End of Year School Ball

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 27, 2015 18:32:48 GMT -5

Ezekiel smirked at @kiki when she spoke to him, "I guess you don't look to bad yourself." He replied in the same teasing tone, deciding to take a step in being all gentlemanly, he took Kiki's hand delicately and kissed it slightly. "You look stunning." He told her earnestly in a low voice. He turned to @caleb when he spoke to him before putting his hands up in a sign of surrender, "It's great to see you too. We'll chat tomorrow, I have some homework I could use your help with." He said in reply, silently promising to talk to him tomorrow, he did however return the 'explain yourself' look to Caleb but gesturing to Ruby with a nod of his head and a warning glare.

When Caleb and Ruby began talking again he turned back to Kiki with a warm smile, "Maybe I can teach you some dancing tonight then." He grinned, brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear so he could see her eyes. Ezekiel was about to continue speak to Kiki when the music started and he shot her an apologetic smile, "I would ask for this first dance, but a certain little lion has to leave early or else she'll be in trouble and I promised her a dance. The next one I will with you though." He explained to Kiki before standing up, he offered his hand to Cadence and led her onto the dance floor. He placed his hands on her shoulder whilst the small Gryffindor gripped onto his t-shirt and he began guiding her in a dance, just like he did with Iris and with Ruby.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 27, 2015 18:53:11 GMT -5

The professor nodded at the Headmistress as she greeted him. “I am doing quiet well thank you” he smiled at her kindly. The man looked around the hall taking note of the students they arrived, he looked over the refreshments remembering where they were located, no doubt he would head over there soon to see what the elves had prepared for tonight. As he looked back in the direction of the doorway his gaze froze and he watched the woman more closely then he intended to, as she worked her way through the students. When she made her way over a warm smile graced Samuel’s face in an effort to keep his eyes upward. He would not dare blatantly checkout a colleague at a school function especially not if the headmistress was with them. “Evening @daisy, you look…..very nice” he smiled. Of course he couldn’t really say ‘beautiful’ to her, the poor woman was already nervous, he could already tell even if she looked at him longer than he expected her. Perhaps he would ask why later on.

He saw on her way over and too smiled warmly at the head of Hufflepuff. “Davina, lovely to see you, its been too long and you look lovely as ever” He told her before sighing to himself. The charms professor really was struggling right now. Maybe that drink would be needed sooner rather than later. “Yes you should watch out for the Hufflepuff no one ever suspects them” he joked as he addressed Daisy, hearing what the potions professor had told her. The man looked on as Defense Professor arrived and spoke others and finally introduced herself to him. “It’s lovely to meet you Professor” he said in reply to @persephone with a friendly smile gracing his features as he shook her hand.  A split second Samuel later let his eyes rake over Daisy’s figure, knowing that no one had seen him since it was so quick.

“If you ladies will excuse me I need some refreshments” he said with a slight bow as he left his colleagues and headed straight where the food and drinks were located. He grabbed a glass of pumpkin juice and drank nearly half of it in the first sip. He walked over to where one of his students stood. “Sutherland, right?” he said addressing @todd. “All ready for your exams?”

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 27, 2015 21:03:27 GMT -5

Tiwaz had been loitering around the doors leading to the great hall, watching students come and go with a very amused expression. After a while he glanced over at the teachers gathered and couldn't help hide his amusement at @samuel, of course he knew his fellow Professor well, they had worked together for a while after all. Hell, they'd even been at school together - yes Samuel had been older but still. When he saw his friend walk off he smirked a little and made his way over to him, he nodded to his fellow teachers in greeting before going to Samuel's side and grabbing a butterbeer. "Looks like you're struggling a little with the ladies, Sam." He greeted in a gruff voice.

He shadowed Samuel when he went over to a Ravenclaw student and listened as they spoke, leaning against the table and crossing his arms, he stared at all the loved up students and then again over to his workmates, his amused smile never faltering.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 27, 2015 22:52:47 GMT -5

Oh, parties were so excitedly thrilling in every sense of the word. There was action, some action that students should not be participating in, and there was music to dance to, some dances students should NOT be dancing as, and food and drink for enjoyment, some food and drink that students should NOT be spiking. Either way, she supposed she remembered what it was like to be there age, though she was not even 30 yet. It seemed like so far away, and yet, she still enjoyed parties all the same. It was rather sad though, this being the last party of the year. She would certainly miss her students, but she was hopeful for their summers. Even the cards were getting messed up with the constantly changing future, every decision every day making a strong impact on the future. Usually, most decisions were minute in comparison, but apparently, some rather big decisions were being made in rather quick succession. Her summer days would certainly be filled with trying to get a solid read, wondering if she should be approaching someone about what she was seeing soon.

