Pay No Mind||Ryder

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 26, 2015 19:24:38 GMT -5

To say she was nervous would be an understatement. She was early she knew that but it had become a bad habit of hers since she started working at St Mungo’s. Alex glanced at her watch as she waited for him to arrive and noted it was just after 5pm. She sighed to herself as a way of calming herself down. She knew this wasn’t a date but it surely felt like one and people did go on dates to Putt Putt places, she knew that. Instead she told herself they were just old friends hanging out and then possibly having dinner. Alex hadn’t even told Melody about this, knowing full well if she did her sister would read more into it than she should. She loved her little sister but sometimes the girl blew things way out of proportion.

She hoped @ryder ‘s arm was better and that he would actualy be able to play Putt Putt this evening or else this , whatever this would end badly before it even started. Having had the whole day off and even scoring tomorrow off had left the Healer with more time on her hands than she knew what to do with. However, she had managed to clean her flat this morning, not that much effort was required since she was hardly there. And she had even been able to do grocery shopping earlier today which was also good. As she paced outside the place in Wandsworth Park, she briefly offered a small smile to anyone who passed by entering or exiting the park. Alex hoped her pacing didn’t continue much longer as she waited for him to arrive.

Outfit

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 27, 2015 18:51:48 GMT -5

To say that Ryder had been looking forward to this little outing with Alex was an understatement. He had given up trying to figure out what exactly it was that he felt when she was around. For a bit, he had tried to solve it all with the help of alcohol and a little help from his friends, but it proved rather useless. Instead, he was just going to enjoy his time with Alex. How could he not? She was such a delight to him. Plus, playing putt putt was always fun. The ministry worker had a competitive streak in him, and he had always enjoyed playing when he was younger

Once he arrived at the course, he could see his healer friend from a distance. He didn’t need to be up close to see that she looked absolutely adorable in her outfit. A part of him considered running up to her and wrapping his arms around the woman, but he had remembered the last time they hugged and figured that they didn’t need to start off their evening together by being nothing but blushing messes. No, perhaps that would be best saved for after their date. Wait, this isn’t a date. It is just two friends, hanging out, right?

As he approached her, he suddenly found himself feeling very nervous. God, why am I so nervous? It’s just Alex. He had hung out with friends, even ones that were girls, but he had to admit, none were quite as beautiful and charming as Alex. Was that reason to be anxious though? He didn’t quite understand, so he mustered up what courage he could. After all, he was a Gryffindor, was he not. “Well good evening, Miss Wilcox,” he paused and fought the urge to wrap his arm around her waist. Why did I even think that would be a good idea? “You look lovely, by the way.” Dammit, was that acceptable to say? Friends compliment each other, right? “By the way, you did a fine job,” he held out his arm and pulled back his sleeve, “my arm is all better now, so I can defeat you at putt putt,” he laughed.

Outfit ((minus the guitar of course))
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 29, 2015 7:39:41 GMT -5

At the sound of someone addressing her the brunette turned around and grinned at her friend. She looked him over and couldn’t help but find him rather attractive. Ugh, this is what she was hoping wouldn’t happen this evening, after all they were just supposed to be playing Putt Putt and this was NOT a date. If her sister knew of this little meeting she would be sure to tell Alex that she was fooling herself. “Good evening! Ryder” she finally spoke as she hugged him slightly and once again she found herself enjoying being this close to him. Her jaw dropped as she was speechless at his compliment. “Uhhh….thank you Ryder, I’ve had this for ages” she said gesturing to her outfit. It was true, she hadn’t been shopping for new clothes or this evning, however she had been very careful in choosing what to wear for whatever this was with her friend. “You look pretty slick yourself RJ, maybe if there are any single ladies inside you can charm them” she said in a teasing manner but was partially serious since she wanted her friend to find happiness with someone special too. Looking at his arm, she smirked. “Well of course I did, someone after all did tell me I was the best healer the hospital had” she winked at him.

