0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2015 18:22:32 GMT -5

Luca Thomas Devon
74 - Male - Halfblood - 03/13/1941

Unemployed

Appearance and Personality
General Appearance: Short, often spiked, dark brown hair. Luca has a very defined jaw and square chin with a light covering of facial hair. His eyes appear either blue or a light, sea green depending on the light. He stands at approximately 6' 1" and has a very easy going air about him while still appearing mildly predatory.
Sexual Orientation: Everything
Skills: Playing the piano, Hiding/Sneaking about,
Weaknesses: Deep waters, Complete darkness (ironic and inconvenient, I know), Not knowing
Positive Personality Traits: Calm in the face of danger, Slow to anger (it often dissipates before it really builds), Optimistic
Negative Personality Traits: Explosive temper, Hates what he is, Will sometimes purposely starve himself
Hobbies and Interests: Writing, Long walks in the evening, Swimming, Classical music
Character History:
Luca was born in the midst of the second World War. Being part of the Wizarding community, his family was sheltered from the worst of it. However, given that he was born in the middle of the Blitz, things weren't exactly rainbows and sunshine. His family made it through the war relatively unscathed, though, and rebuilt easily enough. His sisters arrived into the world barely two years after the war and he was smitten from day one.

His magic presented itself at the age of 6 while climbing trees in his parent's back yard. He was thrilled to attend Hogwarts when his letter arrived, and bounced with every step all the way to the train. He spoke reverently of the castle and its wonders to his sisters' wide-eyed stares. Sorted into Ravenclaw without hesitation, he was openly fascinated with everything to do with magic. By no means an unpopular child or shy child, Luca was never lacking for friends or company despite his sometimes manic moods. He had wondrous dreams of becoming an Unspeakable when he grew up, and did his very best to achieve those goals.

He passed with exceptional marks and while he knew he had the grades to enter his profession of choice, he decided to see the world a bit before settling. His travels took him all over the world, studying the various Magical--and a few Muggle--cultures along the way. Luca wrote letters to his family as often as possible, though some were simply photos with a few words scribbled on the back. At the age of thirty, after over ten years of travels, he stumbled upon a group of Vampires entirely by accident. He was turned, against his will, and left for the sun. By some miracle, he managed to crawl to a sufficiently shaded area until he regained his strength. That first week was spent hiding in an abandoned warehouse while he resisted the urge to carve out his own heart. He tried to resist the urge to feed as much as possible at first, which lead to fits of blood-lust that he has only hazy memories of. He knows he killed innocents in the early few years before he managed to gain some semblance of control over himself, and he regrets every single one of them to this day.

It took years to train himself not to jump every passing human, and he still has nightmares--the rare times he sleeps. He never returned home, terrified of what his family would think of him. He did attend their funerals when they were killed for being "blood-traitors" during Voldemort's first rise, though he stood far back and didn't interact with anyone there.

He's been reluctant to become close to anyone, though he did fall in love once. She never knew what he is, and he still dreams of her to this day. Unfortunately, he never had to watch her age because she died during Voldemort's second rise.

With his inability to perform magic, any job in the Magical world is unavailable, this includes his dream job with the Unspeakables. Because of this, he works sporadically as a bouncer at several Muggle night clubs for a bit of spare cash. The money left to him by his family is enough to live comfortably without a job for a long while, but he doesn't like living on that alone so he mostly uses it to pay for necessities and little else. He's trying to acclimate back into regular society as best he can, but it's a long process that may take years--even decades--before he's comfortable with his life.

Plots and Politics
Where does your character stand in the treatment of death eaters and their families? He thinks they have the potential to reform given the opportunity, but he also believes that they should pay penance for their crimes.

How was your character and their family affected by the reign and death of Voldemort? He was there for it all, the rise and fall both times. He still remembers the fear that spread through the British Wizarding community like a flood. When he heard of the Dark Lord's true and final death, he was relieved beyond belief.

Family
Parents: Helena Devon - Deceased, Jacob Devon - Deceased
Siblings: Lena Devon - Deceased, Lyla Devon - Deceased
Children: None
Partner: None
Other Relevant Family: None
Family History:
Helena and Jacob were part of an arranged marriage, their wealthy families desirous of an advantageous union. They got along well enough that they weren't horribly opposed to the marriage. Five years into their marriage, they had Luca, relieved to have a son on the first try, they agreed to try once more for a 'spare'. When they had twin girls instead, they weren't unhappy, and loved them all the same.

Helena was a loving mother, if a little distant at times, but she was honest to her core. Jacob wasn't home often, his job taking him out at all hours, but he wasn't a neglectful father. The pair of them made no illusions of their relationship around their children, but they didn't dislike each other. When Luca decided to travel instead of getting a job after school, they were mildly disappointed but they could see how happy their son was on his travels so they left it alone.

The twins were both sorted into Ravenclaw like their brother and endeavored to follow in his footsteps. They obtained high marks and immediately entered jobs with the Ministry after school. They were nearly forty when they were killed for being 'blood-traitors'.

Other: He's a Vampire.

Bekah
@tabby and @mememe

Have you read the site plot, rules, and timeline?
Yes

How did you hear about Insurrection?
Google

Roleplay Sample
Hi again!

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jul 13, 2015 19:43:46 GMT -5

Hey Bekah! I LOVE VAMPIRES. The only problem is that a vampire can't have a job. They lose their ability to perform magic as witches and wizards can and can no longer use a wand once they turn. For more information about that and other vampire things, you can look here. Though that does make me sad since that job makes him not as depressed! But yes, as a vampire he really can't have a job. So if you could change that, then I can accept him!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2015 20:01:35 GMT -5

Okay, I think I fixed it. I've had him bouncing around my brain for a while now and had to make him.
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jul 13, 2015 20:50:38 GMT -5

Accepted
Well I'm so EXCITED YOU MADE HIM. Vampires are my FAVORITE!!
*cough* and he's sexy