Caffeine Addiction||Colemet

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2015 21:25:37 GMT -5

As her friend spoke, explaining how she remained so calm about not finding out which werewolf attacked her and her family Sophia began to understand the repercussions that would come about if her friend got agitated and angry about the attack. It would only spur on her aggression and while Sophia could deal with it, she would rather now have her friend go through that. “Well perhaps you need to exert your rage in other ways so don’t do so on people?” Sophia asked, while also half suggesting it to her friend as a possible other outlet. “At least you have your work to keep you occupied and happy” Sophia summarised with a smile. The witch bit her lip and pondered Colemet’s answer. “Do you get angry often? Like has your aggression been coming out more and more of late?” she asked inquisitively. She didn’t mean to be so prying but really wanted to do something to help her friend other than just being there for her and she just needed to work out what to do firstly and/or which direction to go in. she also wondered how her friend would ‘get a handle on it’ before the aggression over took her. “Did something happen at St Mungo’s when you were younger?” she asked her friend wondering what had brought on her fear of healers. Hopefully her friend wouldn’t mind answering such a question. “I don’t know if healers actually prod people, they aren't doctors I think they sort of run their wands over them and cast a bunch of healing spells if needed.” She mused aloud.

Sophia smiled at her friend, she knew her friend deserved happiness and she was certain the right guy was out there for her. But of course things like this took time, Sophia was a witness to that. “Who knows maybe he’s just around the corner” the blonde smiled slyly before looking in the direction of the nearest corner street as a joke to emphasise her point. Luckily for Colemet no one actually happened to walk around the corner at that moment.

This is what Sophia had been dreading, her actually falling for Tiwaz not that she had yet but she knew if they spent more time together it could possibly happen and she wasn’t sure if she was ready for that. Sure her body was saying yes but her mind and her heart were apprehensive. “I know” she sighed and lowered her gaze back to her coffee cup again. It wasn’t even that age difference that bothered her, nine or ten years didn’t appear to be that significant when she and the wizard were together. “I guess I’m just worried that if those feelings do develop and he doesn’t reciprocate….. you know what can we not talk about this please?” she begged her friend, knowing if they continued on this tangent it bring up something she wasn’t sure she was ready for.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2015 21:50:40 GMT -5

Colemet shrugged. "I usually can. Usually I go out into the woods or something so I'm alone and away from people until it subsides. I've punched some trees in pretty hard because of it, but it works to take it out." Colemet didn't mention that she occasionally ended up scratching up herself as a means to release the frustration. It was another tendency that she couldn't help or control, but she much preferred it to hurting other people. "Sometimes it just catches me at the wrong time, though, like it did yesterday. I can't always help that, but I try to make sure I deal with it when I can." again, Colemet shrugged. "The aggression has been around more lately, but that's probably because of the full moon next week. It's just taking its normal cycle. The tendencies have gotten worse as I've gotten older, which is why Peter wants to drag me to St. Mungo's so he can find a way to get a handle on them." These were a lot of questions, but she knew it was only because Sophia really cared. "I had a bad experience there when I was young and I haven't been able to shake it since. I know Healers don't truly poke and prod, I just meant it as an expression. The whole process just really shakes me up, but I've never been able to get over it, even so many years later..."

Colemet smiled. "Maybe he is," she said wistfully. "Maybe I'll find someone who really gets it, even if it's not the exact same way. Maybe Imll find someone like me one day, who knows?" Colemet could only hope such a happy fate would fall upon her. Sophia's support and optimism made it all the better, though.

Colemet nodded. "Of course. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," she assured her friend. She understood Sophia's anxiety over the situation knowing we friend so well, and if she didn't want to talk, she didn't want to press the matter and upset her. "Just know that I'm here for you no matter what. If you ever want to talk about it or want someone's perspective, I'm always here for you." Sophia deserved to be happy no matter what, that Colemetmilinia was sure of regardless of the relationship. Sophia didn't need anymore stress than life already gave her.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2015 23:17:23 GMT -5

When Colemet explained that she went into the woods, Sophia tried to picture that and how isolating it must be though she wouldn’t voice that out aloud. “You’ve punched trees?” she asked but she understood why that could be, because obviously there were so many of them in the bloody woods. “If you don’t mind me asking, how long do these, um aggression spells……last?” she asked hoping she had phrased that properly since was such a delicate question to ask. Hopefully her friend would understand her reason for asking that. Sophia nodded as he friend explained that the aggression came on at unexpected times. But she couldn’t’ really say anything in response which she felt bad about. Because really was wanting to be more supportive but she couldn’t do anything for the other witch. “The full moon is next week?” she asked as she hadn’t really kept up to date with that. She just hoped her friend was able to see a healer before then, providing she as up to it of course. “I’m sure he just has your best interests at heart” Sophia replied even though it sounded cliché. She understood that it was just expression that Colemet had used but sometimes her literal Ravenclaw side came out at the oddest times. She didn’t think it was right to ask what this bad experience of Colemet’s was, if she wanted to she could tell Sophia in her own time.

