Birthday Wishes

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2015 18:11:02 GMT -5

Salutations Samuel Professor Copeland,

First of all, I just wanted to thank you for lunch. I had a great time, and it was wonderful to get to know a colleague a little better. Maybe we can do it again sometime.

Also, I remembered it was your birthday today. I wasn’t sure if gift giving would be frowned upon as we are coworkers, but I figured I couldn’t go wrong with making you something that you could put in your office. I apologize that it isn’t as nice as I would have liked. I’m not that artistic. I’m afraid that talent went to my sister Iris. Anyway, I haven’t seen the inside of your office, but I am almost confident that this will do nicely in it.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and I am sure I will see you around soon (summer is going by so quickly).

Sincerely,
@daisy

ENCLOSED: GIFT

@samuel

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2015 6:30:36 GMT -5

To @daisy,

It was an immense surprise to receive your owl. Firstly please call me Samuel, we are on holiday I think that can be allowed. I too had a lovely time at lunch and likewise I thought it was great to get to know each other better. I would very much like to catch up with you again.

Your gift is very much pleasant surprise. How did you know my couch didn’t have any cushions on it? And I don’t think gift giving is frowned upon where co-workers are concerned. I think the gift is brilliant, the wording is very appropriate for a Gryffindor even a former one like myself. For the moment it will sit on the couch in my flat as well I’ve yet to head to my office in the castle. For now I’d rather enjoy the summer which as you say is going by so fast.

Speaking of, I would like to invite you to my flat for tea. Believe it or not I can manage to make tea and even sandwiches, if you’re lucky I might even bake something. I might need to practice that beforehand. I would also appreciate your opinion on where to put your cushion, as you can imagine I have no decorating skills.

Thank you very much for your birthday wishes and I hope I will see you soon.

Kind Regards

Samuel
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2015 20:48:59 GMT -5

Hello again, Professor Samuel,

You’ll have to forgive me. In my past experiences teaching, I was not permitted to call colleagues by their first names, but I think you are right. With being on holiday, it should be fine. Plus, McGonagall refers to us by our first names all of the time, does she not? Then again, she’s our boss, so, maybe she is just allowed to do that.

Anyway, I am happy to hear it was good for both parties. I would rather like to catch up sometime, so tea at your place sounds rather agreeable. But please, don’t go through any trouble for me. Oh, and perhaps we could finally have that guitar lesson like we talked about during the school term. Is there anything I should bring?

And about the gift, I promise I didn’t know it would be so useful. I just figured you may like it. I have a Ravenclaw one in my office, and I’m rather fond of it. :) I will be happy to help you find an appropriate place for it. But let’s be honest: any place on the couch is a good place for it.

I look forward to seeing you again. Just let me know a good day to come over.

-Daisy
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2015 23:46:03 GMT -5

Dear Daisy,

Well at Hogwarts I believe the majority of staff are very relaxed when it comes to addressing each other so yes, we do call each other by our first names. And I think that is both during the school term and when we are on holidays. Professor McGonagall does address me as Professor Copeland but she’s the headmistress and I am in no position to correct her.

I am glad you have accepted my invitation for tea. I look forward to it. And who says it’s trouble? I don’t eat at the castle during the summer holidays so I do cook at home, well not that I’m great at it or anything. And yes we could definitely have that guitar lesson, I trust you are still keen to learn? You need not bring anything but yourself Daisy.

Well then let me confirm that yes your gift is very suitable. I do need some touch Gryffindor in my house, even being head of house it is lacking. And I think this cushion is most appropriate. Like I said I have no eye for design, even placement of cushion is a struggle.

How does next Sunday (26/07) sound? Say around 3pm? That gives me enough time to clean.

I hope this time is agreeable for you. I very much look forward to your company for tea.

- Samuel

*END OF THREAD*