8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Aug 4, 2016 16:39:58 GMT -5

ABSENCES LIST
Unfortunately, there are times when we won't be around (sometimes for fun reasons, like vacations!) and sometimes for less than fun reasons, like overwhelming real life. If either of those situations happen, we would just love for you to let us know! But sometimes it's hard to know if someone is ever coming back, or if they are gone for good! Out of site, out of mind (get it? I'm clever) So we just need this information from you when you're going on an absence!

• Reason for absence (as much as you're comfortable saying, we understand!)
  • Start date of absence
  • Estimated return date

Now, guys... we have gotten rid of Thread Monitoring. That means that threads are all saved for three months! So if you think you're going to be on and posting at all, then you don't need to post an absence! An absence is when you honestly think that you're just going to be off site. We no longer have a need for a partial absence, now that we eliminated the Thread Monitoring system! So if you have something going on that will have you posting less, you can definitely feel free to tell us in announcements. But it will not count as a full absence! I hope that makes sense :D definitely tell us if there is something going on with you that will have you posting less. But without Thread Monitoring, we've found we only really need one kind of absence! An absence will keep you safe from Canon Strikes, but it will not protect threads from being archived. This is because three months is a long, long time for a thread to not have a reply!

For our summer-time experiment on new activity rules: an absence will not protect your characters from being deemed Inactive. For the new ACs, you have to post a link to proof that your character has one active thread since the last Activity Check that you have posted in. The last activity check was in April -- so even if you were on an absence for a good chunk of June, a few weeks in May, you were still around for the most part between the months of April-June! If you are on an absence, you do not need to POST in the AC if you are not going to be online. But on July 1st, staff will go through and check your threads for you!

So please just post below with the following form if you're going on an absence!

[b]Member Name:[/b]
[b]Reason for Absence:[/b]
[b]Absence Start Date:[/b]
[b]Estimated Return Date:[/b]

Amelia Aziza Travers
Amelia Aziza Travers Avatar
Slytherin
780 posts
Eighteen years old
Assistant to the Head of the Department of International Cooperation
First Year Alchemy Student
First Year Political Science Student at Lufkin University
Ministry
played by Steph
"you should see me in a crown"
options

Post by Amelia Aziza Travers on Jun 22, 2019 18:41:21 GMT -5

Member Name: Steph
Reason for Absence: Laptop issues +...schedule might be weird for picking it up
Absence Start Date: 6/08
Estimated Return Date: First or second full weekend in July, as I won’t be able to pick it up until it’s on a weekend.
I might be able to run to a library every so often to put on posts, but...
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 19, 2019 21:12:10 GMT -5

Member Name: Mya
Reason for Absence:

So this is a spotty absence indicator LOL Starting the week of the 22nd I have a LOTTTT of appointments scheduled for my son to get him started with therapy. I have to meet with doctors, the state, therapists, etc so my stress level is going to be through the roof and whenever that happens I can never seem to get a post out so for the sake of stressful situations I am going to say expect me to be spotty at best July 22-August 2nd. THEN August 3rd-11th expect me not to be on at all. Even on discord, I'm afraid, because we are going on vacation to visit my family and I will have zero internet service! So I will be an actual ghost for that week. I will be available through text and if you want my number absolutely feel free to ask me and I will dole it out!

Also, just throwing this out here as an FYI to everyone but my husband and I have come to an agreement that weekends will be strictly for family time so I will no longer be on during weekends at all. I will still be available on discord/messenger/snapchat/whatever but I won't be on site, y'dig?

Absence Start Date: June 20, 2019
Estimated Return Date: August 12, 2019