Misery Loves My Company // Isabella

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 30, 2015 21:04:43 GMT -5

Hey @isabella!

It’s been a while since I’ve heard from you and I’m not going to say I’m concerned, but I am an old lad that worries about my own daughters every time I don’t hear from them. I was out with Gigi and Becca a few weeks back (we got to visit Boston….you should come visit sometime) and I’ve been meaning to tell you that we tried that black licorice candy you said not to try. It really was horrible. I honestly have no idea how Gio liked that stuff. Your mother would haunt me if Daniella and I don’t ask about how school is going? How are things with your aunt? Have you given her a chance yet? And Evan and Cecilia? How are they doing? Are you still trying to avoid them? I’ll keep this short for now since you are busy (or you should be, with school coming to a close). Dani says that if you don’t respond within a week, she’s going to send a howler your way…you know she doesn’t hold back on her threats.

Mark Wesley

((OOC: Miles is pretending to be an old friend/co-worker of Isabella's father. In fact, he killed the family the day before the funeral, attending the funeral as the bloke and stating that the family was moving away but that they would stay in contact.))

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 2, 2015 8:25:15 GMT -5

Hey Mark,

Sorry I haven’t responded in a while. Things have been rather busy with school, I guess. Boston, eh? The last time it was…Juneau, right? How many capitals have you visited so far? I warned you not to try the licorice! Muggles and their horrible candy. Then again, I suppose we have our share of bad candy, too…like those ridiculous Every Flavour Beans. As I said, school is busy, but it’s otherwise going fine. I’ve been studying a lot, I guess. Things with my father’s horrible sister is going just that…horrible. Why would I want to live with someone who is back only because she has to be? Evan and Cecilia are doing fine, I suppose. I’m dating Evan again…so there’s that, I guess. I guess that answers your question, too, about avoiding them, doesn’t it? You can tell Dani she can hold back the howler this time around. How is everyone doing? Maybe I’ll convince my aunt to let me visit this summer. Oh, right…things with her are fine, I guess. As fine as it can be with someone I don’t know, that is. Well, dinner’s calling.

Isabella
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 10, 2015 16:45:47 GMT -5

Bells,

I’m sorry for the delay in the response. I know it was Lucas’ birthday this month. How are you doing? And you’re right…it was Juneau. We loved Boston so much, we stayed a bit longer than anticipated. So far, we’ve been to 8 capitals and a few other major cities. I think we’re going to stay put for a bit in Knoxville…that’s in Tennessee. You? Studying? Perhaps we’ll come back and visit sooner than expected. You three should come and visit the states over the summer. Of course, you’d have to ask your aunt, but I think you’d enjoy it. Dating Evan again? Why’d you guys break up again? Do I need to give him a talk? Of course I do, don’t answer that. What’s his last name again? And I’m glad that you aren’t avoiding Cecilila again. It’s good for you to have a friend during this time. Daniella keeps hitting my arm. She wants me to tell you that you aren’t to go out by yourself. She suggests spending more time with your boyfriend. I know boys at that age. Spend more time with Cecilia. Keep your wand on you at all times. These are dangerous times, as I’m sure you know. Glad that we didn’t have to send a howler your way. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Mark
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 12, 2015 20:32:17 GMT -5

Hey Mark,

Is this a quick enough response for you? I’m doing fine, thank you. It was a bit rough, but I’ll live. It’s not fair that I get to live, but I’ll live. And yeah, studying, I guess. As much as I can stand to sit long enough to do so, anyways. When do you think you’ll come back to visit? You three? Like, me, Evan, and Ceci? I would love that – get me away from my aunt who’s trying to be my best friend or something…okay, not really. But even having her in the same castle is driving me nuts. Maybe you could write to her and convince her to let me come, because I highly doubt she’d let me go anywhere this summer. Evan and I had broken up for no good reason at all. No talk, Merlin no. We’re good on that, thanks. I’m not giving you his last name so you can go embarrass me! He’s not going to bloody hurt me. Tell Daniella that I’ll try to split my time between the two. My wand never leaves my side! I’m not a wanker. Miss you guys.

Bells
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 16, 2015 6:23:36 GMT -5

Bells,

I was shocked to see Harold coming back so quickly with a response from you. At first, I thought he had gotten lost trying to deliver, which made Dani immediately worried. I wasn’t worried though, of course. We were thinking about coming back for a week during the summer. If you can’t hang out too much as we are getting too old to be cool anymore, perhaps we can just treat you to ice cream when you’re out of the mansion at some point. Really, though, you need a new favorite ice cream. Yours is just too bland. And yes, you, Evan, and Cecilia. I think it would be nice for you guys to come visit; you would certainly not regret it. And I would certainly enjoy making that their last breaths, so really, we all win. I’ll be the judge of that Evan character, missy. Good, good. You should switch up which pocket it rests in. And are you still practicing with your non-dominant hand like we told you before? Sorry, Dani just worries about you and wants you to be as prepared as possible. We miss you too, sweetie. Gag.

Mark
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 23, 2015 18:20:23 GMT -5

Hey Mark,

Summer’s right around the corner. I haven’t asked my aunt yet if I could come visit during the summer…I don’t think she’ll allow me to. Do you have the floo network? I haven’t asked Evan and Ceci yet, though I will soon. Maybe. I guess it depends on how things go with my aunt at the end of the school year. She won’t let me go, I’m sure. So that means this summer will suck. Yes, I’m still practicing with my non-dominant hand. It’s so frustrating, but I’m getting the hang of it, I think. I haven’t run into any issues around here really…I mean…I’m still hated for my blood status, which is frustrating. I didn’t do anything. Is that how the adults are too? Or is this just school? I sure hope it’s only school because it sucks. People killed my family because of their status and they weren’t bloody Death Eaters. Ugh. Sorry, I’m just getting irritated again. Well, I’ll see you soon, I guess. Exams should be starting soon so I might not respond quickly…I’ll try to pretend I’m studying.

