Someone New

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2015 4:29:58 GMT -5

Callie could honestly count on one hand the number of times a bloke came up to her at a bar and just wanted to talk. It was nothing against the blokes and she wasn’t embarrassed about it in the slightest, but at this time of night and with her being by herself, most blokes were simply interested in looking for an unattached shag. Some of them actually came looking for it, like she had pegged this bloke as, and others just came to drink and see what happened, like she did. But now, she was wondering if she had completely riddled out this one incorrectly—which wasn’t exactly all that common. As far as Callie could tell, he looked like the exact type of bloke that just had come over to her looking for a shag. She had no idea if she should be offended that he didn’t seem interested any longer. That wasn’t precisely true, actually, as that was hardly something that she was going to get upset about at all. Everyone had their own types of what they were interested in, and if she didn’t match his, she was hardly going to fault him for it. If all she got out of this was an interesting conversation, then that really would be absolutely fine with her. He seemed interesting enough, albeit a bit mysterious since he didn’t seem to be revealing all that much information about himself. “Luckily people always need healers,” she said, dryly, before swigging from her drink. It was quite the true statement, really, not that it was good that people still found a way to get injured in the most ridiculous ways. But even if she ever did get sacked from Hogwarts, or wanted to quit, Callie did know that she could get a job back at St. Mungo’s or move somewhere else and get a job that their hospital. It was the one lucky thing about finally doing shit with her life as opposed to bopping from job-to-job.

A smile grew across her face at his words, shaking her head in amusement. Yes, perhaps this was just an interesting conversation, but Callie really was still enjoying herself. His continued presence was making her more intrigued by him, of course, and the longer she looked at him, the more she did want to shag him, but a conversation was fine as well. “Well if you wanted me to be further indebted to you, you’re welcome to buy the next round,” she said, teasingly, gesturing at her rapidly emptying glass. She’d built up a hell of a tolerance for firewhiskey, really, but she would probably make the next one her last if she wanted to remain at the level she had told herself she’d stay at. Callie raised an eyebrow at him as he kissed her hand after she had taken his, not having expected that kind of move from him at all. Damn, she must be off of her game, or something, because she was having a hell of a time trying to figure him out. “Callie,” she replied, once he had released her hand. LJ was intriguing her, and she really did have no idea why he seemed so mysterious to her. Normally, she was a lot better at figuring people out, and she would have to place the blame on that. For whatever reason, she was off her game.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2015 22:26:41 GMT -5

This was a very unique encounter, and he didn’t like it one bit. He had come into this place with one thing on his mind, per usual. He always had the one thing on his mind but in this case, it wasn’t his sole focus. He really needed to just leave this bint alone and go find another slag to spend the night with. That was clearly the better use of his time, more than anything. After all of his bloody hard work, it couldn’t go to waste here, with the first bint that he saw this evening. It shouldn’t be this bloody difficult to do as he had done that before. The second his evening didn’t look set in stone, he would be off to look for another achievement of sorts. However, he still wasn’t bloody moving. “A Healer, eh? St. Mungo’s?” he asked, wanting to kick himself for even asking. Levi glanced over at her curiously, eying her up and down. “Aren’t you a bit young?” he asked, thinking that Healer’s tended to be a bit molder, at least he thought.

Levi smirked at her response, satisfied in the remark. “Next round it is,” he agreed, finding himself to actually be…enjoying a conversation with a bint. Usually, it felt like he would prefer to hex himself than to sit in any conversation where a bint was involved. Instead, he was finding her to be slightly curious. Fuck. “Callie,” he repeated, marking it in his memory for whatever bloody hell the reason that was. It wasn’t like he was going to see her beyond this evening, especially with how off of his game he was feeling. “Why did a pretty girl like yourself want to deal with sick people?” he asked bluntly.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 3, 2015 5:26:49 GMT -5

