Hogwarts
played by Jade
"let the monsters see you smile"
options

Post by Draco Malfoy on Jul 7, 2019 21:29:13 GMT -5

Unbendable steel bends
If the fury of the wind is unstoppable
I've learned to never underestimate the impossible

It was really hard to know exactly what to do in respect to his mother. Draco worried for her so much, but he was familiar enough with depression to know that you could not just simply turn it off. At least not without occlumency. With it, though, perhaps. But magic was gone for now-- and with it went all the cultivated skill and mastery. There was some natural inclination towards the art that he had inherited from his mother, which he believed her to have far more of... But that was not not enough. He could easily see that whatever she was left with was not enough.

So, other actions had to be taken. Depression and despair had to be fought in other ways. The ways that muggles went about treating the mental diseases were what he could leverage now. That meant making sure that his mother ate. That meant socializing with her-- and that meant drawing her out of this room. Staying inside, hidden away, was not the answer. It solved nothing. Draco was not sure how to convince her though. 

He could see that his presence was having some positive effect though. As she gave him sass and started to smile, the wizard felt affirmed in his decision to come here, to draw her out. Already just by being here, he had been able to have positive effect-- surely going to dinner would do as much, if not more. It would be good to remind his mother of who she was, of who they were. Even though he did not appreciate the title or the history of their families, he knew it had meaning to Narcissa. Perhaps if he could remind her of some of that, it would be beneficial. She had derived a great deal of joy once upon a time from being the Lady Malfoy.

She said his name-- it was so soft that it stilled his hand against Taurus's head and caused concern to flash in his eyes. 
"Mother," Draco countered, soft and gentle with the offering of the moniker. There was an embrace offered up in name, in the way he said it. His tone pled with her, but it promised understanding if this request was a step too far. Though Draco was not quite ready to give up yet, he pressed on when she fell into silence. "It will lovely. I'm sure of it. We'll get a private table and have something delicious. Take pity on me. I've been subjected to Hogwarts food for weeks now." Draco offered puppy dog eyes up at his mother. The food really was not terrible at the school, but in comparison to Aubrey's, it certainly was... And he did so love seafood. The wizard really hoped that he could coax the woman into going there. He would not go dine alone, but he was very keen on the idea of having the evening meal there. It would be made all the better, too, by his mother's presence. How long had it been since they had eaten together?  

@ i'm determined to get you out of this room • 510 • outfit

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0