Bells
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 30, 2015 21:03:06 GMT -5

Bells!

It’s Dani…Mark’s a bit busy today with the kids but I wanted to write to you real quick before I went to join them. Sweetheart, you can’t visit unless your aunt allows it, you know that! We will DEFINITELY be in the area during the summer so we will let you know when and maybe we can have a bit of girls’ time. Our floo network is a bit wonky, so I’d prefer you not to try it as I would rather a complete Isabella arriving instead of needing to find your pieces to bring to St. Mungo’s!

What do you mean, still hated for your blood status? What’s going on sweetheart? I told Miles that we should have talked to that aunt of yours to get you homeschooled but he said it wasn’t our place. Did you want me to talk to your aunt about getting you homeschooled? I could do that…maybe. Well, I mean…you probably don’t want to leave your best friend and boyfriend, do you? You know me; I just worry, is all. Oh, Mark’s back and he said he wants to write as well so I love you dear and I hope your exams go well. Study hard! I hope you enjoy the chocolate frogs we sent!

Bells, Mark here. Dani was just muttering something about you getting hated for your blood status. I remember reading that from your last letter. You didn’t do anything, you’re right. People just don’t understand. Unfortunately, the adults have started this mess. It wasn’t right for your family to be murdered because of who they are. They were good people, we all know that. They didn’t deserve it; you didn’t deserve it. Some people are messed in the head, their black and whites being reversed. Do try to think about it from both perspectives, though. Death Eaters DID do a lot of damage and they were destructive, tearing apart families. People are still scared of them, even if they have gone through their punishments. Nowadays, people equate purebloods with Death Eaters and I’m afraid it’s going to be a long road. Stay strong, beautiful.

Mark & Dani
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 6, 2015 19:03:08 GMT -5

Hey Dani!

Fine, fine. I won’t visit…but only because I know you’ll just write her anyways if I come to visit and tell on me. Girls’ time? And that requires….what, exactly? If shopping is involved, I think I’ll pass, but thanks. Just kidding. Anything to get out of the house…even torturing myself with shopping…sounds good. And yeah, what, are Americans living under rocks or something? I don’t know, it just seems like some people at school dislike me because of my status. I mean, I lost my best friend because of that. It’s not fair and I don’t get it. I don’t hate who I am, but it’s like…not hating who I am means that I support…well, I don’t even know what is being thought. I guess it’s assume I dislike Muggles or Muggleborns, but really…they’re the ones who murdered my family so if anyone, they’re the ones that are wrong. Right?

No thanks to the homeschooling…really. That sounds miserable. I don’t even want school to end as I probably won’t see Evan and Cecilia as much. Love you too, Dani! Have fun doing whatever it is you’re doing. And yes, the chocolate frogs were delicious, per usual. Glad you remembered that they’re my favorite!

The adults are just like that, too? Merlin, doesn’t anyone grow up? I just don’t get it. My family was loving. They accepted everyone, and yet, that didn’t matter. Well, the punishments of Death Eaters are simply absurd. They were horrible, but honestly, no one deserves their treatment. And I’m tired of the bloody prejudice about purebloods. Ugh, I’m just so frustrated by it all. It’s not fair. Anyways, school’s almost out. Guess I’ll go study. See you soon.

Love,
Bells
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 13, 2015 14:57:09 GMT -5

Hey Bells,

I heard that school is out this week. Don’t give your aunt too much issue, alright? We don’t want her grounding you from coming to visit us, clearly. Dani does say your shopping trip will require shopping, clearly. And she also is giving me a look…she said you have to go, no excuses. And she’s offended you said it was torture. Your best friend is a dunce if they left you because of your status. You are perfect the way that you are. Those that killed your family are in the wrong, not all of them. Though, it does seem like many are joining their side. Just be careful, will you? You are so wonderfully blessed with having magic come from both sides, having it so strong within you. Don’t let the jealousy of others tear you down from that power. I’m glad to see your strong heart; it’s just like your mother’s. She had so much love and understanding for people, trusting her instinct. You’re right; no one deserves that treatment but as long as people remain silent, that’s precisely what will continue to happen. We will talk more this summer, alright? There is a lot that we need to discuss and catch up on, but summer is coming soon and it can all wait. Enjoy your final days with your friends and we will see you sonon.

Love,
Mark
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 23, 2015 19:43:13 GMT -5

Hey Mark,

Summer’s begun, obviously. Are you guys back in London yet? I’m dying to see you all…and well, dying to do something other than waiting around. I work at the ice cream parlour…Florean’s. You guys should at least stop by if you’re around. I work a lot, so chances are I’ll be there. Summer hasn’t been terrible, except that I don’t see Evan all that much. Our family bonfire and dinner got postponed, so he hasn’t yet met all of the family, which is quite unfair. It’s not like he isn’t trying. I almost feel as if they got postponed simply so they wouldn’t have to meet him yet, giving us less time to see each other. It’s okay, we work around it in our own way….I suppose I shouldn’t mention that, now should I? Don’t worry, I’m hardly ever alone. I just don’t understand this war. It seems like everything is falling apart…though, I guess we aren’t exactly in war just yet. Maybe no one should remain silent anymore….I don’t know. What do I know? I’m just a kid who lost her family because they were purebloods…not that that is remembered by anyone. Life moves on, obviously. I don’t mean to be a downer. Sorry. Anyways, I’ll catch you soon, hopefully. You know where to find me if you guys are around.

Love,

Bells