In Need of a Cold One

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 6, 2015 17:36:44 GMT -5

With everything recently going on, Benjamin found that he really just needed a personal break from it all, trying to clear his head. After his surprise conversation with the Minister, the stalker case with his girlfriend, and the wizarding world being on the break of a building war, he seemed to be having a growing plate. Of course, it definitely didn’t help that he had to constantly be on the lookout that he might be found out to have been a past Death Eater, knowing that that situation would not go over smoothly at all. No one now, except his siblings, knew what he was and what he did, and he hadn’t seen his siblings in years. Benjamin could only hope that things would come together soon and that he was wrong about the upcoming battle, though, he really doubted it.

Sighing, the older bloke made his way into the familiar pub, glancing around briefly before he took a seat at the bar. Running a stressed hand through his hair, he waited for the bartender before placing his order. Luckily for him, the musty shop was rather empty, much to his relief. It seemed like too much time had passed since he had a proper night’s rest and it was really starting to catch up with him. Though, this was nothing a drink couldn’t solve, the Scottish lad thought to himself, going back to his roots.

@berlin

((OOC: I don't mind if you want to play it as if they are already friends or whatever! Or they can be strangers, whichever is fine!!))

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 10, 2015 17:36:33 GMT -5

Berlin bust in through the doors, his cheeks rosier than normal. He hadn't been drinking.  Well, he wasn't drunk, but the rosiness wasn't because of alcohol.  Instead, he had just finished his latest creation and there was nothing more satisfying that rolling up the keg, ready to serve.  Sure, maybe a whole keg was a bit optimistic - after all, no one else had tried it before - but Berlin had been guzzling the stuff down for long enough, that he was confident in his taste buds.  He stepped out into the bar, eager to find a willing patron and his eyes immediately fell on the chap scooted up to the bar.

"Oy!" Berlin shouted and waved as he came over.  "Today's ur lucky night!  Wanna free beer?  Of course you do!  It's free.  It's beer!  I've got me test batch ready to smack dos lips and you can have a full glass, free of charge.  So wadaya say?"  He flashed a big, goofy, grin.

(I don't know what OCC means, but I want to build Berlin from the ground up.  If there's any back story with any character, I want to develop it beforehand before RPing.)
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 12, 2015 20:52:17 GMT -5

Benjamin quirked his eyebrow slightly at the man that came through the doors, noting his rosy cheeks and…excited demeanor. Perhaps the bartender would be entertaining enough to distract his thoughts from everything going on. “The words ‘free’ and ‘beer’ in the same sentence are music to my ears,” Benjamin smirked. Drinking had been something that he had started young, coming from a family that was heavy into the liquid. It wasn’t that he preferred to get drunk. Rather, he preferred to remember his nights and not be puking the next day. However, he did enjoy the flavor and he did find it relaxing. It helped that he had developed a high tolerance of the drink, able to consume more.

“I’ll be a tough critic though,” Benjamin warned the bloke, having tasted many types of alcohol in his short lifetime. “Is there a name for it?” he wondered, slightly anxious to try this new beer that the bartender was so excited about.

((OOC: haha sorry, OOC =Out of Character. Don’t worry. I literally just started learning all of these terms in like…November haha))
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 16, 2015 11:33:48 GMT -5

"Excellent!" Berlin shouted and disappeared behind the bar again. He grabbed his tallest glass of beer and, with a large smile across his face, poured out the amber liquid from the tap into the glass. It immediately frosted - the perfect temperature for his drink. He bolted out into the bar again, careful not to spill any of his creation, and slid it across the bar, stopping perfectly in front of the patron.

"Of course it's got a name!" Berlin said. "I'm an artist, I am, and what self-respecting artist doesn't name his babe?"

Berlin pulled the bottle of Gypsy Tears from the display behind him and dropped a swig into the amber glass. Then he pulled a match from the pocket of his apron, lit it using the rough side of his face, and pressed it against the beer. It immediately burst into a golden-red flame.

Berlin stepped back, his eyes glistening. "I call er Fire-Spiced Ale!"
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 17, 2015 16:45:04 GMT -5

Already, Benjamin found himself nearing a better mood, thankful that he had come after all. Even though his plate seemed to be getting loaded with task after task, he needed a break to step back and examine the possible direction he could be taking in each of the issues. He loved being the Head of Aurors as it forced him to constantly stay busy, however, it was really difficult to be the Head of Auror with a Minister who wanted a hand in every bloody decision that was being made. That Minister was really up to no good and he had hoped the general public would have seen that by now. Unfortunately, that was not the case, and Benjamin still had to follow that twit’s direction, for the most part.

Benjamin watched as the man disappeared, staring blankly at the countertop until the man returned with a glass of the new substance. Lifting his hand up, he captured the glass and looked at it for a brief moment, examining it. “My mistake,” Benjamin grinned, waiting to hear what the name of the new creation was before tasting it. His eyebrow quirked as he watched the bartender take out a match, lighting it and then pressing it against the beer. A beautiful golden-red flame burst forth, allowing the room to light up from it. “Well, I’ll be damned,” Benjamin stated in disbelief. “An artist you are,” he said, looking down at the drink. “Fire-spiced ale definitely suits it. Made any other drinks?”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 24, 2015 20:52:26 GMT -5

"Oh, no!" The flame flickered with air of his laughter. "I know better than to reveal me secrets! Last time I did that, the damned Three Broomsticks stole me Three-Headed Rum. Damned wizards there think the buzz is magic er something - can't make a good booze without pixie dust."

Berlin pointed down at the ale. "Ya drink it before ya see another."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 6, 2015 14:55:43 GMT -5

Benjamin wasn’t even certain if he had been in an off mood when he had entered the pub. If he had been, the thoughts that had been plaguing him before were now gone, leaving him at peace and amusement from this simple conversation with the bartender. He chuckled at the bloke’s explanation, shaking his head lightly in amusement. “Right, don’t want to steal that. Magic isn’t necessary for everything,” he shrugged. In fact, he supposed people could survive without magic…not that he ever did such a thing. Benjamin smirked as he picked up his mug, downing the rest of the liquor with ease before looking towards the bartender. “Any else I can try? Don’t worry; born and raised Scottish,” he grinned, knowing very well that he could hold his liquor.