Assistant to the Head of the Department of International Cooperation
First Year Alchemy Student
First Year Political Science Student at Lufkin University
Ministry
played by Steph
"you should see me in a crown"
options

Post by Amelia Aziza Travers on Jul 2, 2019 19:50:53 GMT -5

totally not at all inspired by my efforts to find a damn movie theater playing Aladdin at a reasonable time this past Friday, and constantly wandering past one with this name....

Board Name: Orpheum
Type of Shop: Cinema/former theatre
Board Description: Once a struggling wixen theatre located in East End, the rise of mixed muggle technology and the large cinema industry propelled the Orpheum to make changes and turn to movies in an attempt to save themselves from ruin in 1999, which succeeded beyond their wildest dreams, landing the Orpheum among the top-rated wixen cinemas in the UK. While the Orpheum still serves only magical beings, and primarily shows wixen-made movies, popular Muggle films can often be found in general show times, albeit some time after non-magical release.
Employees:
Owner: Celestina Warbeck
Manager: x1
Film Projectionist: x3
Usher: x4
Ticket seller/cashier: x5
Concession counter attendants: x6
Custodian: x3

i guess we’re just doing stereotypical summer jobs now??

Board Name: Scream City
Type of Shop: Theme Park
Board Description: Located just outside of Rhiannon but still within the wards lies near-impossible rides, screamin’ summer fun, fried food, and bored teen employees. Scream City is exactly the sort of summer fun that is left in the peak season. Scream City operates May - September, though supplies rides for renters, should they want to have a fair. Summer workers must be at least 15.
(Examples of More interesting but less magical rides:

(CW: vomit 1 minute in)
Employees:
Owner: Alexander Jones & Dahlia Jones (nèe Bain)
Ride Operator: (must be at least 16, E’s in Charms OWL): x10
Games Attendent: x10
Concession staff: x5
Janitorial workers: x7

(headache achieved, we’re not doing this mobile again)
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 3, 2019 12:42:07 GMT -5

Updated

: It's actually been mentioned in site canon already, that there is not a wixen cinema, or production company! It's in the works, but it's not up and running yet! So for now that one is going to be denied!

I am adding the theme park though. Can you tell me for sure if it is all magical, I assume yes? But I don't want to say something wrong on the board.
Amelia Aziza Travers
Amelia Aziza Travers Avatar
Slytherin
780 posts
Eighteen years old
Ministry
played by Steph
options

Post by Amelia Aziza Travers on Jul 4, 2019 14:10:03 GMT -5

Ahh!! I didn’t know/hadn’t seen
It could be for “foreign” wix and muggle media, then? With the film industry being so large in the US, China, India, and Japan, it would seem off to me there’s none at all in those places, especially as there’s ways for magic to work with tech and electronics here— and Colin’s camera was converted to work in Hogwarts!
That way, Rab could still have the monopoly on magical British films— and there would already be a place they could be played at, once he starts getting them made/ready! As it’s a “newer” movie theater (only started showing movies after the second magical war) I don’t think the existence would impact much?

And yes, fully magical theme park for Scream City!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 5, 2019 18:20:31 GMT -5

Updated

: We didn't say there wasn't one at all anywhere else! Just that there wasn't a 'fully wixen run' one in England. I will message you on Discord about this.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 8, 2019 17:39:49 GMT -5

Name of Owner: Claudychel Spring & Verlyn Brinkley
Name of Shop: Astolfi Aether
Kind of Shop: Prestigious broom company.
Description of Shop:

Astolfi Aether (Pron; Ai-Stolf-Fee Ee-ther), more commonly referred to as AA Brooms, were established in 1734, taking their monicker from the famous player Silvio Astolfi who aided in its creation. Founded by Fridolph Schell and Dalva Acciai (Née Kvothe), this company is a large contributor to the mounts for players in the leagues and national teams, and takes great pride in how and where they source their materials and staff to create the greatest pieces of worksmanship to have been produced between Scottish and Italian collaboration. They are renowned for pushing the boundaries on what makes a broom and how one thinks of one, daring to delve into yet uncharted waters to include larger demographics in their work, to provide everyone with a broom made right for them. Large creations are saved for Flight Festivals which take part every five to ten years, but also take on commissions and projects plans from outside investors. 

