was proud to see them progress further. It was so exciting to Kahina to be able to one day see the first years of today to be graduating in a few years’ time. Time certainly did fly and she was certain that the kids would not be expecting it to go by that fast. She certainly hadn’t been expecting it when she was a first year, feeling as if her years at Hogwarts had gone so fast that it was easy to have become a blur. Now, she and Daisy were a part of something, being inspirations to the children and hopefully guiding them in the way that they should go, a wonderful burden to carry.

“Right, it would be. I remember starting to study for exams back in January, so concerned I would actually fail and be a disgrace to Ravenclaw in some fashion. Then, come the exam, and it turns out I studied way more material than necessary,” she laughed shaking her head in amusement. “So I suppose any activities this close to the end of the year would be poorly attended. Epitome of a Ravenclaw? You always were the sweetest!” Kahina continued, laughing lightly. “If I come up with any ideas, you’ll be the first to know, most certainly.” Activities really were the best way to get some of the Ravenclaws out of their shells, forcing fun on them until they would enjoy themselves. Kahina was absolutely certain that Daisy would be able to help draw them out of their shells, having such an intense heart, full of so much love.

Kahina nodded eagerly in agreement about the Headmistress. “I’m sure she’ll always be available if needed,” she stated. “But she’s confident in you, and I’m confident in you, so I think you’ll be able to manage more than you think,” the brunette stated, smiling at her friend. It seemed like she was a bit uncertain, but Kahina had absolutely so much faith in her ability, knowing that the Headmistress made a wonderful decision.

“Very true, indeed. It seems to happen across the board with older adults thinking that they have seen everything under the sun. I’d like to think we aren’t all completely useless until we’re in the seventies. Maybe that’s my Claw speaking, but I’d like to think we aren’t all complete dunces,” she chuckled. Kahina took a small sip of her tea while she listened to her friend’s next comment, a smile spreading across her features. “I could try,” she stated slowly. “Not all visions come when I want it to. I could read the cards for you, and look at tea leaves, but it’s typically only generic information, and not a specific event. Kind of like…anticipating large events in your life, but not the little events that cause it. My visions that come with seer-ing will include more specific events, but that’s what I can’t control completely. They have triggers, like large events that the universe shouldn’t ignore, or a very passionate individual,” she explained. “Would you like me to read your cards sometime? That would be so exciting! If not, I totally understand,” she stated quickly, her eyes lighting up in excitement. Not everyone liked their future to be told, so she would respect that, but she did love the opportunity.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 13, 2015 13:07:42 GMT -5

The end of the school year was coming quickly, and with it, it brought an event that Daisy was dreading: the end of the year ball. In her time as a student, she had always been able to avoid it without question. However, now that she was a professor and the head of the house, her attendance would more than likely be mandatory unless she was near death or some family emergency came up. Not that she would ever hear of a family emergency. Her relationship with her family had always been rocky, but it had all but been destroyed when she left to study arithmancy abroad. While recently, there had been attempts, things were still awkward as ever.

“I always knew you were the more studious one.”
Sure the witch had worked hard and studied hard in school, particularly in transfiguration, but without much of a social life, she had isolated herself a lot into just consistently studying so much that she really didn’t feel like she needed to study very hard for exams. This usually resulted in her not studying specifically for exams until a few weeks before they were to take place. In comparison to herself, Kahina certainly was the model Ravenclaw. Of course, her friend would be modest and never admit it, but she was glad the seer had agreed to let her know of any ideas she may have for Ravenclaw events. Really, it would be rather helpful. “Good. I need the assistance. You know social things were never my strong point.”

One of the most wonderful things about Kahina was her genuine heart. She always seemed to be showing such compassion and encouragement to people. In fact, Daisy greatly appreciated her rather friendly demeanor. If it wasn’t for Kahina, perhaps Daisy would have had no friends her whole time in school. The head of house saw her friend as invaluable and was glad they stayed in touch throughout all of the years since graduation. After all this time, the witch seemed to carry that same personality. “Thanks. Let’s hope you are right.”