“So shall we head inside?” she asked looking over her shoulder at the little booth where people paid and got their clubs and balls. As they walked inside, the witch couldn’t help but notice how comfortable she was with Ryder by her side. Out of the corner of her eye she looked at him, seeing just how cute he was. Once they had their clubs she turned to him. “So Dawson, what’s the wager if either of us win?” she asked curiously, wondering if he had anything in mind. She wasn’t sure if he knew of her competitive streak or not but he was going to see it for himself very soon.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 4, 2015 19:47:49 GMT -5

There was a thought that crossed Ryder’s mind as he stood before this woman that he found to be completely and utterly attractive. This thought was more of question, just something he was curious about. He pondered just how Alex would react if she knew just how much he couldn’t stop thinking about her. In many of his spare moments, he replayed the blushing she had caused him and the embrace that had sent him to near convulsion with just how amazing it had felt. The man shuddered at the thought that she would find out and be horrified. He certainly didn’t want that. No, Ryder had found himself wanting to spend more and more time with her.

It really hadn’t been that long since they last saw each other, but he hated that how long he had to wait to see her again. However, it was all okay now. She was here, and in one fluid motion, she wrapped her arms around him. Ryder had had his fair share of drunken nights, even some that occurred since the last time the two saw each other, but nothing intoxicated him quite like this. He let his arms encompass her waist, trying his hardest to not let himself fall into euphoria he had last time he was this close to her. Of course to do this, it required him letting go way sooner than he would have liked to.

His hand tried to move the curls from his forehead as he gazed at the healer’s loveliness again. She seemed so modest about how gorgeous she really was as she passed off his compliment with something about how the outfit was one she had forever. “You can’t have had it forever. I certainly would remember you wearing this at school.” He realized how much that conveyed his inner thoughts and wondered if maybe he should have filtered them. The filter he had was busted as far as he was concerned, as a recent conversation with Dylan had proven, granted he had been rather drunk then. Would I have really remembered this outfit? Ryder tried to think back to see if he could recall other outfits she had. All he was coming up with was school uniforms. Did I really not pay that much attention to her? That’s silly. I had to. I mean, how could I not have?

Ryder smirked at her words when she told him he was dressed well and he could charm some single girls. Really, he wasn’t interested in that. “I think I’m more interested in enjoying my time with you. Sound fair?” He smiled and gave her one of his winks. He knew she was teasing, but some part of him was upset that she would think he would want to pay attention to anyone else with her around. Ah, what the hell is wrong with me? She’s my friend! I can’t think of her like this.

One thing Ryder knew he could really enjoy about Alex was just her humor and teasing nature. Her smile was stunning to him. He found himself wanting to make sure she continued to smile… a lot. Alex joked about how someone told her that she was the best healer, and he laughed, catching the obvious hint that she was referring to him. “Sounds like an intelligent person that told you that. I think I could agree,” he said with a smirk. At that moment, something burst through him dying to touch the woman, whether it was place his hand on her shoulder, nudge her, or hold her hand. Yes, hold her hand. That is what he wanted to do, but he knew he shouldn’t.

At her cue to head inside, Ryder panicked. This wasn’t a date, but he felt like he should pay for her. Shit, what do I do? He began an internal battle with himself about if he should pay or not. However, he ended up settling on not paying, simply because she had asked him here. It still made him feel guilty. Ryder instantly wanted to make it up to her, to take her somewhere and pay for her. Or wait… would that be seen as a date? He pondered it more, and then realized that maybe he didn’t really care if it was. Maybe that’s what he wanted. Dammit! Stop that shit, Ryder! She’s your friend. That. Is. It.

