Pay No Mind||Ryder

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 7, 2015 1:55:51 GMT -5

Alexandra watched curiously and almost entranced as her friend reacted to her comment. When they had been at school together she couldn’t recall him blushing so much, was he okay? She hoped he was, he didn’t appear to be sick on looks alone. He did look rather fit and the blush he was now sporting only increased his attractive appeal. Alex crossed her arms and looked up at Ryder with arched brow and look that communicated ‘You sure you’re okay mate?’ if she had to examine him they would need to leave the putt putt park and even thought most of her wanted to stay a good proportion of her wanted to stay too. It had been a while since she had played the game and had been looking forward to this evening if it meant seeing her friend again. Before thoughts on exactly how she would examine Ryder she stopped herself. She didn’t need those thoughts coming out in any of her nervous habits.

She didn’t really need to aplogise for asking if he went back to work yet or not, Alex couldn’t apologise for a question that came so naturally to her. She asked it too many times every week. From the way Ryder had answered her she could tell he had been expecting it. She wasn’t surprised that he had returned already from the way Ryder had spoken about Dragons when she had treated him at the hospital it was evident he was passionate about the creatures and would work tirelessly for them even if it was a ministry job. “Oh I didn’t realise they were under threat” she said trying to recall if she had read anything about Ironbellies lately. She hadn’t so Ryder would have to enlighten her, which he was more than capable of doing she thought. “Ryder I don’t anyone’s forte is paper no matter what their job is, I got piled with a fair chunk of it during my training and I still haven’t mastered it all these years later” she smiled at him kindly. “Work hasn’t been too bad lately, no interesting cases I can share with you sorry, I haven’t delivered a baby or anything” she laughed. “I had today off and I have tomorrow off too which is something unheard off” Alex grinned.

The Healer didn’t hold back on rolling her eyes at his exaggerated comment before giggling a little as she pictured a golf ball hitting his head. “No RJ, if I wasn’t a healer I would have still helped you as your friend” she reassured him by place her hand gently on his forearm. Damn he was fit! “As for a ball if your head, thanks for spoiling my party trick of the night” she winked at him. She really needed to stop doing that in case she was sending the wrong message across to him. But she knew the back of her mind she needed to convey that message to him even if she was petrified of doing so. So much for being sorted into Gryffindor the house of the supposed brave people. Realising her hand was still on his arm she quickly pulled it back and mumbled a ‘sorry’ and luckily was able to fight off a blush.

Alex was absolutely delighted to become an Aunty. She now had a niece to spoil and a reason to travel to France. Though she supposed she didn’t actually need one to visit the country it was just a portkey away. “I’m sure she is and thanks. I look forward to seeing her and I also look forward to having a clean flat when I get back” she teased him. Though her place didn’t need much tidying up as she was rarely there. “And you are looking at me RJ, but don’t look too long or I’ll start to think you fancy me or something” she smirked at him. Maybe I want him to fancy me, and what if he does? Oh Merlin! She smiled internally feeling thrilled at that actually being a possibility. Why do I suddenly feel like a teenager instead of a woman in her mid-twenties? She asked herself.

Her jaw dropped slightly at his answer. Did he actually want to spend time with me alone? Just the two of us? For a moment she was lost for words seeing as it was an unfamiliar situation to her, having never fancied any of her male friends before. Ryder was smart, funny, charismatic, sexy, handsome…..okay Alexandra you can stop there she reminded herself. Looking down at the ground for moment the witch tried think of what to say next. “Likewise but let’s stay here, I want to see exactly how good you are at Putt Putt” she said as confidently as she could manage as she finally looked up at him with a broad smile.

What was that smirk for she wondered. “Technically it’s Hr. Wilcox but I’ll let it slide for now “ the witch smiled at him mischievously. It had been years since she had teased a bloke like this and while it scared her, she actually knew what she was doing which worried her too. She giggled hearing him curse as he ball stopped past the hole. “Oh Ryder, better luck next time” she wished him sincerely before she walked over to where her ball sat just shy of the hole before she tapped it lightly with her putter and watched it fall inside. “Your turn Dawson” she said as she waved her hand with a sweeping motion as she stepped aside for him have his second go.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 11, 2015 17:29:05 GMT -5

The wizard saw the look the witch gave him. It bugged him that she seemed so calm and collected compared to him. Ryder knew his inner thoughts were running crazy in regards to the woman with him, but it sucked that all of that had to show on the outside too. He gave her the best smile and reassuring look he could muster. Really, he needed to calm down, and just enjoy the game. Putt-putt itself was something he enjoyed, and if nothing else, he was grateful that he could at least count Alex as a friend, even if every inch of him wanted more.

