Old Friends

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 6, 2015 17:51:56 GMT -5

So much time had passed since Isabella had seen her friend, Ruby. There weren’t many people that Isabella could actually consider a friend, but Ruby was definitely one of the few. Surprisingly, they had gotten along fairly well…which was definitely not something Isabella had expected. Most females were rather difficult for the Slytherin to get along with as she had become too used to hanging around her brothers, learning to react and act like blokes did, rather than girls. Even now, Isabella wasn’t even certain if she’d come across her long lost friend now, but a girl could hope, she supposed. As Ruby was a Ravenclaw, certainly she’d be by this area…hopefully, anyways.

Wednesdays were the days that Isabella despised the most, though she hadn’t really known why. It was something to do with already being so exhausted from the first half of the week and knowing that she still had half left that was slightly depressing. Taking the long journey to the seventh floor, Isabella curled up on one of the seats, taking out a random book from her bag that she needed to read for class…well, she supposed she didn’t have to read it anymore since that portion of the class was already over, but she figured it was better late than never. Flipping through the pages, she attempted to begin to read…whatever it was she needed to read.

@ruby

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 7, 2015 13:40:33 GMT -5

Ruby sauntered along, returning back to the Ravenclaw tower with her bag full of newly checked out books that she needed for extra reading in lessons, plus she wanted to get a little insight because she would be choosing what she wanted to study for her OWLs, and to see if she fancied any extra curriculum activities. She hoisted her bag up her shoulder again as she approached the entrance to the Ravenclaw tower when she saw someone out of the corner of her eye. At glimpse Ruby dismissed it as just another student but after a second look she couldn't help the grin that crept across her face as she stopped and turned her attention to the girl reading in front of her. "Hey Iz, what are you doing here?" She asked in surprise, approaching the older Slytherin that she got on well with.

Ruby padded over to Isabella and dropped into the chair to the left of her. "It's been ages, you would have thought that living most of the year together we'd see each other." She said with a smile, it was partially her fault, since the holidays she'd started to lose contact with her friends - unintentionally of course. And it didn't help that she hadn't been into school for a few weeks. As she'd been given time off for... personal reasons. "What you reading?" She asked brightly, hoping to strike up a conversation with Iz, just like they used to.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 8, 2015 20:45:39 GMT -5

It was such a relief to get out of her dormitory, Isabella realized, even if she was never there. She had spent much of her time in the Room of Requirement, in the hopes of not having to deal with people, not that she had many to deal with. The only people who ‘bothered’ her really had been Ceci and Evan, most others not caring much or not really knowing what to do. Then again, Ceci and Evan didn’t really know what to do either, but they certainly didn’t agree with her pushing everyone away when she had tried. About four months had passed since she was at the funeral and it was still perfectly playing in her mind, every face she saw, every song that played, every thought that she had. Though, she threw herself into any distraction she could find, even studying.

Hearing her name, Isabella smiled widely as she looked up. “Ruby,” she smiled, glad that her Ravenclaw friend had happened by as expected…or rather, as hoped. “Erm, something about…well…the effects of…uh…Polyset…er…the effects of using some potion ingredient with another ingredient…or something…” she explained poorly, smiling sheepishly. “Staying busy as usual with books, I see?” she asked, staring pointedly at the girl’s filled bag. “Anything particular?”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 10, 2015 15:26:09 GMT -5

Ruby laughed as Izzy tried to form a coherent sentence, "Sounds... fascinating." She teased, rolling her eyes a little. The redhead glanced down at the bag of books draped over her shoulder and smiled, "Just stuff for classes. I'm making sure to keep myself really busy. If I begin to let my mind wander I'm screwed." She said with a shrug and a small sigh, "How did you manage Iz? It's so hard to focus in class and mourn." She asked, taking an unfortunate serious tone. But if there was one person who could relate to how she was feeling it would be the Slytherin beside her.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 13, 2015 5:00:06 GMT -5

Isabella laughed lightly, deciding now was a good time to close her book as clearly, studying was getting absolutely nowhere. Growing up, her mother had tried to make Isabella learn how to cook, leading to disastrous fail after fail. It was quite ridiculous, really. Isabella just really didn’t have the patience to sit around stirring things, or whatever they liked to call it, and that definitely translated to Potions, which she saw as rather similar. Sure, potions seemed to have a bit more to do than just making a meal, but Isabella just didn’t have the patience for waiting for anything to actually happen. The Slytherin smiled softly at the redhead’s concern, sitting up a bit straighter in her seat as she took a moment to answer the question. She wasn’t certain she had even officially mourned yet, neither Cecilia nor Evan really the types to ask her about what she was going through. It had become easy for her to just…ignore it.

