Familiar Face

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 5, 2015 7:27:35 GMT -5

She often wondered why she didn’t come in her more often, she of course knew the Weasleys but even that or having her own child never prompted her to visit this shop more often. It did after all have some wonderful products even if most of them were prank related, not that Parvait partook in any pranks nowadays but it was always nice to imagine where she could use some of the products. Like the nose biting teacups,  though she wouldn't mind setting one or two of these on some of the people at the ministry. She chuckled to herself as she moved onto looking at the Reusable Hangman. Anaya would like that Parvati thought to herself as she looked around wondering if the owner was around, she’d love to catch up with him. It was her lunch break after all and she had time to kill.

Parvati wondered how George really was doing, she hadn't really caught with any of her friends from school lately and was regretting not making it point to catch up more often. But pushing those thoughts aside, she was going to change that. Luckily work for her at the moment wasn’t busy, it was fairly relaxed. Spirits didn’t need to much management nowadays and they weren't causing any trouble. She did have the occasional report to file but nothing to extraordinary.

Ahead of her she saw the familiar face of the red-headed owner. Parvati made her way over with a broad smile on her face. “@george, Hello, how’s things?” she asked her former house mate and fellow member of Dumbledore’s Army.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 7, 2015 11:24:14 GMT -5

It had been an excellent week both in business and in general for George. Only a few days before had he finally gotten to see his honorary brother Harry. It had been long overdue for them to catch up. Even though their Order of the Phoenix days were over, it still felt like something worse was brewing. George had been working harder on his Defense objects, trying to figure out some other things that would be useful to enchant with shield harm. Although now he was tossing around the idea of finding a way to incorporate pyrotechnics into the objects to also give them an offensive edge. It was a little off-putting that his defense line was starting to sell more than usual, but he tried to brush it off. With summer fast approaching his other sales were starting to pick up as he had continued to mail-order products. He could only imagine how many siblings and parents would fall victim to his products during the following few months.

He laughed to himself as he walked over to take inventory over his skiving snackboxes. Now that school would be out soon he wouldn’t need to have as many on hand as he usually did. Granted, in July and August he would have to start building up his stock for the beginning of school. George looked over his shoulder as he heard someone call his name. He hadn’t even heard the door open. ”Well well… isn’t this a pleasant surprise! I’m doing splendid.” He said in an exaggerated pompous voice. ”What brings you in today—Padma?” He asked with a chuckle knowing which one she was just by subtle little things. He was her housemate for quite a few years, but couldn’t help pulling her leg a bit.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 10, 2015 6:28:43 GMT -5

She was glad to see the store’s owner in good spirits. Not that she had expected anything less. But she knew that people were still very cautious about things and were always going to be sceptical if the wizarding world would ever be trouble free again. She of course attributed George’s happy demeanour to where he worked. It was a bright and cheerful space with some fun and exciting products. How anyone could not be happy in here, Parvati wondered to herself as she smiled back at him. She of course could tell that he was taking the mickey out of her by calling her twin’s name. Being in the same house with her for five years, George would have been able to tell the differences. To anyone who had spent an extensive amount of time with either herself or her twin, they would have been rather obvious. “Really after all this time and you still can’t tell the difference” Parvati shook her head, feigning offence. “But I suppose I’m partly to blame for that since I rarely come in here” she added as her expression changed to a warm smile.

“I was coming by to see if you had any new products in store, I’m sure my daughter would probably want to test them out when school finishes for the summer” she informed him. Of course Ernie was perfectly fine with Anaya testing out pranks during the school year, whereas Parvati much preferred if their daughter got it all out of her system during the summer holidays. “Also I just wanted to stop by and say ‘hello’” she told her fellow former Gryffindor.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 19, 2015 9:23:26 GMT -5

George crossed his arms with another chuckle leaning against the nearest wall as she spoke. ”There’s a difference?” He said scratching his head absently in mock confusion before grinning. ”What is that all about? Can’t come bloody visit anyone on a regular basis? I’m offended. I see your spawn far more often than you.” His grin turned into a sly smile knowing that the young girl was often in the shop during holidays away from the castle making purchase. As with all of his other friends with kids he liked to send the little ankle biters some fun gift packages throughout the school year as well. He had grown slightly as he didn’t send anything too damaging but a portable swamp or two never hurt anyone.