Ryder wasn’t a person that liked to do nothing. He liked to keep busy and working, so naturally, as soon as his arm was healed, he went back to the ministry. Fortunately, with Alex’s amazing healing skills, it really was no time at all. When she spoke, Ryder gave a nod in understanding. Most people that didn’t work with dragons didn’t understand that the Ironbellies were endangered. That was part of the problem, and it was something he hoped to address in his proposal: creating more awareness of the issue. “Yes, a dragon keeping friend of mine and I were just talking about it. they tend to be the preferred dragon for vault protection at Gringotts, but they cut back due to the decreasing number of them.” It really was sad to think about. No dragon lover ever liked to hear of a dragon going extinct. The man smirked at the witch’s paperwork comment. “No, I think you are wrong. I think there are some sick, twisted people out there that love doing paperwork, Hence why it exists,” he said with a mock serious look. “What do you mean? You help people! That is amazing. So what if you didn’t deliver a baby? You still do cool things every day,” Ryder offered her. “Also, I am jealous that you had today and tomorrow off.”

When Alex rolled her eyes, it was all Ryder could do to keep from moving close to her and stealing a hug from her once again. She was so adorable, even though she was obviously not having his teasing right now. He all but lost his mind when she put her hand on his arm. And there’s that damn wink too. She’s killing me. Whether it was natural instinct or some part of him that wanted to impress her, he gave a small flex of his muscle at her touch. He wanted to keep her hand there, and almost put his hand on hers to keep it from moving. However, she pulled away before he could. Ryder heard her mumbled apology, and he relished in the fact that he wasn’t the only one blushing. “You don’t have to apologize,” he said with a satisfied smile.

The confidence that the witch showed in her statement was a little surprising and provoked Ryder’s competitive side. “Well someone sounds sure of herself,” he laughed. It was so easy to smile and laugh when the healer was around. However, the next words made his heart skip a little. Was she catching on? Could she tell he was absolutely captivated by her? Was that a bad thing? All the thoughts raced through his head at once. There was only one response he thought was appropriate to what she said. “And what if I did?” Ryder didn’t feel like a former Gryffindor at the moment. His nerves were shot, and her could feel his heart racing. It took everything within him to keep from outwardly shaking.

Maybe it was his imagination, but he thought the witch’s jaw dropped ever so slightly. It could just be wishful thinking. Even so, her jaw dropping may not have been a good thing. He worried that maybe he was coming across as too forward with the woman who probably just wanted a fun night with her friend. When Alex did speak, he nodded in agreement. Really, it told him nothing on what she thought about him being rather open with his flirting and forwardness.

It was easy to just play along with Alex. In fact, her playful nature kind of reminded Ryder of himself. He stuck his tongue out at her correction. “Oh forgive me miss healer!” Of course, he spoke with some joking demeanor in his voice. He watched her hit her ball in the hole and gave a little clap for her. “Well done, but I think you should see how a master does it.” Ryder stepped up to his ball, and was able to follow suit into the hole since his ball had almost gotten in the first time. “It would appear we are tied. Onto the next one then, shall we?”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 14, 2015 19:17:30 GMT -5

Catching the smile that Ryder shot her way, Alex couldn’t help but feel that something was off about him. He wasn’t his usual self, she prayed it wasn’t something about her or something about being in Muggle London, it shouldn’t be, she knew he was a muggleborn. And it definitely wasn’t the putt putt. The witch could have asked what the matter was but reminded herself that she needed to put her away her Healer side and enjoy his company even if every inch of her was begging to ask what the matter was.