As Daisy listened, she thought about some of the older adults she knew and had to agree that not all of them were bad. “I suppose you are right. McGonagall has always been pretty great.” Daisy knew she pretty much had an undying loyalty to the woman after the help she had been in her younger years. The divination professor continued on and explained her powers. It sounded difficult to be able to only receive visions at certain times. It probably would have been wonderful to get them at convenient moments, but what fun would that be? She glanced down at the empty tea bag wondering if now would even be possible to have some things read, but then Kahina offered to read her cards. “Really? I would love that! I think it would be so cool! When could we do such a thing?” The witch secretly hoped now, but knew that maybe she was just being too excited.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 21, 2015 15:08:21 GMT -5

Kahina briefly wondered what it was that she would be doing over the summer months since they were quickly approaching. She wondered if perhaps she should try to make plans for the first time in her life, or if she should just see where the summer takes her. No, she would absolutely make plans, especially with Daisy. Perhaps she could convince her to go to a random country that neither women have been to and explore all of the wonderful sites. The more that Kahina thought about it, the more enticing of an idea that it sounded, making her want to leave right then. She supposed they had to at least finish school first before embarking on any kind of adventure, though time was certainly getting away from them with each passing day. She certainly hoped that Daisy would be up to a bit of an adventure, getting lost in the way of man.

The brunette laughed at her friend’s comment, shrugging guiltily. “I just needed to set more time aside for studying seeing as I got distracted nearly every half hour,” she laughed. Trying to sit down and study material for too long had been tiring, and boring. She would much rather spend time with friends, but studying was also important to her. It was because of this that she would schedule way more time than necessary in order to do a bit of studying. “I will be the best assistant you could ever dream of; your wish is my command,” Kahina grinned to her old roommate. “You will be a social butterfly yet,” Kahina added on with a feigned salute. Already, she was excited for the events that they would plan out together, hopeful that the students would enjoy them.

Kahina’s eyes brightened excitedly as Daisy agreed, happy that her friend wasn’t shying away from the potential knowledge that Kahina would make her aware of. It was tempting for Kahina to simply leave the shop right then to go read her cards, but she supposed she could wait for a more appropriate time, whatever that was supposed to mean. “How about you come by my classroom next Friday around right after dinner? I will be doing a lesson with the cards next Friday and will have everything already set up. Have you ever had your future told other than Divination class back when we were students?” she asked curiously, still bubbling in excitement.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 21, 2015 20:47:39 GMT -5

With the summer months fastly approaching, Daisy was starting to give some serious consideration to what she might do during the holidays. She really didn’t have strong ties to stay in England. Her family and her were and always had been on rocky ground. Maybe she should go somewhere. She debated returning to China. That sounded like it could be fun to revisit old students and mentors there. However, she always had this fear that things would have changed too much for her liking. She didn’t particularly like change or new things.

Kahina spoke and Daisy put her thoughts of traveling to a rest. She gave a slight giggle at her friend’s words. The seer was just a really friendly person and therefore, never seemed to be one that would ever turn down anyone who wanted to talk. The arithmancy professor thought for sure this probably made making time to study difficult, but her fellow Ravenclaw had always managed to pull it off. “I don’t think ‘distracted’ is the right word for you. More like ‘people lover,’” she said with a smile. It was one of Kahina’s best traits, probably one that Daisy loved the most about her. She continued to smile as their conversation continued. “I think I would think of you more as a co-producer of events rather than my assistant,” she stated with a laugh. Her eyes widened when Kahina mentioned her being a social butterfly. “Woah, woah. I don’t know if I am ready to come out of the cocoon just yet, Kahina.”

To say Daisy was ecstatic that her friend agreed to tell her a bit of her future didn’t do justice to how she was really feeling. She was just elated she would get to hear it and see her friend’s power at work. “Yes, that would be great. You know me. I’m not one for having many plans, so my schedule is wide open.” Daisy almost danced in her seat because of the excitement. She thought about her friend’s question. “I don’t think so. I mean, at least I can’t remember a time other than the class. Some of the arithmancers in China liked to pretend they can tell the future with numbers, but I see arithmancy as just guidelines and insight to your personality and what types of choices you make based off of your personality. I don’t think it can actually do what a seer can do.”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 28, 2015 21:26:32 GMT -5

It was incredible, really, that Kahina lucked out so much to get the opportunity to be back at Hogwarts, teaching with one of her favorite housemates. Really, she couldn’t have envisioned this going by any better than it had. She was with her friend and life was going wonderfully. She wasn’t sure how long either of them would be there, but she was certain their friendship would only grow stronger as time passed on. Never was there a sweeter person than this girl, Kahina noted, and she knew she was a terrific asset to the team that Headmistress McGonagall added. Now that Kahina was back, she couldn’t imagine going the summer without seeing her good friend, knowing that they would certainly have to meet up and actually catch up again.

