I Want Someone To Love
Want that wild, clumsy heart
I want someone to love.
Kick the pedal to the floor
Like we're both on a run.
That's my jam-turn it up
'Cause I gotta let go
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
She hated it. She hated Scotland and its bloody Weather. She hated the castle and its bloody echoing halls. Most of all, she hated that Honeydukes made their chocolate frogs so well that she didn't have any now when she really needed comfort food. There was a storm raging outside, directly overhead, thundering so hard that she could feel the rumbling in her teeth and feel the charge coming off the lightning through the soles of her boots. She wasn't a damned Gryffindor, she hadn't asked for a name like friggin' Calypso in the first place. So why were so many people so bloody confused that she was freaking terrified right now when they passed her hunched up figure in the corridor?! She couldn't move. She was paralysed, stuck sitting on the stone bench she'd been on when it had first started, her bush viper still ensnaring her hand like a gold wristlet since she'd been in the process of reversing his transfiguration for the evening. He was still there, just as cold and unyielding metal. So she didn't even have him to turn to for support.

The fam were probably chilling out somewhere warmer, laughing and making plans for another prank or some shit somewhere else. She didn't resent them for it although she almost wished that she could. She had been the one who had ditched them, wanting to grab an hour on her own to see her little guy and to keep an eye out for Radella to see how things were going with her. But look at where it had gotten her. Scared, trembling, curled in on herself on a bench praying for the sky to stop being such a dirty fighter and to leave the ground and everyone else's senses alone. She couldn't believe that there were some people who actively went looking for storms of this caliber, so loud and colourful that she could still see the lightning behind her shut eyes. It didn't occur to her that the people passing her didn't know she was upset because she still had her mask on, and they couldn't see how close to tears she was right now. What would she give for someone to find her right now or to find a weather spell that would make this clear the fuck off.

Whatever. She grit her teeth, lifting her head to rest her chin on her knees. It was just a storm. Just a storm. It couldn't hurt her, right? Or could it? She didn't know. She had never had the parental guidance that would guide her through experiences like this. This was the sort of thing that she had to sort out on her own. Which was totally fine, it wasn't like Calypso was some sort of cry baby who really needed someone to save her from something as trivial as a bloody rainstorm. And as long as she kept telling herself that then maybe she could move past this, unlock her knees, stand, and go... somewhere. Find Hades and Dionysus, or Dita and Demi... the fam in general. Her peeps who always managed to get her out of her head and distract her enough that she couldn't focus on what the weather was doing. Though really, as far as bitch fits went, the weather was having an absolute humdinger of a scadgie.
"Merlin please send someone to help, I can't feel my ass," she complained pitifully.

573 Words | @erebos | Date: June 2nd 2018 | Location: Hogwarts | Notes: Mask & Jeans
TEMPLATE BY ELIZA @ SP & ADOXOGRAPHy
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 18, 2019 23:40:52 GMT -5

Would you rescue me
when I'm by myself?
When I need your love, if I need your help
Would you rescue me? Huh?
Would you rescue me?
There was something peaceful about stormy nights. Erebos had always loved them. Even as a child, when most his age coward away from the unsteady drumming of thunder and the lightning flashes, he was drawn to them. They were a source of comfort. So many times the light from the electric belts cracking across the sky were the only lights he and Adeline had in their flat. When mum couldn't provide and bills went unpaid, they would cheer as lightning rose up on the edge of the sky. They would pray for it some nights. When Dad would come stumbling drunk through the halls and past their room. They would beg for thunder to drown out the sound of he and mum fighting.

A storm had always meant peace. It would mean his father wasn't home. The man would never drive in a storm. Even the slightest sprinkle and he would stay at the pub until it stopped. Erebos prayed for rain more often than he prayed for sun in those days. If it would rain Dad would stay away. He wouldn't drive home. He wouldn't risk it. Weather though...it was a fickle thing, and it couldn't rain all the time. The night that his father had passed had been crystal clear. Those were the nights that made his stomach churn. Not nights like this with the comforting booms and bright zips of light that drew designs across the sky.

It was a perfect evening for a storm, too. The fam was together plotting as usual-- Summer so near they could practically taste it-- and a particularly loud boom felt as though it would shake the dust off the old stone ceiling. Erebos looked for Calypso. She hated this, he knew that she did. They all knew. But she... She wasn't here? The rest of the group chattered on, only stopping when he pointed out her absense. Everyone had an answer: she had left, or they could have swore she was here. Maybe she was in the bathroom. No she had went downstairs-- to the common room, maybe? 