She should have figured that Ryder would return to work as soon as possible, like her he too was passionate about his job and whenever anyone was enthusiastic about something there was no way you could keep them away. Her siblings had pointed this out to her on numerous occasions. Alex listened closely as her friend spoke about his Dragon Keeping friend and the use of Ironbelly Dragons by Gringott’s. having just met Lenora she seemed to be discussing this creature quite a bit; and part of her didn’t mind in the slightest. “But that’s a good thing right?” she asked unsure if the reduced usage of them was going to be enough to save the species. Yes she was able to heal creature induced injuries but her knowledge past had wavered slightly since school. “I believe those sick and twisted people you speak of RJ are our supervisors or managers or in your case the department head” she laughed as she tried imagine Ryder’s desk piled high with parchments and files. “Thanks RJ but you know me I was never one to really hype my job” she shrugged casually. “I suppose my job is ‘cool’ for me its more of a passion” she said looking at the putt putt course but nowhere in particular before turning to smile back at him. “Yeah my supervisor was more than happy to give me two days off……maybe I’ll tempt you join me tomorrow” she joked. Though she wouldn’t mind the company…..especially if he were to stay over…..okay Alex seriously get a grip girl!

Alex had no clue whatsoever what came over her when she placed her hand on his arm. But damn straight he was fit, she felt the flex he did and her mind started to wander in an entirely inappropriate direction. Of course she had to bloody apologise, but wait did he enjoy that she was touching him. If that were the case the realisation only made her heart race faster. Taking a few deep breaths tried to regulate her heartbeat, after all they were in Muggle London at a muggle place it shouldn’t be that nerve racking. But that’s exactly what it was.

She laughed at his suggestion that she was sure of herself. She was a healer she had to be just that. “I doubt you'd be complaining Dawson” she smiled slyly at him. The next question Ryder asked made her stop like literally all rational thought vanished from her mind in an instant. Was that his indirect way of saying he did like her? The only guy she had ever dated was somewhat indirect but she stopped talking about him and refocused back on Ryder’s question. She couldn’t possibly answer that, although she did have half an answer in her mind. But she had to give some indication she had at least heard his question. “That wouldn’t be such a bad thing……” she trailed off suddenly finding a spot on the ground rather interesting.

The witch really couldn’t wait to be alone with Ryder, she was half considering asking he wanted to leave the course at this very moment but wasn’t sure how to approach that. It didn’t help that her head was filled with many ideas of how they could spend their time alone. Obviously she had missed intimacy more than she realised.

“Yes you better learn that I am a healer” she replied coyly as she avoided taking a step towards him. She really had this unwavering urge to touch him again. But that would have to wait and she prayed she was able to do just that sooner rather than later. “Calling ourselves the master are we now?” Alex asked him stepping closer to him. “Yes we she should head over to the second hole but tell me Ryder what else are you the master of?” she asked him arching her brow as she bit her lip.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 23, 2015 22:41:32 GMT -5

The man couldn’t help but find himself wondering just how he would act if this were another witch, or if he still could just look at this woman the way he had when she was a student. He could recall a time of just passing her by with a few quick words here and there. Ryder remembered how his words had actually seemed to come to him easy and he wasn’t blushing like an idiot. However, with the woman standing before him now, he could not even begin to understand how he could have just passed her by. Seeing her now had pretty much caused him to stop and pay no attention to anything else around them. Surely, that’s not something that developed overnight. But he had to consider, he had not been around her in a few years. She had changed, and he had as well.

One thing that had changed about him is that he was a lot more serious, but still kept his playful nature. He was serious in his relationships, whether it be friends or colleagues. The wizard wanted intentional relationships, and of course, used his fun-loving nature to build said connections. If him and Alex were to be in a relationship, he wanted it to be the same: a very intentionally, committed situation. Why the hell am I even thinking about that? I don’t even know if she has feelings for me? My thoughts could just be me being delusional! Ryder had wondered if all the drinking he had partaken in was now having a long lasting effect on his brain.

Ryder was also serious about his work. Sure, he could have fun, but he really wanted to make a difference. Right now with his proposal, he needed the minister to see him as diligent and dedicated. Not getting back to as soon as he could after the burn would have been foolish. While he cared so much about his work, he didn’t expect others to as well. That is why it surprised the young man that Alex had even commented. Ryder was taken aback and not sure how to respond right away. “Well, yes, and uhm, no. It is good because it allows us to preserve the few ones we do have. However, now that people are seeing other dragons guarding the vaults, and see it as the Ironbellies as something that is replaceable, and it causes people not to care too much about their extinction. As long as there is some dragon guarding it, many don’t care what breed it is,” the young ministry shared forlornly. This was the hard part of his job. Well this, and the paperwork that the healer so quickly commented on. He laughed at her words. “I don’t think they like the paperwork either though because they have to read over all of it,” he added thoughtfully.