Alex asked for a wager, and for some odd reason. it was a turn on for Ryder. He could appreciate a girl with a little bit of a competitive streak, as he had one himself. Trying not to let his sudden arousal interfere with the topic at hand, he swung his club in the air as he thought about a good prize. Ah, this is perfect. “How about if I win, you let me take you out for dinner sometime? And if you win? Well that won’t happen, so I think we’re all set,” he said with a teasing laugh directed at her. For fear of retaliation. “Seriously though, what do you want just in case pigs start flying and you do indeed win?” He gave her a smile with a bit of a gleam in his eyes that indicated that he was just enjoying messing with her.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 7, 2015 7:14:19 GMT -5

Hugging Ryder was an indescribable feeling. The only person she would possibly be able to explain it to was Ryder himself and she was about to do that. The sorting hat really did get is wrong when it placed her in Gryffindor as she possessed no bravery whatsoever in regards to admitting her feelings for him if really that was whatever she had been experiencing since she had seen him at St Mungo’s. having her arms around him now was so different from all those years ago. When she had bid him farewell when he had graduated, they had parted as friends and now after all these years, everything was so different. It was felt so good, so perfect. And that scared Alex a little. Was it right for her to be feeling this way about him? Her eyes widened when his hands settled on her waist, she was glad he couldn’t her reaction. Thank Merlin! She would have loved to have stayed like that forever but of course they couldn’t since they were only friends. She was grateful when Ryder was the first one to let go, because she was sure she couldn’t have brought herself to do so.

Alex shook her head a little as she was broken out of her trance from their embrace as she looked up at him. The wizard had always had curly hair but now she was just paying closer to attention to it, she had to admit he did have very nice hair. She was cut off from her thoughts at his response and her jaw dropped slightly and she was speechless for a few moments. Luckily she recovered quickly so she could respond. “I didn’t mean literally RJ, it’s a figure of speech. The Jacket I got a few years back and the rest of it probably last year” she told him rolling her eyes and with an amused smile on her face. Did he really pay attention to what she wore in school? Merlin she hoped not, her wardrobe hadn't been anything too spectacular back then.

The healer looked around and saw that there were other people in the putt putt course around their age and some were girls too. She smirked at his response. Once again only this guy could make her go through this roller-coaster of emotions. “Yes very fair, and I better make it worth your while hadn't I?” Alex asked looking up at him with a sly smile. Of course she had meant it come across as a joke but she realised he could have taken it as a serious comment too. She figured that even if there were any fit looking guys around she wouldn’t be able to keep her eyes off Ryder.

Oh they have a brilliant mind” she agreed with him. It was true, though they were a year apart at school, they had often discussed classes and assignments when she wasn’t lost in the aisles of the library and he wasn’t off doing something stupid with his friends. He was a smart guy Alex knew that, you had to be if you did want he with working with dragons. “I’m happy that you healed up nicely. So, been up to much since I last saw you?” she asked as her voice slightly shook from her nerves. It was that stupid roller-coaster again. Thankfully they were all positive feelings.

The woman happily paid for their game, after all she had invited him out and it wasn’t a date. Even if it were a date she would be happy to pay for it. However if he really insisted , she would let him fork out for it. But she reminded herself it wasn’t a date, it was just two old friends hanging out in Muggle London playing putt putt. A completely normal thing to do. Yes, very normal, nothing extraordinary about it. Oh for Godric’s sake why was she even feeling this way about her friend?

She was completely thrown off by the wager he put forward. Dinner? Yes dinner was fine. It would be rather nice too, since she rarely dined outside of home or the hospital. “Yes, dinner would be rather nice” she smirked at him. Flipping hell! What if she just agreed to a date? “Scared Dawson?” she asked with a mischievous smile. “How about if I win you clean my flat for me when I go to Paris?” she asked putting forward her wager as she slung her club over her heel and looked up at him with a smirk cemented on her face.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 14, 2015 10:50:18 GMT -5

The wizard was starting to really come to terms with the fact that he may just have feelings for Alex. For crying out loud, was it normal to get this giddy, goofy, and nervous over someone that was just a friend? But he couldn’t admit it. Ryder didn’t want to jeopardize their friendship, even though he wasn’t certain if she felt the same way or not. Part of him thought she did, but was he just being hopeful and wanting her to feel that way? It was so confusing. Sure he had dated girls, but he didn’t feel like he ever actually cared for them like he did with Alex. And bloody hell, we aren’t even dating!