“I’ll take that as a compliment,” she smiled widely. People certainly were just wonderful all around…well, mostly. Some people seemed to be really stressed out, something that Kahina couldn’t really understand. Life wasn’t meant to be stressful, it was meant to be enjoyed…to be celebrated and Kahina would certainly celebrate it whenever she could. “A co-producer? No, I couldn’t take half of the credit when you’ll certainly be doing the most of it,” Kahina waved off, shaking her head. “I’ll be satisfied with assistant,” she nodded, smiling brightly. “Okay, we’ll take it slow. Maybe in another decade, you’ll be a social caterpillar,” she teased playfully.

“I’m so excited! It’s going to be great,” Kahina nodded confidently, truly excited that her friend was interested in this. She had been slightly worried that people would hear that she were a seer and would think she was going bonkers in that belief. “You know, it might be possible for numbers to tell the future. I think I’ve heard whispers of such, but nothing for certain. I wouldn’t doubt anything anymore,” she nodded, wondering if it was time to do a bit more research into the matter. “Guidelines into your personality? Well, now you’re going to have to show me that!”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 2, 2015 22:10:11 GMT -5

Really, there wasn’t anything in the world that Daisy could picture herself doing. Arithmancy was her love, and she really did enjoy learning. Her hope was that she could instill a love for learning in her students and make a subject that some dreaded into something that caught their interest. No, she didn’t see herself leaving her position as arithmancy professor in the near future. In fact, she wasn’t sure if there was anything else she could do besides be an arithmancer. Despite her shy tendencies, Daisy really did like people and had no desire to stay cooped up away from everyone studying numbers and formulas in and out without and human interaction.No, she would be a professor for as long as she possibly could, and she hoped that Kahina would stay as a professor for a while too. Although, she would understand if she couldn’t. The witch’s seeing power probably would put her in a situation where she would be needed somewhere else.

When Kahina spoke, it was really no surprise to Daisy that her friend found the people loving to be a compliment. In truth, a compliment was what she meant it to be. A lot of people would be surprised to know that Daisy herself did like people, just she was nervous around them too. When she found the ones that were fun and allowed her to be herself, like Kahina did, she tended to really enjoy being in their presence. “Well still, I don’t like you just being referred to as an assistant. You’re much more than that.” Daisy laughed at her friend’s comment about how she may be more social in the next decade. “Thanks for giving me some time to spread my wings,” Daisy stated with a smirk. The witch couldn’t resist a good pun.

Daisy had to contain her excitement. Kahina’s joy was very contagious, and Daisy found herself already ecstatic about her cards being read. “I’m really excited too.” She was, however, a little surprised at her friend’s words. It was relieving to hear that numbers may have some insight into the future, but she figured a seer may discredit that way of seeing future events. “That would be wonderful, but I am not going to claim that I know how to do that. Seeing future events is your area of expertise,” she smiled. She nodded when her friend said she would like to learn more about arithmancy being able to tell more about a person. “I would love to! Maybe I can show you when we meet up for card reading. It would be kind of neat to show each other our ‘mad skills,’”

A clock rang out and Daisy realized that the time she had spent with her friend had certainly gone by way too fast. She knew she needed to go as there was an office for her that was just waiting to be set up. The poor witch wished she could stay with her old dorm mate longer, but she knew she needed to be responsible. Plus, it wasn’t like the two wouldn’t see each other again. They already had plans for when they would see each other and of course, they worked together now. “Kahina, I am so sorry, but I am afraid I have to get going. I still have some work to do with setting up my head of house office. It was so great to see you, and I can’t wait to meet up so we can do our card reading and we can share our teaching horror stories,” she joked. She stood and waved her wand to send the dirty tea cup over to a tray for dirty dishes. Daisy then put her wand away and hugged her friend before exiting out the door.

**********************END OF THREAD***********************