Hearing the healer talk about her job really made Ryder feel just happy for Alex as well as proud of her. Maybe it was a trait of Gryffindors to be truly passionate about what they did. He doubted it though, as when he ran into Callie, she had seemed to be bouncing between jobs trying to find something of interest. The wizard himself was so passionate about what he did that it was reassuring to see someone else feel the same about way about their occupation. The grin on his face became a little more playful and mischievous at the witch’s suggestion of him taking the day off tomorrow. Oh, how he hoped it meant what he thought it did. He looked down at her and found his hand involuntarily moving towards her waist. “And you’d know I would fall into temptation, right?” He paused, gazing into her eyes, and gave a laugh. “I can’t believe you would coax me into that right after I told you my struggles to get back to work after a wonderful healer fixed me up so I could work on my favorite thing: paperwork.” As he gave a small giggle, he let go her waist. He wasn’t sure what had gotten into him and why he thought it was suddenly okay for him to touch her like that. Ryder, like a gentleman, would stop if she asked, but he couldn’t help but get the feeling that her teasing wasn’t really teasing. Maybe that is just what he was hoping for, at least.

The anticipation for Alex’s response to his question was nearly killing Ryder. He felt like he was holding his breath awaiting whatever the answer could be. He hated feeling this… delicate. It was like whatever she said next could potentially cause him to feel broken or elated. His heart raced as he could finally see that Alex was forming words. A sigh of relief, silently escaped from the man. That wouldn’t be so bad. It may be as close as he was going to get to permission to let her know just how much he couldn’t keep his mind off of her. Another smile took refuge on his face when he saw the beautiful woman with him look to the ground. He took her hand in his, and brought her face up to meet his gaze with the other. “Good. Because I don’t just fancy you. I’m pretty sure I adore every damn thing about you.”

Ryder was unsure what brand new confidence overtook him at the moment. Perhaps it was the permission to feel something for her that restored his Gryffindor glory, but with his hands finally meeting her body, he couldn’t think of a better time to do what he had been longing and aching to do since his encounter with the witch at St. Mungo’s. He allowed his hand to slide up her arm and around her back, pulling her close to cause the very small distance that remained them to disappear. His other hand that rested on her face, made its way to the back of Alex’s head which allowed Ryder to pull her closer. A longing breath escaped from his lips onto her’s right before they met. The wizard didn’t hold back. He didn’t make it quick. Instead, he lingered, savoring every bit of the taste of her. He prayed she wouldn’t push him away, but would tell him to stay in her own way.

When he pulled away from her and released his embrace of the healer, he became aware that they were still at the golf course. Sure, it wasn’t the first place he would have deemed romantic for their first kiss, but what could he say? Ryder was a man of passion, and when Alex had spoken those words, it was all he needed to permit himself to act on what he had been feeling for quite some time now. Part of him thought he should apologize, but he didn’t want to. He didn’t regret what he did, unless it was something she didn’t want, and he was confident she would communicate that to him. Until then, all Ryder would regret was not doing this sooner.

Still though, it didn’t change that they were in the middle of their game. That reality began to sink in as he headed to the next hole. As he walked, the next words Alex spoke had really surprised him. Is she…? The thought caused another arousal of sorts for him that was accompanied with a smile and a blush. He gave some thought on a witty response, but he wasn’t a damn Ravenclaw. However, one thought did come rather quickly to him, and since he was so proud of it, he decided to share it. “Taming wild beasts,” he said with a playful grin. “I believe though, it is your turn. I know you said you thought we should stay and continue this game,” he said, providing no effort to hide that he was getting the feeling that maybe the healer no longer wanted to stay.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 27, 2015 6:41:39 GMT -5

Even though she hadn’t been a Ravenclaw Alex still felt she needed to process what the hell these feelings were for her friend. Sure she liked him, she had worked that out a few days ago. But was this right? She had heard of instances where this had happened before and then the friends went on to date each other and things didn’t work out and they broke up. She didn’t want that to happen between her and Ryder. But she wanted to date him and if she was reading his signals correctly he possibly wanted to date her too? She prayed to Merlin she was right in her assumption. But then another thought crept into her head would this go past the healer/patient relationship and stuff up her ethics where that was concerned. No, she didn’t think that it would be an infringement of that. Alex had heard of this happening a number of times in the muggle world, so it was only natural it took place in the muggle realm too, correct?