She couldn’t recall a time that she had been more off of her game, because this bloke really might just be interested in talking to her. He hadn’t looked like the type, but she supposed she couldn’t be right all of the time. Since he seemed interesting enough to talk to, Callie obviously saw no problem with this. Yes, he was bloody attractive, which was too bad, but perhaps she just wasn’t her type. Blokes had types, or so they said, though she didn’t often find that to be true. There were always exceptions, though, and this could be one of them. This would still be a successful evening in her mind just having a discussion with him that kept her interest, particularly since it was also an excuse to appreciate a very attractive view. “St. Mungo’s for my training,” she confirmed, nodding. Callie had enjoyed the craziness that was working for that hospital, as being back at the castle wasn’t nearly as eventful. “Hogwarts now—mending ridiculous injuries one student at a time.” That had been an interesting decision to make, since it was never where she saw herself, and she was surprised with how well it was working out thus far. She smiled as he looked her over, already knowing what he more than likely was going to say next—and she found that she wasn’t mistaken. "They probably made an exception for me because I'm just that good,” she deadpanned, an amused smirk playing on her lips. Callie didn’t consider herself all that young for the profession, but that was because she really didn’t think too much about age.

Callie nodded concisely, as if they had come to an important agreement as opposed to just another round of drinks. Him staying around one more round at least could give her a bit more insight onto just whom she was talking to, which was always interesting. “Good,” she agreed, still finding herself slightly thrown off that she had incorrectly pegged his reasoning for coming over here. Perhaps she hadn’t, though, she realized, and he just actually wanted to have a bit of a conversation first. Not everyone just came up and immediately hit on bints to try to get them interested, though she didn’t mind blokes being upfront, even if she certainly didn’t always give those blokes the time of day—it simply depended on her mood. Callie finished off her firewhiskey, setting the empty glass onto the bar. “I’ve worked just about everywhere—nothing could keep me interested,” she said, lifting a shoulder in a shrug, “This one stuck… not a clue why, really.”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 4, 2015 22:10:05 GMT -5

Levi was trying to sort through his thoughts, trying to figure out what went wrong in this meeting with this bint so that he could learn for later. This incident absolutely could not occur again if he had anything to say about it as it simply wasn’t an option. He remembered walking into the pub, seeing an attractive bint with long, long legs, and luscious lips, and a body that very much needed to be seen. Then, not even all that long into the conversation, and he was finding her to be interesting. Not interesting in the way that the vampire and the werewolf had been interesting, but interesting for no damn good reason other than him finding her to be bloody interesting. That absolutely didn’t make sense to him, only frustrating him even further. At least the vampire and the werewolf had gotten his adrenaline rushing for different reasons…and this one…was just human. Well, as far as he could tell, anyways. Maybe she was a bloody Veela that was undetected for all he bloody knew. Yes, that was a viable explanation.

“Hogwarts? Bet you have a lot of blokes,” he laughed lightly, shaking his head. Had their Healer looked that good when he was there, perhaps he would have actually gone one of the many times he had been beaten up. “I don’t know how you do it,” he continued, not really sure he’d ever want to go back to that place; not to mention, children were a headache waiting to happen. “Now I understand the drink,” he laughed, nodding towards her drink that had caused him to assume she had a rough day. “Maybe they were just trying to more people interested in wasting their money seeing a Healer when they could just heal themselves,” Levi suggested, knowing that anyone in business was only actually concerned about their revenue.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 5, 2015 1:14:34 GMT -5

Since she had begun working at Hogwarts, she did find the Hospital Wing frequented by some of the same male students. It was flattering… she supposed, but a bit awkward and amusing that this had kept up. They were obviously doing it in jest, but it really probably didn’t make her look all that great or professional—and that was a big enough problem for her to figure out as it was. Obviously, there wasn’t much for her to do except to heal them quickly and send them on their way and it didn’t happen enough to be a problem. “I have some repeat offenders,” she replied, lightly, shaking her head in amusement, “I like to give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume they’re incredibly clumsy.” Though, really, how many times would any believe the fell-off-a-broom story or simply feeling ‘under the weather’? Callie was sure that by the autumn, the novelty of her arrival would have worn off, thankfully. “You really don’t think I can just like firewhiskey?” Callie asked, raising an eyebrow, though her eyes showed her amusement at the question.