“I’m not really sure that there’s a set way of mourning,” she started slowly, eyebrows furrowing as she tried to develop an answer. “For me, I stay busy,” Isabella continued, lifting up the book she had been poorly studying as an example. “I never studied beforehand and yet, here I am. Everything…every little thing like…brushing my hair and remembering the time that Adam had a prank go wrong and my hair turned bright pink and stood on end…reminds me of them,” she stated, letting out a deep breath. “It’s hard going through the motions again…but I think…it’s the only thing that keeps me from falling apart…is pushing myself to stay focused time and time again on other things,” Isabella shrugged, knowing that she may be going about the whole mourning thing all the wrong way, but it was what had worked for her thus far…maybe.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 17, 2015 9:44:54 GMT -5

Ruby bowed her head and nodded a little, "I know what that's like, it's hard and even being around Zeke makes it tough." She groaned and rubbed her face with her hands and slumped down further in her chair. She huffed a little and shook her head, she wasn't going to let this sour her first chat in ages with Iz. The Ravenclaw sat up and reached over to the book Isabella had placed down, "So what were you studying? Maybe I can help?" She offered opening the book and starting to flip through, "Or maybe I can help you procrastinate more."

Ruby gave Iz a bright smile which didn't quite meet her eyes, "Your choice." She smirked.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 17, 2015 18:54:22 GMT -5

Isabella had missed her friend, Ruby, thankful she had met her last year. The girl did not bring any drama with her, even amongst the craziness that seemed to be happening all around them. Seeing Ruby had always brought a bit of joy and peace to Isabella, knowing she didn’t have to pretend to be anyone else. The Slytherin was finding it surprisingly relaxing to talk about this, even if it were bringing up painful memories. She knew that Ruby had gone through a similar pain. It really didn’t matter how many people she had loss, the loss of someone was still the loss of someone. “I think the most complicated thing that I’m finding, is finding a balance between not forgetting them and not wanting to have them in my thoughts at all times,” Isabella stated honestly, looking deep in contemplation before shaking her head lightly.

“I was attempting to study…” Isabella trailed off, looking down at the book, before looking back towards Ruby, “…potions. That class will be my downfall. Are you any good at potions? I’m absolutely horrid. I’m possibly worse at potions than I am at cooking…and I’m a mess in the kitchen.”

Isabella thought for a moment, before shaking her head. “Nope, studying is not going to happen today. We should go to Hogsmeade together next trip. We can go look at the pets in the shop…that’s typically a good distraction. Unless you’re allergic. You’re not allergic, are you?”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 24, 2015 18:59:56 GMT -5

"I don't think you ever fully forget a loved one you lose, especially not immediate family." Ruby said gently, "It's hard, but I'm sure a lot of time and patience it'll become more tolerable, I mean, it was only a recent death for you just like me. It would have gone away by now." Ruby said, surprised by how wise she sounded to her own ears. If only she could take her own advice. Even though she knew Iz wasn't really the hugging type she reached over and gave a small side hug to the Slytherin girl.

"Attempting." Ruby repeated with a smirk, "Let me guess I distracted from your not studying, studying." She grinned, "I'm not the best at Potions but I can try and help when you do study, we can crash and burn together." She laughed with a lopsided smile. When there was talk of animals at Hogsmeade Ruby perked right up, "Nope, not allergic to animals. I love them!" Ruby said excitedly, animals was always a sure way to perk the red head up
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 6, 2015 23:12:18 GMT -5

Isabella smiled sadly in response to Ruby, knowing the truth behind those words. “I think forgetting would be impossible,” she agreed, before musing silently that if one was desperate, magic seemed to offer a solution for everything. “I hope you’re right,” she nodded, wondering how much time would pass before thinking of her family wouldn’t be painful. She supposed that would be something she could learn with her friend, Ruby, knowing that they were both going through recent losses. Isabella smiled as Ruby reached over to give her a hug, returning it graciously.

“Ding, ding, ding,” Isabella smiled, mimicking a correct answer. “Some days I wish I spent the time to actually learn how to cook…perhaps that would have helped me with potions. I guess I’m just too impatient for it,” she shrugged, chuckling lightly. “Oh good,” Isabella grinned. “Then, you aren’t busy next Hogsmeade trip, are you? If not, I’m stealing you.”