Assistant Director of The Rising Phoenix Project
Vice President of the Board of Directors for The Rising Phoenix Project

Wandless
Order of the Phoenix
played by Morgan
"So I can stand tall in a storm like a live oak tree."
options

Post by Hermione Jean Potter on Jul 4, 2015 2:43:38 GMT -5

It was interesting to catch up with Parvati, as it had certainly been a while since she had seen the woman. Hermione knew that they’d certainly had their occasional differences back at Hogwarts, but she supposed that was to be expected from being around the same people day in and day out. But that also made it relatively impossible to come out of that without being friends with the students in her house and in her year as well. There were very few people that she wouldn’t enjoy running into and catching up with and most all of them would be former Slytherins, obviously. Hermione didn’t like to follow the stereotypes, as not all Slytherins were bad, a fact that she knew well. But it just seemed like the ones in her year certainly had continued down the wrong path if she had any guess as to what they’d been up to. She’d had hope for Malfoy for a while, but she no longer knew what to think about him or the family anyhow. Harry had tried to help them out and she was unsure if they had stopped being grateful for that and went back to their old ways. It wasn’t as though Harry ever made them feel like shit for assisting them, but they were a proud family, after all. A smile widened across her face at her former dormmate’s comment, as she lifted a shoulder in a light shrug. “That would be quite the argument,” she said, still smiling. “Hufflepuffs were always underestimated in my opinion.” Hermione added, brightly. She found the house to be full of incredibly loyal and good friends, though once again she could admit that the stereotypes weren’t always true. There were good and bad eggs in every house.

“Oh, yes. It’s more than good. The summer’s are never dull, and I couldn’t ask for more than that,” she agreed, nodding. Spending time at the Burrow over the summer was always enjoyable, since the Weasleys were one of her favorite families, and they certainly were family to her at this point. Quidditch might not be her cup of tea, but watching them play could always be amusing. “Exactly. I’m always surprised when a game goes by without serious injury,” she stated, shaking her head at the thought. From all of the professional games that she’d been to over the years, it seemed like any one of them could end with dozens of injuries though there were normally only a few. “Planes,” she verified, with a smile. Apparating was certainly faster than a plane, and she actually could not recall the last time she had traveled by one. “I’m sure you’ll have fun regardless.” Hermione added, knowing that Spain was just a beautiful place to visit.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 14, 2015 7:27:56 GMT -5

This evening Parvati could say had turned out for the better, not that she mined drinking alone but it was always nicer to drink with a friend especially one that she didn’t get to see very often due to them having their own commitments. And after spending time together for seven years and after what they had both seen it was nice to reconnect even amid the current situation of things, even if it had only been for an hour or two. Taking a sip of her drink the spirit division employee looked around and saw that the pub was well and truly packed by now. And rightly so, a lot of people were on edge these days so they of course consumed a fair bit to cope or perhaps they just liked alcohol; that was their choice. Hermione’s response was not surprising to Parvati, her friend did play down her strengths and that’s one was thing she liked about the woman. Of course it would amuse her to no end seeing her husband and Hermione argue over anything. “Oh don’t I know it, certainly when Ernie and I started dating I discovered that very soon” she told Hermione with a smirk playing on her lips. The expression however didn’t stay long as she took another sip of drink. “But then again we both know that stereotypes are rarely followed with regards to Hogwarts houses” she remarked as her eyes shifted slightly to her purse, noting that she should probably be on her way.

Exactly, I’m sure Anaya will get to King’s cross full or ideas of how to occupy her summer” Parvati smiled genuinely knowing there was a high possibility of that occurring. “And plus nothing better than spending the summer with friends and family, right?” she added happily. “I guess we can be thankful for that then” she said in response to Hermione’s comment about games in which no serious accidents take place. Really any injuries sustained in Quidditch could only be seen to with the help of Magical medical methods. “Oh no doubt we’ll have fun, Listen Hermione I just realised what the time was, I hope I haven’t kept you from anywhere, it was lovely to see you again. Hope we see each other again soon” Parvati smiled as she stood up and paid for her drinks and collected her things gave Hermione a quick hug and headed home.

***END OF THREAD***