LJ was interesting, and not at all what she had been expecting when he walked up to her. It was an intriguing change of pace, she supposed, even if she felt like it was only her mind occasionally going to the gutter. It made sense to her to avoid determining that whether that was why he had come over or not; perhaps he was like her, and just left the night up to chance. Certainly she wasn’t the only one with that mindset. “That’s quite the scheme,” she stated, laughing. “What do you do, then?” Callie asked finally, finding herself more curious about this bloke as the moments went on.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 6, 2015 13:28:39 GMT -5

Healers weren’t typically young attractive bints with perfect…everything. Just looking at her and she appeared to be a perfect female, at least based on physical appearance. Usually when a bint looked this perfect, she was probably crazy or clingy. So far, Callie showed neither, making him curious as to how this conversation would progress. She was interesting, he would have to admit, and that was only because he was trying to determine what was wrong with her. If she was clingy, sleeping with her would be the last thing that he should do. He couldn’t place her in any category, making it rather difficult for him to decide if he wanted to stay or not. At this point, she was interesting enough, and not clingy yet, that he would probably still shag her merely because he wanted to…except not at the present moment. Every thought he was having was confusing him more, wondering when all of this was going to start making sense. She had to be crazy, he decided finally…before glancing at her and knocking that off of what was wrong with her. Bloody hell.

Levi chuckled at her response, making a face as if that was to be expected. Even if she were crazy, he’d show up repeatedly, somehow. No, he probably wouldn’t. In school, he probably would have been too nervous to even talk to her…probably forcing himself to go seek pleasure in his dormitory just to make it through. “Benefit of the doubt,” he repeated, shaking his head in amusement. “You must have some really clumsy students,” Levi laughed. “So how many people have tripped over an unknown object in the hall?” he asked, amused. “It’s an acquired taste, sweetheart. Perhaps you acquired it when you were much younger,” he mused, shrugging lightly. He took a long sip of his drink at her question, wondering how much he should inform her of, deciding to stick to only informing her of one location he worked at. “I own that piece of shit, The Hog’s Head,” he smirked, fondly remembering his shop. He loved it, even if it was questionable at times.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 7, 2015 1:29:01 GMT -5

When she had heard about the opening at Hogwarts, Callie had no idea why the job had even sounded like something she would ever want to do. Working at the school had simply never been anything that she’d ever contemplate, and here she was actually enjoying it for the most part. Yes, she also was looking forward to the break that the summer holidays would provide, but she knew that more than likely she’d be fine with heading back to the castle once they ended. It was odd indeed, the concept of having a job that might actually stick longer than a few months. Callie absolutely never would have guessed. But there were other times to ponder this, and that would certainly not be while she was with such intriguing company. Figuring him out was far more interesting than anything else she could be doing, after all, and she was already amused by the fact that he was a difficult person to read. His intentions had seemed clear when he’d first sat down, though he had seemingly immediately proven that he didn’t want to shag her. Now, she was going back on that instinct as well, which left her at a complete loss, determining that perhaps he really did have a similar mindset to hers. Not every bloke came into a bar looking for a shag, some might potentially enjoy an interesting conversation. Stranger things had happened.

Talk of these repeat visitors always made her laugh but also made her a bit embarrassed, and not because of the ridiculousness of those students; Callie simply thought it was a bit ridiculous for her to assume that her looks had anything to do with how many visits were made to the hospital wing. That would be rather presumptuous of her, even if it did seem likely. After all, she was a confident individual in general, but she simply wasn’t one to talk about herself in that manner all that often. “Tripping down the stairs is more common—or some very minor falls off of broomsticks,” she told him, before adopting a dramatically serious tone, “Very clumsy, indeed. I often worry for their safety.” A smile spread across her lips at his words, taking a sip of her firewhiskey before answering, “Oh, firewhiskey and I have a very long and happy relationship,” Callie replied, still smiling. This bloke was proving more amusing by the moment, a fact she hadn’t expected either. “I was at the Hog’s Head a few weeks ago,” She said, laughing under her breath. “You must not have been working.” Because she certainly would have noticed him, she thought.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 9, 2015 19:04:50 GMT -5

Levi was trying to remember the professors and staff that had been at Hogwarts when he was there, not really remembering if any of them were attractive or not. He was certain if they had been, he would have remembered. To him, it made no sense why anyone would have possibly desired to work with that many kids, let alone any, really. They were awkward and obnoxious, concerned with…who the hell even knew anymore. Their stories or whatever shit they told weren’t even fascinating, making him lose interest far before anything was even shared. He supposed his main issue with that age group was his own memories from when he was that age, being bullied by anyone and everyone it seemed. Those years definitely were just torturous in general, years he would never want to relive. It was a damn good thing that he had moved on from that, becoming who he was now. Ever since he left school, he had never been bullied even once, growing far too cocky from how he grew out of his awkward stages.

