0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2015 13:37:18 GMT -5

Zachary Richards
58 - Male - Halfblood - 06/05/1957

Deputy Headmaster

Appearance and Personality
General Appearance: Zachary is a average tall man, with a grey-brownish hair color. Giving him a elderly look. His facial hair give him away he doesn't shave. For a person his age, his build is healthy except for the fact he walks around with a cane thanks to a injury.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Skills: Dueling, Healing, Herbs, Intelligence, Organisation
Weaknesses: Flying, his leg, Divination, Stubbornness.
Positive Personality Traits: Caring, Friendly, Loyal, Protective, Intelligent
Negative Personality Traits: Stubborn, Stern, Grumpy (sometimes), Timid
Hobbies and Interests: Herbs, Reading, Music
Character History:
On a hot day of 5 June 1957 a little Zachary was born. Just born and already having the warmth and love of his mother. His mother always used to sing for him. Singing always the same song to make him fall asleep. While he received the love he needed from his mother, his father however didn't.
His father wasn't always in the picture. He decided it was the best for him to be the man at home. Even if that meant to not be much around and be more on his work. The love of his mother was the best thing he could have that raised him all those years. Growing from a sweet little baby who was in her arms. To the man that is standing in front of you right now.

As time passed by so did the young boy grew, the young baby grew up into a annoying teenager. Well at least sometimes. Zachary's dad was a Ministry worker. Not a high one, but he was one of the office works around the department of Misused Magic, while his mother on the other hand was a Nurse at St. Mungo. Between the shifts and the other tasks his mother and father had, they took time to raise Zachary. His mother was always busy teaching him the medical terms while his father was more of the rules. Slowly those years went passed by, until Zachary was old enough to get a letter to go to the magical school. Like many others. The letter to Hogwarts.

It was at Hogwarts that he got sorted into Ravenclaw. The intelligence he had inside of him, gave him the change to show what he could. Enjoying his time at Hogwarts, he learned to have a few friends. Not many of them were Slytherins, as for some reason they didn't like him. Just like most Slytherins do. It was also at his school years that  the Whomping Willow was planted. Passing those years his knowledge in Herbology was high and so was Potions. It was no surprise that he graduated with an O for Herbology and Potions. An E for DADA and Charms. The other classes were just good enough to pass, but he had the knowledge and the stuff he needed to get to the Ministry.

Graduating from Hogwarts opened another book for Zachery. While he always dreamed of going to follow his mothers footstep, he decided it was the past the travel around. To meet others, and learn there ways. While traveling so many years, he finally went to St. Mungo becoming a healer in Spell damage at the age of 28.

Slowly time passed by as he enjoyed his time at St. Mungo. It was that when the second war broke out, he got asked by the OOTP to join them. While Zachary did want to join them, he wanted to stay in the background not wanting to give the impression or the patients in danger. Understanding that decision, he stayed in the background healing the members if needed.

The Battle of Hogwarts was the most important thing in his life that has happened. It was time for him to follow up. Fighting side by side with Hogwarts to defend them against the Death Eaters. While he was a healer, he was a dueler too. Taking out a few Death Eaters and a few spiders, until he got into a duel. A duel that ended for him terrible. His leg was hit by a curse, making it impossible for him to even walk normal with it. The only solution was a cane, that he uses till the day now.

Soon after 30 years of working at St. Mungo being a well respected man of his duty, a new change came to him. Minerva McGonnagall the Headmistress of Hogwarts came to visit him. She offered him to leave St. Mungo, and get to Hogwarts. To give him a well respected man and a Order Member she could trust, a position as Deputy Headmaster. Thinking about it Zachary grabbed his cane and stuff, and took the position just as Herbology Professor.

Plots and Politics
Where does your character stand in the treatment of death eaters and their families? While Zachary might not approve the hunting of the family members that are innocent. He does see a point in only getting the Death Eaters their self. Other then that he doesn't agree it at all.