Even now, he was sure he was reading too much into it. He thought for sure he saw her jaw drop when he had complimented her, but she recovered so quickly that it couldn’t have been the case. Of course he knew she was being figurative; he had just wanted to sort of give a subtle compliment on how absolutely stunning she looked. “I know, I just… uh, I really like the outfit is all,” he said rather shyly. Some Gryffindor you are, chum. You don’t even have enough courage to act sane around this woman.

Something in what she said sent Ryder’s mind running frantic, but in the best way possible. Perhaps it was her tone, mixed with the sly smile and her wording that had caused some sort of uproar inside of him. When she had said that she better make it worth his while, there was no other way of putting it; it was downright sexy to hear her say it. How could she expect me to even think about other girls when she talks like that? The wizard fought the urge to scoop Alex up right then and there and take her back to his place. Oh bloody hell, I need to stop having these thoughts.

The man could feel red rising up to his ears as he scratched the back of his head. Did she really think he was smart? It was kind of amusing to him if she did, considering he had done his fair share of idiotic things with his buddies in their years as students. One of these stupid things included luring owls in that were carrying letters and swapping the letters for fake messages. Ryder was not proud that he had caused his fair share of breakups throughout his time at Hogwarts. Before he allowed himself to go on a trip down memory lane, he heard Alex speak again, and her voice was so enchanting that it practically beckoned him back to reality. “Yes, it healed up quite well. Thank you for your help, seriously.”

When she agreed to his terms if he won, Ryder had to argue with himself to not jump for joy. He had never been so determined to win, not even when he competed in Quidditch. He smiled, but it quickly went away when he heard her wager. See, it was in these moments that made him think that maybe he really was just being too hopeful that Alex shared his feelings. He tried to smile again, but it wasn’t as genuine as the others. “Well, you take no prisoners, do you Miss Wilcox,” he said thinking that his wager was clearly a lot nicer than hers. Then, it dawned on him that maybe if he did have to clean her flat, he could surprise her somehow. He knew he shouldn’t think it, but he couldn’t help himself. “Fine, fair enough. Although, I wasn’t aware you planned on going to Paris. When is that?” Really he wanted to also ask how long she would be gone because he didn’t like the idea of her being away for so long, but he didn’t want to sound too desperate.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 17, 2015 6:51:49 GMT -5

This evening was going well so far for Alex, she hadn’t said or done anything to embarrassing. But then again they hadn’t even started on the course yet. Hopefully she wouldn’t embarrass herself in from of Ryder, she had no idea how he would react. Perhaps he would make fun of her or he could reassure her that nothing was bad about getting six above par on particular hole, she would have to wait and see. It dawned on her that Ryder was kind of quieter than usual and the witch wondered why that was. She was normally the silent one, except when she was at work or with him, ironically enough. Alex did think it was particular on his part but didn’t comment on it.

Damn! He had been paying attention to what she had worn in school or had he? Right now she was confused on that front. Thank Merlin she had perfected he reaction to things that surprised her, like Ryder’s compliment in this case. Being a healer prepared you for a lot it seemed, even situations outside of work. “Well thank you” she smiled back, blushing slightly. Well now we are both shy aren’t we?Good thing we both look pretty smick right?” the healer joked as she looked the wizard up and down quickly. Though she couldn’t even work out why she had just made that joke.

Maybe because she had only seen Ryder a few days ago or perhaps she decided to finally be brave, she noticed herself being a lot more confident around him. This kind of scared Alex a little, since she couldn’t exactly predict any rash action she might do. Not that she was planning on doing anything, of course. Really though she was hoping that Ryder and her had a good night together, strictly as friends. She would continue to deny those surfacing feelings for now.

Well…..that was odd, he didn’t answer her question? He can’t have done nothing since they last saw each other? Alex knew her friend was popular and had many other friends. Even though it would have benefited him, she was sure that he hadn't sat around his flat as arm healed up. Looking at his arm she smiled up at him. Patients often thanked her for healing them. But this patient of hers was different, since she had never treated anyone this close to her before. Thank Merlin she had never had to treat her family. “There’s no need to thank me, honestly it’s all part of the exception service we provide at St Mungo’s” she winked at him. What the heck woman? Why are you winking him? He’s your friend nothing more, unless you want it to be something more……….

