Familiar Face

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 14, 2015 20:41:13 GMT -5

Parvati always enjoyed a good joke, not so much a prank at least not nowadays but humour was always appreciated by the witch. The only times she never cared for it was perhaps when it came to disciplining their daughter. She usually had to the role of the ‘bad cop’ and Ernie got to save the day as the ‘good cop’. As Anaya got older however, Parvati seemed to relax on the punishments however preferring to see the lighter side to everything. She would have to make it point to possibly take some leave from the ministry during the summer to spend time with her daughter, hopefully that as a possibility with everything now going on.

“You haven’t, not yet , but I haven’t been in here that long there’s still time” she replied arching her brow. “Or was that a hint from you that I should get out while I still can?” the witch still had time on her hands before she had to return to her office, maybe she could stop by pick up some reports and head home to read them. “Of course she is very intelligent” Parvati replied, speaking proudly of her daughter. Anaya always managed to shine in her exam results and throughout the year in fact. She of course knew that her daughter was steadily improving on her street smarts too, something very much needed at Hogwarts. “I’ll do better in my questioning next time George” she replied dryly. “Really? I work for the ministry and you ask if I’m still a bore?” she asked with deadpanned look before she went over to look at a display of extendable ears. 

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 1, 2015 17:33:34 GMT -5

George knew that is old housemate did enjoy some of his jokes in school but he was also notorious for being quite over the top. Those were the times he doubted she was very amused with him granted he never really targeted her or her twin as they were pretty mellow for the most part. It was more fun messing with people that would retaliate and start his own little pranking war though no one was ever able to top he and Fred no matter what they tried. They had far too much experience with terrorizing their parents and siblings to be shown up. He really missed his twin, and often thought back fondly on those memories they had created even though they felt pretty empty those days.

He chuckled lightly as she spoke of leaving while she had time. Most likely he wouldn’t pull a prank on her, at least not now that she would be possibly expecting it to happen. He tended only to torment those he had been extremely close to like Harry. ”You can leave if you’re scared. That’s understandable.” He replied to his friend with an arched eyebrow and amusement clearly shown on his face. ”I have no clue where she got her brains from. Her parents certainly aren’t all that bright.” He joked with a laugh. He never paid much attention to grades back in their school days and he honestly had no idea of what her intelligence would be, though he was willing to bet she was quite smart. He rolled his eyes at her next response before shaking his head. ”I’m trying to make conversation and you are boring the hell out of me. So fair enough.” He teased lightly.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 5, 2015 0:56:13 GMT -5

The didn’t mind the odd joke here and there, it made life a little bit more bearable if not anything else. She had to thank George for his jokes back when they were in school and remembered fondly what he and Fred used to get up to back at Hogwarts. Their pranks really had been the work of geniuses and she was glad to see George continuing on that tradition even if it came at the expense of the Hogwarts Professors of today or the parents of this generation. She had yet to receive any letters from any professor yet about Anaya’s behaviour, so that was reassuring, for the time being anyway.

Parvati could have retorted about being brave for having been sorted into Gryffindor but decided against it, it sounded so cliché. “I’m not scared George, I’ve come across worse” she smiled lightly referring to the battle and to her work. Really even after working with spirits for so long she should be used to it but some cases still gave her chills. Parvati knew George was joking, she couldn’t see him pulling any pranks or her but she keep an eye out still. “who knows maybe intelligence skipped a generation in mine and Ernie’s family and Anaya got it “ she shrugged, smirking. “Oh I know how boring I can be, my daughter likes to remind me on occasion” the witch chuckled. She looked at her watch realising more time had passed than she thought. “Speaking of boring I better head back to my office. It was nice to see you again George” she smiled making a mental note to tell Anaya of George’s new product.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 31, 2015 20:20:47 GMT -5

It was always a little uncomfortable for George to talk about the battle or even reference it. Of course he still made small jokes here and there about it, but he did stay away from it for the most part. No one had noticed and he never looked despondent about anything or the mention of it even though he still had yet to get over his twin’s death. It had been seventeen years and it was still fresh in his mind no matter what he did or how busy he made himself. It was always nice to see friends from the older days but it was also a reminder of just how much time had passed and now that they were older it felt like they were going to have to repeat history over again.

”True enough.” He responded with a grin. They had all been through hell and back. ”But I doubt you can still handle me after all these years.” He joked with a chuckle. He never really believed his housemate was dense, but he sure as hell felt like her husband was. Maybe it was just because he was just an annoying asshat back in the day. ”Well she is definitely a wise one.” He began before smirking. ”Further proof that she is the smart one… damn boring parents.” He joked before glancing up at his office as his friend spoke of going back to work. ”You go have fun. Tell Anaya I expect to see her over the summer.” He said with a grin before turning to make his way back to his office.

(((you can probably close this out Tyra!)))
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 2, 2015 5:57:02 GMT -5

In all her years of knowing the wizard before her, Parvati rarely saw his cheerful personality drop, sure it had wavered when he had suffered immense hardship but he had picked up it up again and for that not only was the witch glad but she also admired him very much. She knew he was well aware of what was going on where Durant was concerned and it bothered her greatly that she and her friend were put under the same watchful eye of the minister just because other purebloods had decided to follow some radical beliefs many years ago. However she wasn’t going to dwell where that was concerned, especially not while she stood in a shop that brought on so much fun for all.

She nodded at his response before arching her brow and looking over at him, trying to work out if he was being serious or not. But she had learnt to be prepared for either result where the wizard was concerned. “Honestly, I’ll admit I’ve lost my game where being prepared for you is concerned George” she smiled and nodded. Of course she was brave enough to acknowledge that. Parvati knew just how smart her daughter had been, that was evident from her years at primary school and she had also developed street smarts now that she had just finished her second year at Hogwarts. “Yes, it’s any wonder that with her intelligence she still spends big here” she joked. “Of course I’ll have fun, some ghosts can be more fun than people and I’ll be sure to tell her. Goodbye George it was nice seeing you again” the witch smiled at her friend before she turned and headed out the door.

*END OF THREAD*