Shaking her head of her thoughts, she practically pranced into the Great Hall, a smile wide on her features as she looked about all of the well-dressed students, looking so beautiful and handsome in their attire, all so grown up. It was like seeing her own children here, a proud woman standing at the door. Saying hello to any student that wouldn’t cower away from seeing their professor in a ‘public’ setting, her eyes settled on some of the professors lolling about. Her feet guided her towards the Headmistress and a few other professors.

“Ahhh! You all look so beautiful tonight!” she exclaimed, looking at all of them. Her eyes reached @minerva, followed by @daisy, and then to . Lastly, she let her eyes settle on the professor she really hadn’t met just yet. Even though it had been a while since she had joined the team, things had been so busy, dragging her every which way. “I don’t believe we’ve met,” she stated, reaching out her hand for @persephone to take. “I’m Professor Kahina Adesina, professor of Divination It’s so nice to finally meet you; so terrible it’s the end of the year, though,” she shrugged, slightly disappointed. She should have made an effort in meeting all of the staff much sooner. “Everyone having fun chaperoning?” she asked, letting her eyes glance around the room briefly.

Outfit
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 28, 2015 3:43:11 GMT -5

In the space of time that it had taken for him to even bloody speak, she was already second-guessing her decision. This was the damn problem. She would make a decision, and immediately change it; it was the reason she knew that she was so royally screwed… because each option seemed just as bad. There was no ‘lesser of two evils’ because both evils were awful, and she wanted to avoid both of them. But she couldn’t, and @trey had made that pretty damn clear the last time they had spoken. Really, it was clear that he didn’t care what route she picked, and perhaps that was what made it even more difficult. If he was leaning one way, then she could at least piss him off by choosing the opposite… that would be a silver lining, although an incredibly small one. Instead, he was content with either, which meant neither option would even slightly piss him off. That, on top of figuring out just which way she wanted her boyfriend to hate her was a challenge she was sure was going to drive her bloody mad. “What can I say—you bring it out of me and not in bloody good way,” she said, derisively, knowing that it was only a matter of seconds before he got to whatever point he clearly had. If he’d come all the way down here, she suspected it was for a reason; although his end game was probably finding a bint to shag, which would be annoyingly easy for him with the delusional girls in this school that were actually interested in him.

She did know that she’d been putting this off for a dangerously long amount of time. It had been nearly a week, after all, and she had been on edge every damn day that he was just going to up and tell Roman randomly. All she had been counting on was that he’d want another face-to-face before that happened, and she’d clearly been right. So her time was clearly up, and no other options had presented themselves. “It hasn’t even been a week yet,” Cecilia replied, impassively. Although she normally was decent at avoiding any outward display of nerves in just about any situation, Cecilia found herself fidgeting slightly, uncrossing her arms to run a hand through her hair in aggravation. “I said I’d bloody do it and I bloody will,” she told him, wondering vaguely if anyone had noticed her talking to the prat yet, as there were quite a few people that would find that odd—though not for bloody long. Soon that would be normal, apparently, though she’d determined that Trey would more than likely be bored by the end of the school year. That was a bright side, at least.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 28, 2015 20:41:17 GMT -5

Hazel had dawdled around her dorm room, resisting the urge to get ready and head downstairs. She was partially excited for the ball partially because it signified the school year ending and she could go home. It was about this time of year that she starting hankering to really see her family. She missed them terribly even if she had friends at Hogwarts. The brunette saw Ruby leave earlier and head down, this gave her a little more time to sort out her outfit and make herself look nice.

She managed to get ready and do her hair with help of some spells she had read from a book. Ever the Ravenclaw she laughed to herself as wrapped her watch around her wrist. Hazel smoothed out her dress and headed for the great hall.

Her jaw dropped slightly as entered the ball, she knew she was late but that didn’t bother her. She heard the band playing as she looked around and saw the various groups of students, some with dates and some on their own, hanging with friends. She saw @ruby at a nearby table and made her way over. “Hey Ruby” she smiled at the redhead before she caught sight of the boy she was talking to. Smirking at her dorm mate, Hazel saw a girl from Hufflepuff also at the table whom she had not spoken to before. “Hi there, I’m hazel and you are?” she asked @kiki in a friendly tone.