Having dinner with Ryder would be nice, girl and guy friends ate out often together, no big deal. But she still made a mental note that if they did go out to dinner that she would have to go shopping. “Nope” she replied shaking her head in reply to his comment about her taking no prisoners. “It’s my hobby on the side to saving lives” she joked as she started walking out towards the course, assuming he would follow. “Oh” she said turning around to face him. It occurred to her that she hadn't even told him that her sister-in-law was pregnant. “Next week, you remember my older brother Andrew right? Well he and his wife had a baby two days ago, she was born two weeks early” she informed Ryder grinning. She really was excited to be an aunty and very relieved that her all was well with her niece with her early birth. Alex was about to turn around but took a moment and took a deep breath. She was about to ask if he wanted to come over but didn’t know how he would react since she had already suggested Putt putt. Maybe he would think she had feelings for him…….and she did even if they were of the teeny tiny variety. “Speaking my flat…..it’s actually down the road, if you want come over after our game?” she asked looking up at him as she bit her lip.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 21, 2015 13:24:42 GMT -5

The two Gryffindors had always been friends back in the day, so of course, Ryder had paid attention to Alex. Sure, he may not have seen her in the light that he did now, but he did pay attention to her. In fact, he always believed her to be intriguing. Perhaps he didn’t pay attention to much what she wore. Hell, they were usually covered up in their robes anyway, but he would like to think if she wore the outfit she did now, he would have remembered. Merlin, had she always been that beautiful? Everything about her was charming. Even in the way she thanked him and complimented him, he found her irresistible. So much so that he almost forgot to speak. When he realized he should, as she had complimented him, he cleared his throat. “Uhm, yes, I suppose we are pretty snazzy, huh?”

Ryder knew he had intentionally kind of dodged the question that his friend had asked him. He had hoped she didn’t notice and just would accept it was one of those things where there were much more important things to talk about rather than how one had been. Truthfully, he had no desire to dive into telling her that he had been spending many nights rather intoxicated in part because he had been rather confused about her. The other part of him that contributed to his drunkenness was that he often made poor life choices.

In reality, he wouldn’t want to do anything that might scare the adorable woman off. Yes, she was quite adorable with her blushing and now winking as she told him that healing him was no problem. Really, if he told her that he couldn’t stop thinking about her, how would she react? Unfortunately, though he was a former Gryffindor, he wasn’t quite brave enough to find out. Instead, he just wanted to enjoy her, and savor each little thing the witch did. The wizard would just admire it all in his mind. But he knew there would be moments where he couldn’t just stay silent and watch her. He would have to carry a conversation, which he didn’t mind. It was a pure joy to talk to her, but he wouldn’t deny that he felt like it was hard to think of the right words to say to her. “Well, still, I’m thanking you. You took time out to help me.”

He smirked at the girl when she joked with him about how she took no prisoners. It was the only suitable reaction that came to his mind. In reality, what he really wanted to do was just take her in his arms and tease her back, whether that be through joking with her, tickling her, or even kissing her. Woah, holy shit Ryder! She is your friend. You can’t just do that shit with friends. Sadly, he couldn’t help it. He was finding her hard to resist. Just keep talking and keep your head afloat, Dawson. She mentioned her brother Andrew, and Ryder nodded as he remembered the bloke. “Oh really? Well tell him congrats for me, and congrats to you Aunt Alex. I trust all is well with the baby. Boy or girl,” he asked secretly hoping it was a girl as he thought Alex would do well with a niece.

When he heard the next words from the healer, Ryder’s heart seemed to skip a few beats. She was inviting him back to her apartment. Oh how he wanted to go, but he knew where his thoughts had been leading him and he feared what he would try to do if alone with Alex. Would she let him though? I mean, here she was, inviting him back to her place. Could she want it to? Don’t be ridiculous. She is probably just inviting you back because that is what friends do. He would accept, but a large part of him wanted to feel it out, to see just how much Alex would let him get away with, or how far he would let her go. Were they just friends, or was there more? “Sure, I wouldn’t mind coming over,” he said, scooting closer to her in hopes she would catch on to hi subtle hint. It had been a while since he had done some quality flirting with someone, so he hoped he still had some game.

