Armour for Liars

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 20, 2015 1:39:25 GMT -5

The Professor stepped into the pub and shrugged off his jacket, why he had even bothered to wear it was lost on him. It was a warm spring evening after all and school was over for the day and so he could where whatever he pleased. But he decided not to focus on that now. His recent interactions with female staff members had left him feeling a little off his game. What the hell had even happened to him these past few weeks, he wondered. May be because he hadn’t been in a relationship in forever, he had forgotten the effect women had on him, not that he fell for every woman he saw, he was still normal in that regard and he was still gentleman. First the school’s healer and then the new head of Ravenclaw, he was not himself.

Samuel made his way to bar and tossed his jacket onto the bar and ordered his firewhiskey. The man ran his hand along his forehead and thanked the bartender for the speedy delivery of his drink. He took a swig of the amber coloured liquid and the burn flow down his throat. He looked at the glass in his hand; he would need a few more of these tonight he figured. He was glad that school was nearly done; these Gryffindors were going to make him grey well before he liked. Hearing someone drop into the seat next to him he turned his head. “About time you rocked up mate”

@tiwaz

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 20, 2015 7:37:43 GMT -5

Tiwaz was running slightly late, but then again he did have reason. He had to finish marking some recent homework. When he entered the Three Broomsticks he sighed tiredly. With the weather changing, pupils had been wanting to spend more time outside doing hands on lessons than inside with written work. He rubbed his face with his hands and scanned the room. He saw Samuel had already arrived and was sat at the bar. With a low groan of exhaustion and flexing his hand a little to ease the tension from holding the quill for so long, he padded over to the bar and dropped into the seat beside him.

He gestured with his hand for a firewhiskey when he saw what his companion was drinking, definitely a night for a few strong drinks, and after all he didn't have lessons until the next afternoon, he could have a lie in if he got too drunk. When Samuel spoke to him, Tiwaz scoffed a little, "Yeah well, you know how it is with homework." He replied gruffly. "So what are you after? It's been a while since we've spoken." Tiwaz said in his playfully sarcastic tone.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 20, 2015 20:38:38 GMT -5

The man smirked as his colleague ordered the same beverage. It was like some unwritten rule that all professors followed, at one point or another they would need plenty of Firewhiskey. Not that there was anything wrong with that. But Samuel knew that even teachers in Muggle schools drank a lot. And it was probably for the same reasons as the professors of Hogwarts, the students, they drove them crazy nine times out of ten. But the charms professor wouldn’t change his job in a million years, he loved to teach and he loved to pass on his knowledge to the next generation. “Ah yep, Homework, seems as professors we are still suckers for it aye?” he chuckled before finishing off his drink and ordered his next. He mentally calculated, yes he did have sobering potion back at his flat should he need it. He had classes late morning the next day with his fifth years.

He looked at the man with an arched brow. “What am I after?” he asked incredulously, obviously faking it. “Are you offering your services as a therapist?” he asked with a puppy dog like expression. “Because if you are mate, then I bloody hope you don’t charge an arm and a leg” he stated just as the bartender delivered his second drink.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 24, 2015 20:32:49 GMT -5

"Oh god yeah." Tiwaz agreed gruffly, when Samuel said about being suckers for homework. He rolled his eyes a little and slouched down a little on the stool. Ti downed his drink quickly and ordered another fire whisky and then some muggle cherry shots, "Do you want one?" He asked gesturing to the four little drinks. "If I'm going to be your counsellor I'm going to need to get smashed." Tiwaz continued with a grin at his friend, when Samuel shot him his puppy dog eyes, Tiwaz shook his head still wearing a smirk. "Alright, how about you buy me a few drinks throughout the night and that will be my charge for my services." He started, "Which might I add are amazing" He finished sarcastically and still grinning.

"On a serious note, what's on your mind Samuel?" He asked, turning his full attention to his friend.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 27, 2015 0:34:45 GMT -5

The charms professor smirked at his friend. He thought they and the other professors should have their heads check if they are still loving homework. Though it had been 12 odd years since he had finished school, he was still enjoying the stuff. However now he wasn’t the one completing it but rather the one getting amused by the student’s answers, some of them were rather creative. And some others needed to work on their spelling but that was another matter for another time. Samuel looked as his friend looked a little deflated and wondered what was going on with him. An amused smile fell on his face as four shots of something cherry flavoured landed in front of his fellow professor. “Sure, why the hell not” he shrugged in response and grabbed one, downing it quickly. It was a much welcomed break from the strong taste of firewhiskey. “I know I should be offended by that but I’m not” he grinned at his friend. “And get as pissed as you but I ain’t getting you back home, you can sleep here” he told Tiwaz as he gestured to the bar with a sweeping motion of his hand. “Sure I can” he confirmed as he polished off his entire glass of liquor and grinned again. “What can I say mate! You’re the best therapist I’ve ever had” he confirmed by nodding his head.

As he ordered his next drink, he sighed dramatically at the question put forward by his friend. “It’s not what but who……who is on my mind” he turned his head and looked at the bloke next to him. He was probably going to cop it from his friend but that was to expected in his situation.