She smiled back at Colemet, offering her one of her classic reassuring smiles. Her friend deserved happiness just like Lenora was searching for it to with that Gino fellow. Sophia made a mental note to finally catch up with the red head for lunch and if Colemet wanted she could join in too. “Yes you could find a bloke in the exact same situation like yourself or even better still a healer who could look after you” Sophia smirked.

“Thank you” Sophia smiled back at her friend lightly. “Oh I know you’re always there for me and likewise I’m here for you, hey maybe I’ll invite you over to my flat and you taste my slowly improving culinary skills” she joked but really did consider doing just that. “So tell me what exciting things do you have happening with your work?” the witch asked genuinely intrigued.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2015 19:11:59 GMT -5

Colemet nodded. "Yeah, I have. Maybe it's not the best, but it gets the aggression out to an extent, and I'm not yelling at anyone or acting out and no one gets hurt. Well..." She gave a small smile. "Except maybe my knuckles a bit," she teased. "The aggression spells don't last for a certain amount of time, really, they can't be calculated. It just depends on how bad the anger is, how much it affects me. It comes in bursts," she explained in response to her friend's question. Colemet knew Sophia was treading lightly with her questions, which she appreciated, but she really didn't mind her close friend asking. She knew Sophia only sought to understand, which Colemet also appreciated greatly. She nodded in response to the next question. "Yeah, the full moon is next week," she confirmed. "I know Peter only wants the best, but it's still nerve wracking no matter what." She just hoped she would muster courage to accept the help...

Colemet smiled. "Maybe I will find someone. That would be really great," she said hopefully. Maybe one day...

"Ooh, I can't wait to try your cooking," Colemet said, grinning. "Work has been really good. I just love spending time in nature, so it's really the best job for me. It keeps all the stress down. I've been mostly cultivating different kinds of dittany. As it turns out, some of the different strains are better for healing certain wounds and scars." Colemet had been forming this theory for a while now and had been testing it and consulting other magical naturalists as well to see if it was at all viable.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 24, 2015 6:57:00 GMT -5

It pained Sophia that her friend felt like this, at this moment she prayed there was something else she could do but she was no counsellor or healer just a mere photographer…..”Cole, give us your hand for a sec” Sophia requested holding out her own hand, she had to see her friend’s knuckles for herself. The blonde looked over the other girl’s hand slowly, frowning to herself. She knew that Ti worked with magical creatures but wondered if he knew anything about treating injuries such as ones her friend might experience since she assumed animals go hurt too. “I’m sorry you go through this, I wish there was more I could do” Sophia frowned letting go of her friend’s hand. She wondered they had anyone in their year who had become a healer but since returning back from France she hadn’t had much chance to catch up with many people except Lenora but that had been a complete fluke. Her worse fears were confirmed when Colemet told her the full moon was next week. “Of course he wants the best for you, I do too, I can relax easily and apparate everywhere for work without a care in the world and you have all this shit to go through and it sucks Cole, and I hate you have to go through that” Sophia sighed exasperatedly. Damn this sucked, sure she didn’t have her birth father in her life but what her friend went through was far worse.
“Of course you’ll find someone, you deserve happiness more than anyone I know” Sophia stated as she took another sip of her coffee. The extra espresso shots were working thankfully. 

She laughed lightly at her friends apparent enthusiasm to try her cooking. “My cooking is slowly getting better. Back in France my ex-girlfriend did most of it but here poor Tiwaz has become the guinea pig per se, but he doesn’t seem to complain too much” she shrugged smiling. “I’m happy that your job is able to that for you” she told her friend. When a job had that effect on someone it truly meant they were passionate about what they did. “Dittany? Really? Well that’s awesome” she stated again, happy that her friend had come across such a discovery.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 24, 2015 11:55:58 GMT -5

Colemet gave her hand to Sophia. Her hands were both kind of cut up and scarred, but it didn't matter one way or another to Colemet. As long as she had a way to get the aggression out without hurting anyone. "I'm fine, Soph, I promise," she assured her friend. Sophia looked concerned, but also like she had a thought of some sort. "What are you thinking?" Due to the concern that showed on her friend's face, Colemet didn't dare mention the self inflicted marks she had elsewhere on her person. She couldn't bear the look of concern and sadness that Sophia would give her if she did. "It's okay, Sophia. You're really caring and supportive, and that's enough for me." She gave her friend a faint smile. "I've learned to live with it after all this time. It gets to me sometimes, but I can cope for the most part. I don't want you to feel helpless or responsible or anything, Soph, it's not your fault and never will be." She didn't want other people to just pity her for the way she was. She accepted that this was the way it was and dealt with it accordingly.