He tried to peg what kind of girl she would have been during that age group, figuring that she was probably one of the popular bints of the school just by her looks alone. Add to it her easygoing nature and her humor, he was almost certain he was accurate in his assessment. Levi chuckled at her response, shaking his head in amusement as he took a long drink. “Well, I do wish you luck on trying to have uneventful days in regards to tripping down stairs and the like,” he grinned, figuring she probably would never see the end of that. “Long and happy? Sounds like you’re already married to your whiskey…and far better off,” Levi joked, giving her a look. “Good choice,” he added on. Whiskey was far better than any marriage could bring; it was always faithful in a world that seemed to be walking dangerously close to crossing whatever lines they shouldn’t be crossing. “Well, they said if I owned my own place, I would never have to work a day in my life,” he chuckled. That certainly was what he had been told, that owning his own business would be beneficial to never work again. And that certainly wasn’t how things turned out; he did work more often than not…at least, whenever he wasn’t drinking or doing his Ministry duties.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 10, 2015 3:50:46 GMT -5

If it was one thing that Callie enjoyed more than anything, it was an interesting conversation. She found just about everyone to be interesting in their own way, really, and had no problem with striking up a dialogue with just about anyone she was around. Of course, if they also happened to be attractive, then that was just a bonus. In this particular case, she was finding LJ to be entertaining to talk to as well as obviously bloody nice to look at. It worked out for her all around, even if she certainly could see herself getting distracted by this conversation and staying out longer than she had anticipated. It was a work night, annoyingly enough, and she tried to keep herself from getting too out of hand when something could happen at the castle at any time. But she wasn’t going to get drunk, obviously, she was just going to enjoy this conversation until it ended. “I’ll need all the luck I can get, apparently. I don’t recall ever being that clumsy, but who am I to judge?” Callie replied, an amused smirk playing on her lips as she took a sip of her drink. She was sure that this would eventually die down, assuming these students were bringing themselves into the hospital wing on purpose.

“Oh, yes, I’m very happy with it. Never lets me down,” she told him, her smile widening at the thought. While her former classmates were all getting married and having kids, she was still pretty much doing the same thing she always did—drinking and shagging around. Not exactly professional, nor something that she was apparently supposed to be doing anymore, but the fact remained that settling down was not something on her agenda in the slightest. If that meant having a relationship with firewhiskey, then she was bloody happy with that. Callie tried to recall the last time she had been at the Hog’s Head, knowing that it had been when she’d run into Ryder a few weeks back. Yes, she certainly would have remembered if LJ had been there; as rare as it was, apparently, Callie did actually like the Hog’s Head, sometimes more than she liked the Three Broomsticks. It depended on her mood, but she liked the more laidback atmosphere at the quieter pub, even though some people would call it questionable, not relaxed in the slightest. She supposed that was all a matter of perspective. “That working well for you, then?” Callie asked, laughing. She was sure he had to work pretty damn hard to keep an entire pub going, actually, but she was glad to hear he wasn’t the type to talk up all he did or complain about the work, which would be two reactions she’d expect from most blokes, particularly the former. This conversation was just getting better by the moment, apparently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 11, 2015 20:12:27 GMT -5

Everything, absolutely bloody everything, about this conversation was irritating Levi and it wasn’t because of poor company. In fact, he found that the bint was better company than most anyone he had come across recently…well, ever. He would find himself casually joking around with bints that he came across, but never without a bit of flirting. For some reason, flirting just didn’t seem to be the way to go that night which was never the case. Perhaps he subconsciously understood that this was the best way of getting laid that night. Even that didn’t make sense in his mind, though that was precisely what he was going to stick with so that he didn’t think he was going bloody mad. Maybe he would have to leave the executioner job, after all. Apparently, it was fucking with his damn mentality.

“If you need me to straighten any of them out, let me know and I’ll stop by,” he smirked jokingly. It wasn’t like he would do much…just make sure the hospital wing was bloody packed as he went in and snogged her. All the little fuckers would know that she certainly was otherwise preoccupied. But he wouldn’t actually do that, obviously. That would imply…shit he didn’t want to think about ever. “Oh, absolutely,” he grinned. Levi found that he never actually liked to drink while he was at work, even if he was off duty at the time. Most people didn’t peg him as the kind that actually cared about his work, but he did like making a good impression and it was hardly appropriate for the owner of a pub to be drunk off their ass. “Better to be my own boss,” he shrugged.