The two ventured up to the first hole. It was standard, like most first holes are on putt-putt courses. “Well, ladies first,” he said with a sly smile. Though he had manners, he also wanted to see if his former schoolmate was as good at putt putt as she was claiming to be with a wager like the one she made.

Golf Course
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 23, 2015 6:59:25 GMT -5

The witch tried to recall when she had last ‘checked out ‘ a wizard and was drawing a blank on a specific time. Sure from time to time she did treat attractive wizards, present company included but there was something different about Ryder, perhaps it was the familiarity she had with him. Even back during their Hogwarts days Alex tried to recall if she had ever seen her friend in something other than his school robes and only times she could think of was at school balls. And really the school robes left a lot to the imagination of students. Looking up at him Alex realised he had gone quiet on her, which was very unlike his usual self. This was rather curious. She was about the question if all was well when he spoke, much to her relief. “Spoken like a true Gryffindor” she summarised for him with a bright smile.

If he was not going to answer her question then Alex would just ask another one. “How’s work been? I assume you’re back at the ministry yeah?” she asked him casually. Surely that was a question he could easily answer. Plus she knew that Ryder was passionate about his job, having picked that up when she had treated him at St Mungo’s. She just hoped her friend hadn’t rushed out to try and wrangle another dragon. Looking at his arm it may have been better but she would rather not have had to treat him again for the same or similar injury. Alex knew she would have very well teased him about what he had been up since they last seen each other by saying he had been on a hot date or something but she would honestly rather not know if that had been the case. Nevertheless he was dating another witch she would still be happy for him, Ryder was her friend so of course she should be. But something in Alex wished it was her that he was dating. Oh Merlin!
She noticed he was talking a lot less so far this evening and wondered why that was, surely he can’t have lost all of his bravery traits? Was she mean to carry on the conversation because she had asked him to Putt Putt? Was that her role? Somehow she doubted it was. And what in Godric’s good name was she winking about. She never did that with anyone. Alex was usually the recipient of winks normally from male patients trying to sweet talk her out of taking their potions or trying to flirt with her. Really being a twenty-something female healer at St Mungo’s did open her up to that, she knew. “Ryder….it’s my job to take care of people, friends included” she smiled softly up at him.

Alex arched her brow at her friend’s smirk. Something told her that he too wouldn’t be holding back during this game or letting her win. She was fine with either way, after all she would end up with a clean flat or a dinner out. Secretly though, she hoped it was the second option. Not that she was going to lose on purpose. She laughed at his question, he must be seriously distracted by something he hadn't heard her say she now had a niece. “Yes thank you, she’s all good, a nice healthy weight and all. Her name is Emilie. And not only am I her aunt but I’m also her godmother” the witch informed Ryder. The baby may only be a few days old but Alex was already proud of her. It was possible that she wouldn’t be able to stop talking about her and she hadn’t even met her niece yet.

Waiting for him to say yes or not to coming over to flat was nerve-racking for Alex. What if she had given him the wrong message? But she maybe she wanted to give him that message. Oh Godric the is so confusing. The witch told herself. She was just being friendly but she did want something more to happen when they were alone at her place? The brunette reminded herself that Ryder was only her friend though she wanted him to be more than that. When stepped closer to her Alex chuckled. “You want to come over now Mister Dawson? Wouldn’t you rather we have our game first?” she asked him in partly flirtatious tone. The game now couldn’t end quickly enough in Alex’s opinion.