That hadn't set right with him and he decided that he would go find her. Erebos started to head down toward the dungeons. He hoped she had made it down that far at least. It was probably quieter down there. Much quieter than the enormous boom that echoed through the stone windows of the castle. Erebos could feel the worry set in his face; the storm was getting worse. A pair of fourth years stopped him to tell him about the "Bunny Girl" he hung out with sitting alone in the corridor around the corner. 

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. He didn't think that was a good sign.  Maybe if she was walking around, chatting with someone else, but sitting alone? Erebos had a bit of a pep in his step as he jogged down the hall and rounded the corner to the corridor she was last seen. There were students walking. She wasn't one of them. His dark brown eyes sifted through the little groups of students that spotted the corridor when he finally saw Calypso. She looked as though she had said something-- with the storm raging as it was he figured it was probably a curse to the weather Gods.

"Hey," he called softly as he came up to his friend, the tightly wrapped pretzel in the steam punk mask. It was hard to see her face with it still on but he knew well enough that a Calypso folded up like that was not a happy one. There was a place next to her on the stone bench she had taken to and he plopped down next to her. A few students passing by looked on at them, but he ignored them shooing away their looks with one of his own. She didn't need an audience, no matter how cool her mask looked. Er bumped his shoulder against hers, leaving it there to lean against hers. "Y'know, I tried to call and cancel this. I really did, but this damn cell service in the castle--" he sighed as he shook his head. The smirk that had drawn on his face turned softer as he looked at his masked mate. "You alright?"

@calypso | Outfit | Words: 712
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 26, 2019 15:16:09 GMT -5

I Want Someone To Love
You're the candy that I want
Hangin' on to my arm.
C'mon girl,
Give me sugar
I'll be your lucky charm.
Gettin' close,
Touching skin
We ain't takin' it slow
Oh-oh-oh no-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh!
It wasn't like she held it against her mum for being pretty distant, or her dad. They kept her pockets filled, gave her all the freedom she could ask for, were nice to her friends and accommodating when they stayed over. But she didn't know them. Sure, she knew their names. Their jobs. Yet past that, she couldn't have said the first thing she knew about them. She knew Luna and Rolf much better, even her more distant relation in Isaac, they were the family who had really raised her. But they'd never had her when there had been a storm, when she had made a mess of herself, when she'd scraped her knees. Those had been the times she'd been at home and with two full time working parents who were aloof at best, she had learned how to clean up and look after herself from a young age. It no longer bothered her. She no longer went knocking on their door at night to see them since she hadn't all day, to get a hug or a kiss, to show them her new battle wounds and get the sympathy that she saw her friends getting. She'd show them to Luna next time she saw her, got a hug from whoever was handing them out. It was why she hugged everyone in the Fam; It was her one real source of human contact, something which she innately craved even if she didn't realise it anymore.

Zeph didn't mind the storms if he was inside, but he hated the wind. It robbed him off his hearing and therefore of his bearings and she could completely sympathise. She was so used to being able to roam far and wide and a storm put an end to that immediately. It's loud noise made her flinch and jump and cover her ears, the bright flashes of light closed her eyes and made her hide her face, and the lashing rain felt like tiny cold knives slicing past her arms and face, forcing her head down into her chest. The wind was cutting, and suddenly, she couldn't breathe. Being inside was only marginally better, but it still seemed to her as if a massive, angry dragon was outside, tearing apart the castle walls to get to her. So damn right, she was a scaredy cat when it came to this! She had every right to be. What was she supposed to get out of this? In some regards she wished she had an older brother or someone in her life that was taller, larger, who could fold her into their arms against their chest to block all of this out for her. So the noise was muffled, so the lightning was blocked from her eyes, so the angry dragon couldn't get her. Had she ever been to therapy, she'd have been told she was craving protection, attention, and contact. But she hadn't been. She wasn't screwed up enough for that, right? Exactly. She had this. It was just... just... ecclecticity or whatever. And water. And fast air. ThoughPeopleGotElectrocutedAndDiedInStormsItHadBeenSaidInTheProphet.

Had she been the violent type, then the girls tittering and giggling at her behind their hands as they walked past would have been lamped pretty forcefully. The guys would have been booted in their nethers. As it was, she wasn't, so she would settle for getting their names at a later date and spreading some pretty spiteful stuff about them instead. Revenge was best served cold and merlin she was fucking freezing. Then suddenly a wave of a familiar smelling friend hit her and she tensed slightly, waiting until his shoulder bumped into hers and he slightly leaned into her  before she let out the breath she had been holding. Erebos. She peeked out of her mask at him, swallowing thickly to say hi back, then he was cracking jokes about the weather. It was all very well for him, he actually liked the storms. Then she scoffed. 'Was she okay'? Was she? No.