It had been so long since she had been in relationship, and the last guy she had dated didn’t even count as a proper relationship since they had only gone out a few times during her training. Hell, they hadn’t even slept together. But she wouldn’t mind taking that step with Ryder…..wait Alex you can’t be thinking that about Ryder. And what are you going to do? Take him back to your flat for a shag? For Godric’s sake Alex just stop!

It was very evident to Alex that Ryder was passionate about his work and Dragons in general. It was easy for anyone to pick up on that from the tone he used. She didn’t know a great deal about the creature but hoped that Ryder would enlighten her on the subject even if they were to remain just friends. She had only asked him whether it was a good thing because she as genuinely interested in the topic. She wasn’t up for making up small talk on what seemed to be such a critical subject. “Well that’s terrible” Alexandra frowned. “I do wish you well with your proposal Ryder, I’m not sure who you have to present it to but if it’s the minister I wish you the best of luck. All breeds regardless if they are guarding vaults or not should be protected” She smiled at him earnestly. “I suppose you’re right but some higher-ups have people to do just that for them” the healer shrugged.

To anyone who met Alex they could see she loved what she did. She of course had been encouraged by her parents to pursue a career in the field. Of course having a strong strain of magic had only convinced them further. The smile on her face grew just as his did. She would love for him to join her on her day off. She actually had nothing to do. But if he were around, she wouldn’t face any challenge to occupy her time. As thoughts of what they could do together started to fill her head a smug smile graced her features. “Ryder, I doubt I could convince you do anything of the sort, I know just how dedicated you are to your job” she said with the smile still in place. “But I’ll say just this, if you do take tomorrow off from work I can make it worth your while” she winked before gazing down at his hand to see it move slightly away from her person Alex realised she was behaving so out of character but she couldn’t deny she was having far too much fun. Was it right to be having this kind of fun with a friend? She asked herself. Oh Alex just go with the flow for a change would you?

At the next words to come out of his mouth Alex couldn’t stop her jaw from dropping, he liked her, like in the more than a friend sense. All she could do in response was grin like a fool. “You like me?” the witch asked in a barely there whisper. Well that would be why he was reaching for my waist, right? Friends didn’t do that, did they? She started to converse with herself.

Alex flinched involuntarily as Ryder’s hands came in contact with her body. She easily stepped closer to him as he pulled her closer. It felt right, it was starting to like perfection. He was gentle and slow in his movements as he his hand moved slowly up her arm and around her back. This was something she appreciated coming from him. Instinctively she reached up making it easier for him, well she thought it was instinct, who knew what it was at this point…..Alex certainly didn’t. She let him take the lead in whatever this was, well she knew it was a kiss but she have to work out what this kiss meant at a later time. She felt his breath on her lips before they met. When they met Alex could have melt there on the spot. She moved her hand up his chest and around his neck as she started to return the kiss. She tried to think of what he tasted like, mint? Chocolate? Oh she didn’t care, it was far too incredible for that to even matter.

When he released her, she removed her arm from around his neck and took a step back and stared at the ground for a few moments trying to process what had just happened. “Ryder….” She whispered with a blushing smile as she looked up at him. “…That……that was…..indescribable…..wow” she laughed nervously remembering that had been her exact response when she had hugged him back at St Mungo’s after treating him. At least she hadn't needed to send any subliminal messages for him to make his move. But Merlin was she thankful he had made his move.

Her eyes widened at his answer before a sly smile appeared on her face. “Taming wild beasts….” She repeated, trailing off. She nodded in understanding as she looked at the next hole they were supposed to play and then briefly around the putt putt course. “You know this will always be there…” she gestured around the course. “But let’s seize the moment” she stated as she took his hand and headed to the shop to return their putters before making their way to her flat.

*END OF THREAD*