Colemet laughed lightly. "I hope you don't poison Tiwaz, then, but if he can stomach it, so can I," she teased with a good natured wink. Colemet smiled again. "Yeah, I love my job for sure. Nature has always been my refuge," she told her friend. "What about you? Has the Prophet taken you anywhere interesting lately?" She loved hearing about all of the things that Sophia got to photograph and the places she got to go. Photographers were artists, Colemet knew, and they had an important and fascinating jobs.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 25, 2015 6:46:11 GMT -5

She heard her friend try to reassure her everything was fine but that’s not how Sophia saw it. She looked closely at her friends hands, taking in the scars and newer looking cuts. She looked at her friend in the eye before looking back at her hands. “I know you say that but I hate it, you’ve had this so long and I know you’ve accepted it as part of yourself but I still don’t like it” she smiled sadly at Colemet. Maybe Sophia woudl have to concede that her friend really was okay with this. She hadn’t meant offer such an expression but it reflected how she truly felt and she knew it may have annoyed her friend to see it. “Do you mind if I speak to Tiwaz about this? he works with animals and I know you’re not one but my Ravenclaw side is wanting to find a solid solution for your scars” she told her friend with her tone doused in hope. “I know I’m there for you I’ve been there since day one and I’ll always be there” she reassured the girl. “Do you ever think how your life would be different had you not been attacked?” she asked Colemet quietly in case other café patrons were able to hear them. She didn’t need her friend being found out after all this time. “It’s not that I feel helpless, I just wish I could do more, I mean you live here and I live all the way in Scotland and all throughout school we were together and now we’re apart” she sighed annoyed with herself. She thought that if she hadn’t gone to France she could have been around for her friend more.

“No I don’t poison him” she laughed. “I do need him around and for more than just for the fun we have” Sophia said before shutting her mouth immediately realising what she had just admitted. Damn Freaking Merlin! Sophia Huntley couldn’t you just keep your mouth shut? “Ahhh….fuck! Can we forget I just said that?” she begged the other witch quietly as she looked into her lap. Thankfully her friend started talking about her work at the point. “I’m surprised you didn’t venture much into the Forbidden Forest during out school days” she smirked, she knew her friend really truly loved nature. “Well I have been to a few training sessions for the Quidditch teams lately you know to get team photos and such” she smiled, the little doses of eye candy those work assignments provided her with were certainly very welcome.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 25, 2015 12:59:18 GMT -5

Colemet became very guarded for a moment when Sophia suggested telling Tiwaz. Her immediate instinct was to say no, but then she rethought her answer. "Do you think he would be able to help?" she asked Sophia tentatively. If Tiwaz worked with animals, then perhaps he did know a thing or two about treating such injuries. Especially since these were procured because of animalistic nature, as they're spawned from werewolf instincts. Colemet would prefer letting Tiwaz have a look at them rather than making a trip to St. Mungo's or seeing a Healer, which Peter would certainly make her do if he got a close enough look at the cuts and scars. It was starting to sound like a good idea when Colemet quickly thought of something. "Would he tell the Ministry about me?" she asked Sophia quietly. If there was any chance that he might, then there was no way Colemet was letting him anywhere close to her or her secret.

Colemet was touched that Sophia cared so deeply for her and wanted it to be better for her. She knew Sophia had always felt this way, but after being apart for so long, it was nice to have a reminder. "I know you hate it, Soph, and so do I. But it's something I can't change and I can't spend all of my time and energy hating it. I have to cope with it to make it better for myself." And Colemet coped as much as she could, but sometimes it was difficult. "I think about it a lot, what my life might've been like. But honestly, I think it would mostly be the same, just without the complications." Colemet thought she'd still be a naturalist, still be close to her family, and still try to be the kind person she always wanted to be. There would just be no complications to all of that. "I can't dwell on it, though. That won't get me anywhere, so I just have to do my best with what I have." She gave Sophia a small smile and put her hand in her friend's. "You do a lot by being there for me," Colemet said sincerely. "We may be physically apart, but it's really comforting to know that you're there for me no matter the distance between us. And now that you're back from France, I'm sure we'll be able to spend more time together." She missed her friend a lot, but she was really happy to have her back.