Outfit

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 28, 2015 20:47:14 GMT -5

The Slytherin watched as her aunt walked into the ball, readjusting her seat out of her irritation. She supposed ignoring this woman for the entire summer that was coming up quickly wouldn’t be an option, but she felt she had every reason to be upset with the woman. Couldn’t she decide who she wanted in her life and who she didn’t? Her aunt did; why could she be the only one who decided to leave family in the dust? Overreacting, maybe. Did she care? Absolutely not. That would be a situation she would deal with during the summer when she couldn’t avoid her and her “husband” any longer. That was absolutely not a meeting she ever wanted to have. A part of Isabella was feeling slightly self-conscious with her aunt being there at the ball when this was the first ball she had with Evan. Certainly, her aunt would be watching them, annoyingly enough.

Annoyed by her thoughts, she turned her attention back to the table, shrugging at @cecilia’s response. “You know me, I love all of these ridiculous wastes of time,” she shrugged, smirking. Having her wand in the top of her dress sure was uncomfortable and she didn’t understand how anyone else found that enjoyable, feeling it sticking in her side. Before the conversation could continue too much, Isabella found a smile slowly appearing wide on her face at @evan’s words. Leaning over towards him, she responded, “I think a dance or two is more than acceptable.” Of course, she’d have to worry about her aunt following them out, or something else ridiculously embarrassing, so perhaps they’d have to stay slightly longer than either of them preferred…or at least get swept up in the crowd. “I have to see if you have two left feet,” she continued, winking in his direction, standing up from her seat so that they could get the dances out of the way. She was still so determined to find something he was not so great at. Then, they could leave and find their other ways of entertainment that were far more enjoyable. Isabella was slightly excited to dance with Evan for the first time, hoping that being that close together would be alright, and make them want to not even make it through the first dance.

Hearing Cecilia saying she’d be right back, Isabella turned slightly to see if Roman had joined, wondering if he just didn’t want to sit with the group. They weren’t exactly back on great terms, but they were on talking terms, she supposed. There was still a lot going on that, she supposed. Isabella narrowed her eyes as she saw Cecilia approaching Trey, the last person she thought the girl would approach seeing as her boyfriend hated his cousin and had warned Isabella to stay clear of for the most part, save Quidditch. A brief moment of worry filled Isabella as she watched carefully, wondering if something was wrong with Roman and that was why Cecilia was going to Trey, but that didn’t make sense either as from what she could tell, Trey wouldn’t care. “What do you think that’s about?” she asked Evan quietly, nodding in the direction of where Cecilia and Trey were, having the faintest idea of what that could be about.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 28, 2015 21:05:11 GMT -5

They couldn’t have possibly made a worse decision than they have at the present moment, attending a chaperoned ball, still dressed appropriately. Mila wasn’t against dances nor was she against parties, rather enjoying them throughout the summer, but they were completely different sceneries. At least in the parties that she was used to, rules were irrelevant and there were far more interesting people about. In this entire school, there had only been one person that she would consider remotely interesting, and he was standing right next to her. Their relationship was rather strange, she supposed, but it was quickly ending. Not only were the running out of new places to shag, but they were also running out of time for those places as their deadline approached, thank fucking Merlin. How anyone in this world was okay with actually caring about someone simply confused Mila, not understanding the benefit to it in the slightest….except that she got bloody great shags out of it from someone likeminded.

One thing was for sure; tonight was going to be one hell of a night, as it usually was for them. The largest decision they would have to make would be how far they could make it to whichever location they desired. Perhaps leaving now was in their favor as most professors, if not all, and all students would be at this ridiculous function for who the hell knew why. “Finn,” she replied, glancing at him from the corner of her eye. “Remind me again why we’re here…or is shagging here in the populated room going to be one of our challenges?” she asked, quirking an amused eyebrow in his direction. She would certainly do it, perhaps at a non-magical club. Crowds really didn’t bother her any.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 28, 2015 21:15:36 GMT -5

It certainly was quite the lovely night at Hogwarts. The arithmancy professor could not believe she had skipped out on these events when she was a student. Well, she could. Surely, the presence of her siblings would have been enough to drive her away, but she supposed she could have attended after they had all graduated. Perhaps she had convinced herself she hated these things when they weren’t all that bad. Everyone, students and adults alike were dressed to the nines. It was hard to believe that they would have a celebration such as this where it would hopefully be just a wonderful night then have to take a break from it all for a few months. Maybe this is some plot to get students to secretly just miss Hogwarts and actually look forward to returning in the fall. For Daisy, she had never needed a ball to do that. Being at home with her family was clearly enough to make her want to be at school.