How was your character and their family affected by the reign and death of Voldemort? His family passed away a long time before the war took place, but Zachary has been affected. While in a duel, his leg got cursed, making him cripple giving him a cane to walk with.

Family
Parents: Karen Richards-nee Wilkons (Deceased) Dave Richards (Deceased)
Siblings: None
Children: None
Partner: None
Other Relevant Family: N/A
Family History:
Dave Richards was born the first in the magical blood line of the Richards. After him came Nathalie and Ralph. Born from a Half-blood family, they soon knew magic was in their blood. His father slowly grew up becoming a Ravenclaw student. Not soon afterwards Nathalie joined Hogwarts as a Hufflepuff. His connection with Nathalie was the best as his brother didn't had a bond. It was that he met Karen one day and the bond grew.

Karen Wilkons was the first and last child of her bloodline. Her parents couldn't get anymore children and that is that it stopped at her. While her father had 2 brothers, she was the only girl. Her mother who was a nurse at St. Mungo raised her teaching her medical terms at young age. Karen got sorted into Gryffindor and slowly met Dave.

After Hogwarts they started to live not so far from London where they both could get quickly to their work. Dave found a position at the Ministry were he worked at the department of Misuse of Magic and Karen worked at St. Mungo as a nurse assisting the Doctors and Healers that needed it.

Other: Herbology Professor

Marv
N/A

Have you read the site plot, rules, and timeline?
Yes

How did you hear about Insurrection?
Advertisement

Roleplay Sample
(Placed after the battle of Hogwarts and before the day Minerva came for him).

A new day at the office. Looking over out of his office he knew what was going to happen today. There were a few patients that were going to come back to meet the doctor with a appointment. Yes he hated most of the patients for returning. Not because there were coming to him, the fact they had problems that could be saved easily. Yet he enjoyed his work very much. The fight that has happened was still fresh in many peoples mind, even for him. He just cleaned up a few chambers so at least he could help the patients. Grabbing his cane he looked at the list who was going to be next.

The staff shortage was great in these days so he had the extra shifts. Looking over to who was next, he saw a other patient. A young girl that looked like something has hit her really hard. No healer that looked at her as he put the paperwork away, giving it to one of the nurses. "Bring Mrs. Richards to Room 1, I will go to her once I have done this girl who is trying to heal herself."He said as he limped further to the student. Listening to her spell he gave a smile, leaning on his cane. "While I can accept your trying, Brackium Emendo won't do any good at all."He said as he pointed his cane to the wound. "Anyway I will be your doctor Miss..."He said as he looked at her. "Follow me to Room 2."He said as he grabbed his cane limping to the examination room and waiting for the Miss to follow him.

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jul 26, 2015 13:54:39 GMT -5

Welcome, Marv! Thank you for joining Insurrection!
We are happy to have you with us! There is just one small bit to fix, and then we can sort Zachary!

1. Hagrid was thought to become gamekeeper sometime in the 1940s, at least training-wise, so he would have been the gamekeeper well before Zachary was at school. So if you could just remove that part, that would be great. :)

2. Also, there was the bit about the Whomping Willow being planted at the school, and I'm unsure if you were talking about that having been planted in Zachary's first year, because it was planted more around 1971! And Zachary's first year was in 1968! So if that was what you meant, then just note that it wasn't planted then! However, if you just meant that it was planted during his time at Hogwarts, then that's fine and I just misunderstood because that's definitely true.

Once that's corrected, we can sort Zachary!

If you have any specific questions please feel free to PM one of the site Admins.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2015 14:16:11 GMT -5

Well he became officially the Gameskeeper when Og retired. Either way I deleted that and edited the phrasing for the Whomping Willow
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jul 26, 2015 14:22:42 GMT -5

Well damn! You definitely just out-knowledged me on HP! I didn't even know about Ogg, so I stand corrected. :)

Accepted