Colemet patted her friend's hand. "It's fine, don't worry about it. We don't have to talk about anything you don't want to talk about," she assured Sophia. She smiled when Sophia started telling her about her work. "Wow, that's amazing! Getting to photograph Quidditch teams must be fantastic." Colemet loved going to Quidditch games with her brothers, so such a prospect excited her. "That's really cool. What about France? You have to tell me more about that." She couldn't imagine all of the wonderful things that Sophia must've been able to see and do. She was so happy that her friend had such an amazing opportunity.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2015 20:28:32 GMT -5

She wasn’t even sure why she had suggested speaking to Tiwaz about it. But she knew the fact that she had thought about him in that instant probably wasn’t a good thing. Or maybe it was, she had no bloody idea. But possibly given the amount time she had spent around him could attribute to her thinking. “He might be able to, I’ll ask him” she smiled as she made a mental a note for herself to do just that the next time she saw the wizard. Which she had sneaking suspicion wasn’t too far away. She wasn’t implying that her friend was some kind of animal, definitely not, far from it in fact. It was more so because the injuries she had sustained were obviously from a werewolf and it was something she was sure Ti knew a great deal about. “I don’t think he will and if he suggests it I have my ways of convincing him otherwise” Sophia stated. She was sure Colemet could imagine what ‘ways’ she meant but for her friend’s sake she wasn’t’ going to voice that out loud.

Sophia hadn’t meant to display her hatred for her friend’s state in such a manner and immediately regretted it. She knew that her friend could handle the scratches and could also manage her aggression but she still didn’t like it. “Well I suppose you’re right when you talk about not getting angry about it, it will only spur on the aggression you already go through.” She sighed, kind of discouragingly. “I suppose you would still be a naturalist discovering all these awesome and undoubtedly ground-breaking things” Sophia as her mood about her friend’s situation started to improve, well a little anyway. “I’m glad I’m here although, part of me thinks I ended up at this coffee place because of Ti, now if I tell him that he’ll get a huge ego boost and you know Gryffindors, it’s the last thing they need” she laughed. Sophia realised she was talking about the Hogwarts Professor far too much for someone she was just shagging on a casual basis. Sure, if they were in a relationship it would be okay. Even if Sophia wanted a relationship with him, she was far too scared to bring it up.

“No, no its okay, I’ve brought it so we might as well talk about it.” The photographer shrugged. Really she had just dug her own hole but admitting what she just had. “It’s okay, dealing with their cocky attitudes isn’t exactly great” she said rolling her eyes. “But it comes with the territory” France, what about it? Was Sophia’s first reaction. “What would you like to know about the country? I loved it, I got to improve on the language a fair bit” she smiled. That of course was helped by having a now ex-girlfriend who was French.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2015 21:15:23 GMT -5

"Are you sure?" she asked her. She didn't want to risk anyone telling on her, but she wanted help if she could get it without having to see another Healer. "Peter is making me go into St. Mungo's for the werewolf scars anyway, but I've been trying to hide these cuts on my knuckles and...other ones," Colemet said, accidentally alluding to the other self inflicted cuts and other minor injuries that she had scattered on her body as a result of her aggression. "If I could see someone else to take care of them without having to get Peter involved, that would be great." Colemet sipped her coffee as she thought about the possibility. She feared the idea of Tiwaz looking at them much less than a Healer looking at them all, even Peter, who she knew would be furious at her for hiding such injuries from him. Colemet was hopeful for a moment that this could turn out to be a pretty good idea.

Colemet smiled a bit. "I hope I would be. I'm really glad I can still do most of the things in my life." Colemet knew that if she had been turned into a full werewolf, she would have a hard time doing some of the things she was still able to do today. Still, she envied the certainty that full werewolves had and their inability to remember everything they did when they turned. Colemet was never sure if being halfway there was the lesser of the two evils, but she tried not to dwell on it too much. "I'm glad you ended up here too." She gave a small laugh. "Yeah, we don't need any ego boosts with him, I would think," she said with a sly grin.

Colemet looked at Sophia carefully. "You know, Soph, if you want to be in a relationship with Tiwaz, maybe you should bring it up. Maybe he feels the same way." Colemet wasn't obviously too knowledgeable about their relationship, but she knew that Tiwaz obviously crossed her mind a lot. She observed that merely through Sophia's behavior, and the way she looked when she talked about him. "What did you do while you were there? See any sights, see anything worthwhile? Anything you really remember?" she asked, referring to France again. "What about your ex-girlfriend? How did you meet her?" She hoped that wasn't a pressing or intrusive question, and that Sophia was okay with talking about it. "I mean...unless you'd rather not talk about her."