”Why wait until summer? I forgot you’re the not fun twin..” He teased pushing himself off of the wall before walking over to a new display he had been working on earlier that day. It wasn’t much as of yet but artwork of ridiculous laughing faces and explosions in the background. ”I’m working on doing a cross between muggle laughing gas and smoke bombs… “ He said his eyes sparkling mischievously. It really had been too long since they’d seen each other, well since he really caught up with anyone. ”So how are you and your prat of a husband doing?” He asking with a laugh, thankful for a bit of a break. As of late in seemed like the only visitors that wanted to talk to him at length had an agenda that dealt with his blood status instead of his shop. It felt like absolutely no one was safe those days. It especially worried him because of so many of his friends being of the same status including the friend before him currently.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 20, 2015 21:11:14 GMT -5

With a roll of her eyes Parvati spoke, ever the joke this Weasley was. “Funnily enough, yes, however if we were the same person, our days at Hogwarts would have a hell of a lot more fun” the witch grinned. Though despite all that was going on during their days at Hogwarts, they did still managed some amount of fun. “You’re offended? Well I am sorry about that George but if you’re ever in need of company you can come visit me” she laughed, knowing full well he wouldn’t step foot inside the ministry. Hell some days she didn’t even want to be there. If only working remotely was possible like in the Muggle World. Catching the smile that graced George’s face, she narrowed her eyes ever so slightly. She was sure that he had been happily supplying her daughter with more pranks than she was aware of. “Anaya has mentioned her frequent visits to this place, you’ll be seeing her in a few weeks’ time no doubt, and what the heck is that smile for mister?”she sked him seriously. But she knew he would stay true to his character and not divulge such information. It would just give her more reason to question her daughter when she saw her in June.

Shaking her head at his joke of an accusation, Parvati followed him. “Excuse me, I’m plenty fun you’re just not around to witness it” she shrugged as she looked at the display before him. It really was very colourful but nothing less than she expected from him. She knew what laughing gas did and what the effect of smoke bombs were. Putting them together she could only imagine how much fun anyone could have with such a product.  “I see no doubt that will keep all the households entertained over summer” she chuckled seeing the glint in his eyes. Parvati, laughed at his question, yes Ernie was a prat at times but he was her prat. “Ernie is good thanks, how come no woman has tied you down yet?” she asked teasingly.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 25, 2015 12:26:34 GMT -5

George laughed loudly at his old friend’s offer for him to come visit her at work. He couldn’t be paid enough to willingly set foot in the Ministry unless absolutely necessary. He did find himself worry about all of those he cared about working there, especially those friends like Parvati who were purebloods. Granted he would never say these words out loud as that just wasn’t something he did. He liked to pretend everything was okay and keep his cheery albeit mischievous personality. Gods knew everyone needed a bit more laughter and fun in their lives before Durant took that from them too. It would only be a matter of time. ”There’s your sense of humor!” He said still chuckling loudly. ”How are things going there anyway?” He asked trying to keep his voice light and free of worry. The moment George showed he was worried he knew it would show just how serious things were becoming.

The red head shook his head in amusement. ”Is a bloke not allowed to smile these days without someone thinking he has an agenda?! Honestly woman you really are a kill joy.” He made an exaggerated frowning face crossing his arms. ”Better?” He asked seriously before another smile crept across his face. He nodded his smile widening as she mentioned keeping households entertained over the summer. ”Of course.” He agreed with another chuckle before raising an eyebrow at his friend. He wasn’t exactly sure why he remained single. It may have been that he hadn’t found the right girl, or just that he really wasn’t marriage material. He never put much stock in the thought as his business and the current events were constantly on his mind leaving little room for anything else. ”Like any woman could handle all of this.” He said gesturing to himself with a smirk.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 31, 2015 6:31:20 GMT -5

It was refreshing to actually hear someone laugh, and that too a good hearty laugh, not some nervous kind of laugh. With things how they were it was a rare sound here, however in this store it was impossible not to laugh. That was easily achieved no matter if you were person pulling off the prank of the (mis)fortunate recipient. Parvati was pretty much guaranteed a 100% that George would never stop into the ministry, maybe if there was a dire need for it but then that wasn’t even a certainty. “It was bound to shine through at some point” she shrugged at him but with a smile never wavering. With things how they were, Parvati found rare opportunities to be funny, other than when she was at home with her family. “With how the minister is acting everyone is just on alert. But if you don’t mind I’d rather not discuss that now” she requested of him. Since they were both purebloods who knew what anyone would think if they caught them talking, even if the topics were completely light-hearted.