While she was looking around at all of the beautiful students, her eyes landed on @sutton. one of her own students. The Ravenclaw girl had recently had a meeting with the head of house in regards to her just general disregard for the rules and expectations for school. Daisy had given her the choice to miss the ball or serve a detention. Naturally, neither were flattering offers to Sutton, but they weren’t meant to be. However, it was decided that she would just serve the detention, which deep down, Daisy was grateful for. She didn’t really want to take away something that the girl was looking forward to. Merlin knew Daisy would like to see Sutton show any emotion rather than just general apathy, so seeing her happy for once would be somewhat of a delight for Daisy. Of course, the woman knew the student was still probably pissed off of her, but that didn’t stop her from smiling in her direction when she saw her. Maybe someday he will realize that I am actually rooting for her and trying to get her to succeed. I doubt it, but anything is possible, I suppose.

Daisy only stopped gazing around the room when a woman that she hadn’t met approached. She obviously wasn’t a student and seeing as she addressed both Minerva and Samuel by name, Daisy assumed she was a staff member. Her suspicions were confirmed when this woman gave a very polite introduction stating her name was . “Oh please don’t apologize. It’s nice to meet you, Davina. I’m Daisy Lowry,” she said as she took the woman’s hand and shook it, “but you probably already knew that,” the woman added quickly as she lowered her hand. Daisy felt awkward that so many of the professors seemed to know her, but she was still learning people. She suddenly felt very ill-prepared and concerned that she may be giving the impression she didn’t care about other people or that she wasn’t efficient. Neither were things she wanted to convey. The poor woman began to fidget quite nervously.

Luckily, her nerves began to relax a bit when she was nudged. At first, the tightened in a bit of anxiety as she wondered who the hell she had upset, but when she heard the voice and turned to see the face that matched it, she began to grin. “Persephone! It’s great to see you, and your dress looks awesome!” Realizing that maybe she sounded a little too childish, particularly with the headmistress right there, she quickly cleared her throat. “I mean, you look lovely,” she said with a smile that almost seemed like it wanted to break into a laugh. Daisy had only met the Slytherin head of house recently, but enjoyed having her around. She felt safer, more at east. Maybe it was simply because she knew that @persephone used to be an auror, or maybe it was simply because the woman was quite charming. Whatever the reason, the brown-eyed woman welcomed it.

The headmistress had spoken to all of the professors standing around and signaled for music to be played. It was hard not to feel happy and encouraged in a time like this. For one, working for a woman like @minerva was such a joy to Daisy. As a student, the woman had helped her out greatly by trying to be sort of a shelter away from the insults her sisters would hail towards her and by tutoring her in her weakest subject. There probably wasn’t a person that Daisy respected more than her boss. The other reason one could feel just so at ease was the music that filled the air. Some students wasted no time getting on the dance floor. Daisy certainly wouldn’t be joining them, but it was nice to watch.

And speaking of music…
Her eyes turned to the guitar playing professor when he spoke to her, saying that she looked “very nice.” Daisy took no issue with scrutinizing the man when he said this. She eyed him up and down, scanning for any indication of what the hell that was exactly supposed to mean. Was he being genuine? The woman had known @samuel to be polite, but something in his voice was unnatural to her. Perhaps it was sarcasm, but no, it didn’t quite sound like that either. Just in case it was, she tugged at her skirt once again before giving a once-over side glance again in a last attempt to read him, but failing. “Thank you,” she said cautiously. She then watched him excuse himself and slowly make his way over to one of her more quiet students from what she had heard… or better, hadn’t heard, as he never seemed to speak to anyone.

Before she could get too busy analyzing, another wonderful lady had approached the group of now only women. “@kahina! You look absolutely breathtaking!” The Ravenclaw head of house threw her arms around her friend. Surely this night was destined to be absolutely astounding with so many wonderful people here. She just hoped the students could be on their best behavior.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 28, 2015 21:23:23 GMT -5

Dressing up in something other than the bloody uniform was definitely worth going to a ball, having the chance to show off the curves she knew she had. She supposed she would enjoy the ball, as she and her sister always enjoyed balls. There was simply so much fun to be had, between the inevitable petty drama that would break out between ridiculous individuals, emotions running high, to the possibility of Peeves, or one of the more annoying or amusing ghosts or creatures that found themselves homed in this castle. Walking all of the way down from the seventh floor without her sister seemed neverending, still grumbling that her sister was too impatient to bloody wait, apparently.

Rolling her eyes, she gracefully stepped into the crowded ball, letting her eyes glance over the available blokes of the room while simultaneously searching for her sister. It is incredibly easy to find her sister, something of a triplet thing, she supposed. It didn’t matter how many people were around; she would never have difficulty spotting the familiar face. Letting her heels guide her to @sutton, she grinned widely. “Well, if it isn’t my favorite, slightly attractive, sister,” she grinned, looking at the girl’s outfit. Of course they wore the same bloody color, but they were identical after all…of course the same colours looked good on them. “Anything interesting happen yet?”

Outfit