Alex looked at the hole and shook her head at Ryder’s comment. “You mean beauty and brains before brawn?” she asked him smirking. Alex placed the ball on the spot marked out on the astro turf then tried to gauge where she should aim it to possibly get a hole in one. Hitting the ball with her putter she watched as it stopped mere centimetres from the hole. Rolling her eyes she turned towards Ryder. “Well then RJ, let’s see what you've got”  she challenged him as she stepped aside so he could have his turn.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 3, 2015 22:47:41 GMT -5

Ryder hated where his mind was taking him, but he couldn’t help it. He couldn’t help but to imagine the witch examining him more. She was a healer after all. The wizard imagined her running her hands over his shoulder and chest. Even the thought of Alex touching him was enough to send chills down his spine. Stop thinking about this. Just stop. His self-talk was pointless. Now, he envisioned the healer letting him examine her in a similar manner. Dammit! Stop! She’s your friend! He could feel heat rising inside of him as blood flushed to his cheeks. He seriously hopes she wouldn’t notice for fear of her asking why he was so flushed. Ryder was a shitty liar at best. Instead, he just smiled and scratched the back of his head at her comment about being a true Gryffindor.

It wasn’t too much of a surprise that Alex would ask how work was since he had sort of ignored her original question. Life in general, he preferred not to talk about. However, the bloke figured he could at least talk about work. “Yeah, I went back,” he paused to look at his healed arm. Really, the burn wouldn’t have prevented the bloke from working, but he was glad that it had caused him to run into the woman now with him. “Work has been fine. I’m brainstorming ideas for a proposal on efforts to help prevent the Ironbellies from going extinct.” The former dragonkeeper had made a promise to his friend, Dylan, who was still in the business about seeing if there was anything the ministry could do. Ryder hoped that by doing so, it may restore Grier’s faith in the ministry, even if it was just a little. “Although I have to admit, the paperwork side of my job is not my strong suit. I would rather be out with the dragons, but I suppose this stuff needs done too,” he sighed. “What about you? How has work been for you?”

Upon hearing that it was her job to take care of people, Ryder made an exaggerated gesture as he tried to feign a look that indicated she had hurt him. “Wait. Alex, are you saying you wouldn’t have helped me out if you weren’t a healer? If I get injured by a flying golf ball hitting my head tonight and get knocked unconscious, would you just leave me here because you are not on duty,” he asked, obviously teasing the witch. He knew she would have never done such a thing. Alex had a good heart, and it was one of the many things he adored about her. That and just how beautiful she is. Dammit, why do I keep thinking about her like that? Ryder started to wonder if maybe he should only hang out with the woman in the winter, where her body would be fully covered and his mind wouldn’t wonder what may lie underneath.

He tried to gage Alex’s reactions, but it was a failed effort. The ministry worker wanted to see just how competitive the witch may be. He also feared that she may be an excellent putt-putt player and that is why she recommended it for their little outing. But Ryder didn’t want to gage that right now. He would rather listen to the witch tell him more about her life and her family. “She sounds absolutely perfect. I’m glad you’ll get to see her. And wow, a godmother. Look at you!” Ryder thought about his brother. Noah was the older of the two, but he hadn’t completely settled down and had a child yet. Yes, he had some woman that Ryder suspected he would marry eventually and maybe then, Ryder could be an uncle, but that would still be a little ways away.

It delighted Ryder to know that the witch wanted him to come over. Truth be told, he was rather eager for it. He felt that maybe in the solitude of her apartment, he could figure out just where they stood or how she felt. Was the tension between them just in his head? Were they really just friends? He had to find out, and finding out may require some action on his part, but he would gladly do so. Unfortunately, his former school mate had caught on to his eagerness. His face, once again, filled with the scarlet shade that he hated to show off. However, instead of retreating to shyness, he decided to be very forward with the woman, just to see how she would take it, as it would help him try to start figuring out things. “Either option sounds fine to me, as long as I get to spend time with you.” There was a part of him that wanted to scream that he very much would prefer to go back to her apartment, but knowing that they had already paid for their games, he knew they should stay.

Alex had quite the sarcastic tendency, which Ryder found absolutely wonderful. He smirked back at her and debated trying to trip her with his gold club, but decided against it. After he watched her ball stop very close to the hole, he gave her an encouraging smile. “Ah, so close, Miss Wilcox!” At her words, he lined his ball up with the starting point. The bloke stood in position, and swung his club. It hit the ball, and he watched as the ball seemed to dance itself around the hole and scoot along the edge, putting it just behind the hole. “Damn,” he said quietly.