"Well if I were to put it on a scale of one to Voldemort in terms of bad, I'd say I'm sitting pretty about... Bellatrix Lestrange," she drawled in return, though her voice quavered. Dammit. "I.. I was only t-trying to check on R-Radella, and to-to let Maurice out of his transfigurement... but I... this.. I don't even know where I am right now, Er..." No, she would not cry, these weren't tears, she was not crying.

746 Words | @erebos | Date: June 2nd 2018 | Location: Hogwarts | Notes: Mask & Jeans
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 27, 2019 23:33:00 GMT -5

WOULD YOU RESCUE ME
WHEN I'M BY MYSELF?
WHEN I NEED YOUR LOVE, IF I NEED YOUR HELP
WOULD YOU RESCUE ME? HUH?
WOULD YOU RESCUE ME?
Everyone had something that tripped a trigger in their minds. Zeph, for instance, with his aversion to wind. Dionysus with his horrible fear of failure. By Merlin's beard he'd seen the boy loose his absolute mind over two points on a homework assignment that meant the difference between one grave level or another. Each and every one of them had something and each and every one of them had a reason as to why. For a lot of them the sad truth was that they just...they didn't have the families they were meant to have. There weren't many white picket fences in the lives of those associated with the Ironic Fam. Sure, some of their lives seemed more perfect than others but it was just the way things could look from the outside looking in.

Erebos could remember thinking that Calypso probably had the perfect family. Both of her parents worked, they had money, they paid their bills. He didn't imagine that they had ever spent the night in a women's and children's shelter. When he was young that meant pure happiness. A stable household, both parents; what could possibly be bad about that? As he grew older he knew things weren't always that black or white. He thought that he could probably count on one hand the number of times he had actually seen her parents. Given the fact that he and the fam had crashed there numerous times over the years he thought that was....

It was odd, honestly. While he avoided his house like the plague he very rarely avoided his mum. He would go up and visit her at the salon or at Queen's Revenge. They were close despite the struggles she brought on them. He knew she didn't intend to do it, and in some sick way he rather liked being able to bail her out when she needed him to. He had her back, and Adeline's, and the fam's. That was something he could be proud of, even if the rest of his life was in complete shambles.

Having Calypso's back had steadily been growing more important to him than the rest of them, and he knew why that was. He had spent half the year pretending not to notice that she had started grabbing his attention. It might have been why she was the first person he had searched for when the thunder cracked against the sky. As strong and independent as she was they all had moments that made them feel vulnerable. He wanted to show her that he could be there for her when she felt like that. He wanted to show her that he really did care about her, even if the fact that he cared a little too much was something he would keep to himself.

Erebos' brows creased as she scoffed at him, though through her mask he wasn't sure if it were one of frustration or something else. Calypso rated herself on the scale of Morbid Baddness and he felt his lips purse and downturn into a frown. "Yikes," he let out an sad noise with it. Just hearing the quaver in her voice made him feel heavy. He wanted to help make this better. Erebos waved her to lean into him as he spoke. "Yeah, OK. That's pretty bad." Judging by the ball she had contorted herself into he had already know it was going to be that way. Erebos slipped one arm around her shoulders to wrap her closer, patting his leg with the other hoping she'd maybe unravel her own legs across them. 

"You're right here with me," he soothed, drawing her against him and giving her a gentle squeeze. "And we are.....in a corridor. Innn Hogwarts." His voice stayed light as he moved his gaze down the right and left of the hall. He wasn't entirely sure whereabouts they were either. Though, he imagined if they went two meters one way or the other they'd run into something that looked more specific than just the dark stone walls and grey clouds outside of the windows. "And eventually we can make our way down to the dungeons to do all those things. Alright? When we're at more of a two and less of a Lestrange," he said as his thumb stroked against her arm. He wasn't going to rush her. If he had to wait out the entire storm with her he wouldn't have minded in the least. 