Parvait arched her brow and looked at him incredulously. She relaxed her expression and rolled her eyes before shifting her weight from leg to the other. “Oh don’t lie George I’m definitely not a kill joy. And for how long I’ve known you, I wouldn’t put it past you to have some hidden agenda, especially given that my daughter is a frequent visitor here” she told him as she looked around the bright and cheerful space that was his shop. She of course wasn’t about to tell him that she would rather Anaya pull off all the pranks she wanted at home rather than at school. If George knew that , he would surely have a field day with that. “Hmm…..possibly” she smirked as he temporarily changed his expression. “In that case, are you going to explain to me how this new product of yours works?” she asked, since she would need to know if there was some way to counter its effects if her daughter decide to use it when she came home. Parvati laughed at his answer before speaking. “Well if ever one manages to tame you I’ll be sure to give her a trophy “ she smiled slyly

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 4, 2015 13:49:30 GMT -5

George smiled widely at his friend. He did need to make it a point to get out more instead of just hanging around the shop and at home. He hadn’t been out in quite some time though he wasn’t sure if it was because of all of the pureblood nonsense or that he had just been terribly busy with his business to be able to do it. He chuckled lightly at her shrug. He had always liked her no matter how much he used to poke fun at her. He paused for a moment a brief look of seriousness coming over his face as she said she would rather not discuss how things were going. This probably wasn’t the best time to talk about these things he supposed.

He shook it off quickly chuckling lightly. ”Oi, but now I’m older and much more refined.” He said popping his collar and putting his nose in the air before laughing again. ”Honestly, I’d never give Anaya anything that could get her in serious trouble… over the school year.” He smirked knowing that so many of his former classmates would have to deal with his products for the rest of their lives. He shook his head at his old friend crossing his arms over his chest. ”Nope.” He said with a sly smile as she asked if he was going to explain how the new product worked. ”I’m sure you and the prat will figure it out first hand by the end of summer.” He added with another light laugh. Whatever woman was willing to deal with him probably would deserve a bloody trophy. He wasn’t the easiest person to handle, especially romantically. ”It better be a big bloody trophy.” He agreed with a grin.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 6, 2015 8:21:32 GMT -5

The ministry worked didn’t blame the red haired wizard, if she didn’t work there she probably wouldn’t step into the place either and she probably wouldn’t want her husband working there either. but the place had been the most convenient place to work for her when he daughter started primary school and she did enjoy what she did work. Her smile changed to an amused one following George’s laugh. Unlike him she didn’t have a sense of humour that came on with the turn of a tap. The witch looked around George when he looked behind him specifically at the entrance to his shop. Even joke shops were off limits to any such ‘spies’ the ministry might have out.

Oh yes you’re very refined nowadays Weasley, so much so it just heightens my suspicions” she laughed. She supposed that his sneaky tactics and pranks had only improved with age much like any good Firewhiskey. “I hope so, I haven’t been told of her getting to trouble for pulling off something of that scale” Yet…she added in her head. But she really hoped it never came to that. She had no idea how she would react if Anaya ever pulled off a massive prank, despite what Parvati had done during her time at Hogwarts. Parvati rolled her eyes when he refused to explain how his latest invention worked. Typical . “I should have seen that coming” which, really was a failure for someone who had rather good divination powers. “Ernie will love it when I tell him that” she said shaking her head. “That’s what Engorgio is for” she smirked when George spoke about the size of the trophy.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 11, 2015 9:06:44 GMT -5

George looked around his shop making a mental inventory of everything that needed to be done and products that needed to be tweaked as she spoke. It was difficult not to do it with summer so close. It was just difficult doing everything on his own. He debated on maybe putting an ad on the paper for summer work to the younger crowd. They could be a good asset to have things seen from younger eyes and minds. Who better to help him than those who used his products on a regular basis? Yes, he would definitely put an ad out in the morning.

”I haven’t pranked you yet have I? I say that’s pretty bloody refined.” He said with a chuckle. Poor Harry typically got the brunt of his product testing between his stops into the shop and his children’s inherited love of all things funny and destructive. ”Anaya is a smart girl, I don’t ever worry about her getting herself in trouble with my products. Either that or she is bloody lucky.” He added. She was a good kid and he did like having her around the shop. ”You should know better than to ask me questions like that.” He said with another chuckle as he turned to straighten a display nearby. ”So anything interesting to report on, or are you still as boring as I remember?” He asked with a crooked grin as he looked over his shoulder at his old friend.