They are a household name, just like Quality Quidditch Supplies, an outlet into which they showcase their latest works via a long standing partnership borne from tradition. When buying one of their brooms you are very much paying for the name, as the name carries as much weight as the refined polished wood and manicured broom tips, as much glitter as the silver guilded pegs seated near the hilt, as easy to remember as how to fly. While they have only recently opened a branch in Hogsmeade, their main manufactory is located in a secretive location towards the pinnacle of Scotland, unplottable by map. All of their business is directed through their various branches as the main building is prided as being isolated and excluded from outside influences. The work poured into every broom means that each broom is bespoke, their creation held closer to the owners hearts than their ribcages, and as such they take every customer, idea, and prospect very seriously. Every polishing and care kit differs for each kind of broom, and any problems with a broom should be directed to the patrons closest branch where they will be seen to diligently, with the best customer service a company could provide. If they can't fix a broom, they will replace the broom. And they have a strict return policy; They are so confident that you will love your broom and find next to no issues with them that they will refund you in full with agreeable restrictions to what you paid at the time of purchase, regardless of how the prices may have differed since.

For the past four decades, Astolfi Aether have been designing a broom that will work alongside squibs, since they are borne of magic yet cannot channel it. Due to breakthroughs with enchantments and runic casting, the chance to finally have a prototype seems closer to hand than ever, via link of a blood bracelet or similar body binding magic where the broom will solely react to the owner. In light of the recent epidemic, AA Brooms have prioritised this project and shelved many others. After all, what other broom company has ever looked at a muggle-kin as a consumer of brooms? In this regard, they believe they have their niche.

Keep an eye out for their marketing gimmicks, since they bring in celebrities for certain projects and use their play style for specific models.

Welcome to Astolfi Aether, where the sky really is the limit.

Are there any other shop positions for hire? Indeed.
If so, what and how many? NPC's are Mine & Steph's. Jobs have already been agreed on thus far.

Store Area Manager: Greymoor Darcy
Hogsmeade Branch Manager: @wood
Head of Broom Design: @wood
Head of Project Management: @wood
Broom Consultant x 1
Broom Designers x 2: Scaviour Morgan 
Broom Scale Modellers x 2
Broom Graphic Designer x 1
Polishing Kit Designer x 2

Wood Sourcer x 1
Wood Turners x 3: Scavior Morgan
Broom Handle Polisher x 3
Stockist x 2
Broom Head Creator x 2: Gareth Morgan
Broom Assembler x 2: Urien Morgan

Marketing Agent x 1

International Liaison Department x 3

Receptionist x 2 

Apprenticeships x 2
Internships x 2

Woodlore Experts x 2: Gareth Morgan
Broom Historians x 2
Quidditch Historians x 2: Gwendolyn Morgan and Angharad Wadcock Morgan
Runists x 2
Enchanters x 2

Complaints Department:
Customer Service x 2
Complaints Handler x 2
Refund Accountant x 1
Paper pushers x 4
Part-Time Labourer (Summer holidays only) x 2: @dima

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jul 9, 2019 16:15:59 GMT -5

Pending!

@wood - not currently going to accept them having technology/close to having technology that can let Squibs fly. I have also had to cut down the description as it's higher than the character maximum! I also did not add Greymoor Darcy or Scaviour Morgan, because I do not see them registered as an NPC yet -- not on the Alum roster or any other job page. All registrations for NPCs still have to go through the main page!

Astolfi Aether is open for business!
Amelia Aziza Travers
Amelia Aziza Travers Avatar
Slytherin
780 posts
Eighteen years old
Ministry
played by Steph
options

Post by Amelia Aziza Travers on Jul 12, 2019 20:44:02 GMT -5

this is an add-on!/separate in-board thing?

Name of Owner: Keegan Bishara, Demelza Robins
Name of Shop: Snidget Youth Quidditch (Camp)
Kind of Shop:* Summer training camp
Description of Shop: With several ties to professional Quidditch teams, the training camp serves as place for young mages to train and practice for the division teams. Training children are able to make connections with scouts and reps, as well as shop around for future teams. The camp is separated into a lower division and an upper division.
The lower division cuts off at outgoing Fourth years, and is usually staffed by outgoing Sixth&Seventh years, as well as recently graduated students. Training is in the afternoon. Campers are provided a light lunch, and a healthy dinner. This program is free, and Muggleborns are encouraged (while legal).
The upper division is starts at outgoing Fifth years and continues up to two summers past Hogwarts graduation. Training is in the early morning and evening hours. It is common for upper division trainees to be staff for the lower division trainees. This division is staffed by junior and retired Quidditch players, as well as Quidditch players who have lost their magic.
Are there any other shop positions for hire?
If so, what and how many?
Director: Keegan Bishara(Mya will be registering him soon!)
Refs: x2
Healers: x5
Lower division staff: x 7
Upper division staff: x13 +
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jul 13, 2019 13:59:59 GMT -5

Updated

- hey! I love the idea of a training camp, that is so exciting eee! But it does not really require its own board, since it's taking place at Snidget! I am very excited for it though!