@calypso | Words: 744
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 10, 2019 16:28:57 GMT -5

I Want Someone To Love
I just wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me
Oh, I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody
Maybe it was because her parents were too accommodating that Calypso had a problem with it growing little by little. Sheri was pretty lenient with Zeph but she still very much had him on a leash so she could reign him in when he started to "Go too far". It had taken some time for her to even realise that certain things Zeph did were rebellious or not strictly great behaviour. Her parents had barely chastised her growing up, and her little sister had been fiercely independent pretty much since she was born, so she'd learned the rules early on so it had never happened to her. Detentions were things that Calypso enjoyed getting because it was some of the only guidance and discipline that she ever saw. Damn right she was a rebel, but she was a rebel without a cause. She didn't have anything really to fight for except... except to be seen. Heard. Have someone actually give a shit about her. Probably why she had an almost unhealthy reliance on the fam, even if she never showed it.

Part of her was so confident that they'd find her, it was keeping her mother of all panic attacks at bay. Because she had to believe that someone was going to notice and remember this about  her and come looking. They always had her back just like she always had theirs. Yet there was still a part of her that was doubtful that they would; maybe they'd just decide she'd gone to bed early... or maybe they'd be too preoccupied with whatever they were doing now to even realise she was gone. It was why she smuggled Maurice into Hogwarts every single term, so that she would have some being that needed her, and would therefore pay attention. She kept people in her debt when they asked her for favours because it was a safety net of knowing that at some point she could call on any one of them and she wouldn't be alone anymore. Contingency plans were everything. It was a two part plan, and that was how you knew it was a good one.

Another crashing boom rattled through the walls of the school and she whimpered in spite of herself, scrambling forward when Erebos opened his arms to her and patted his leg. A jolt went through her as if she'd been hit by the lightning that was terrorising the outside of the castle as his arm made it round her shoulder, and she folded her legs over him and tucked her head under his chest, making sure her bunny ears didn't stab him in the jugular or trachea as she did so. Hands folded into his chest, holding onto his clothes as if scared he might evaporate and disappear. She wasn't entirely conscious of what she was going, just that suddenly she felt as if a protective barrier was surrounding her, and for the first time in a long time, Calypso finally felt safe. She'd never had this before. Hadn't been hugged like this since she was little and she'd badly scraped her knees and cracked her jaw from falling out of a tree and her dad had calmed her down. When was the last time her dad had hugged her? When had she finally stopped trying to hug him when she figured out she wasn't getting anywhere?

And he was even speaking to her, the rumble of his voice coming through his chest where her ear was resting so it was caged in by her hair and mask. Honestly, this scared her in a new way. She was still terrified of the storm going on around them, but now she was scared because of how she was starting to feel... around one of her best friends. Why was she blushing? Why was her stomach twisting in entirely different knots that had absolutely nothing to do with anything other than the boy whose lap she was all but sitting in and holding onto for dear life? This was... wrong. Right? It had to be. He was Erebos... one of her best friends... one of The Fam. What was she doing- Why was she feeling like this? 

Maybe it was just the anxiety of the storm and the sudden relief of being found. That made sense. Even so, she bit her lip and tried to control her heartbeat which was still hammering under her black wrapped shirt. 

'Hm... he smells nice. Kinda smoky. In a comforting way. Wait- why the fuck am I sniffing this guy like he's a candle?!'

Clearing her throat and swallowing thickly, she adjust her face so she could continue with her apparent sniffing without him growing suspicious, unconsciously becoming more and more relaxed. But still shaking apparently. And still nauseous with fea- FUCK THAT SOUNDED CLOSE WERE THEY ABOUT TO DIE?!

" 't feels like we're about to be taken out by an imploding wall..." she mumbled against him , pulling her legs closer to herself and tucking in her legs, shifting so she was turned into him and away from the rest of the corridor. "Ten out of ten for your detailed explanation of where w-we are. Feel so much better."

And then suddenly she was crying. Because he was being so nice to her, because he was giving a damn, and doing his best to make her feel better. Her shoulders began to shake and she sniffed audibly to try and dispel the water running into her nose, slickening the inside of her metal mask which was making her breaths and whimpers sound tinny. Metallic. He was talking about sitting with her until this storm was pretty much over... and who the hell knew how long that would be? Why on Earth would he want to do that? For her? They were... they were just friends, and it... it was cold down here, and surely he thought she was just being ridiculous? The squirming in her stomach happened again as he shifted and she moved even closer to him as another rumble echoed through the corridor. She was fine. She was fine. She was going to be just fine.

He was using words like "we". He was going to go back to the common room with her. Maybe they could kit out on the couches for the night? She doubted anyone would seriously have a problem with it. And if they did, she had a panic attack in reserve and no small amounts of nasty jinxes and hexes to boot to scare them away. "Ar-are you s-sure you wanna stick around that l-long?"

1103 Words | @erebos |Date: June 2nd 2018 | Location: Hogwarts | Notes: Mask & Jeans