Facing the Fear || Alexandra

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2015 7:59:42 GMT -5

Colemet could feel Alex's eyes boring into her, appraising her as she told the lie. Colemet didn't let her composure falter, though, despite her fear. She knew Alex was going to look into her story to see if it was true, and that was a problem. Alex was nice, which Colemet appreciated, but that didn't mean she wouldn't report her to the Ministry if she discovered that she was lying. Peter had been covering for her for years, and she was afraid he would get into just as much trouble as her. She simply prayed that Alex wouldn't find out the truth, or she'd have enough mercy not to report Colemet.

She nodded in response to Alex's theory. "If the DNA got into me, does that mean I'll turn into a werewolf one day? Or will my symptoms just increase since I wasn't bitten?" If it worked its way through her system enough, was it possible? Or would she just continue to become more werewolf-like in her person?

Colemet crossed her arms over her chest self-consciously, feeling entirely vulnerable and knowing that Alex was watching her every move intently. She nodded when Alex made the comparison to Madam Malkin's shop, and she appreciated the Healer trying to make her more comfortable, but flinched every time the tape measure grazed her skin uncomfortably. She tried to relax nonetheless, she knew it was the only way to get through this. She took a deep breath and loosened her muscles, relieving some tension. "I...I'm not sure if they grew or not," Colemet answered. Had they grown? It was possible they expanded a little, but she wasn't entirely sure.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2015 23:29:37 GMT -5

Alex noted that some details seemed to be off with Colemet’s story but she had already decided that she would look for her file later on, after she had finished examining her. If she failed to find anything well then she was in a conundrum. It would be against her role as a witch to keep any unreported werewolf attacks just that, unreported since the minister was cracking down on that but then again she was also bound as a healer to keep up on her patient confidentiality. She couldn’t ‘betray’ this poor girl who seemed to be utterly petrified to be here first of all not to mention she was scared just be talking to a healer. Obviously having only her brother as her healer also raised suspicions. Alex knew this was messy situation and it wasn’t often she felt like this, like she had no idea how to proceed.

Shaking her head even if the girl had her back to her, Alex couldn’t see that happening, well she certainly hadn’t come across an instance where it had actually occurred. “No, I don’t think you’ll fully transform into a werewolf Colemet, but I’m afraid the aggression spells will come on more frequently."  she told the girl, hopefully masking the regret in her voice. “But I’m going to prescribe a few things for you and also advise you to try a few things” she added in a much happier tone. The sad thing was, it was better for Colemet to have turned into a full-blown werewolf.

Alex caught the tape by wrapping it around her wand, she pulled it off and set in a the draw from which it came. She recorded that the scars hadn’t grown as the girl told her. “Do they hurt or sting at all?” she enquired wondered if they sparked up around a full moon. If that were the case then her suspicions were confirmed but she could find a workable treatment plan.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2015 7:13:36 GMT -5

Colemet's fear was increasing with the thought of Alex finding out the truth. She certainly wasn't dim, and if nothing else, she would check on Colemet's story and look for her file, only for it to turn up completely false. In truth, Peter had kept a file about her, but he kept it to himself and didn't file it with the rest of the hospital. Perhaps telling Alex that would help make her case look more believable, that she did in fact have a file, but it was kept with the only Healer who ever saw her until today, which was Peter. Still, though, she could check the werewolf watch and registry at the Ministry and clearly see that Colemet was not there. Colemet was at a loss; she would be found out one way or another. Should she admit to her lie and try to convince Alex to keep quiet?

Colemet sighed when she heard that her aggressive tendencies would pop up more frequently, but had a slight glimmer of hope when Alrx suggested there might be treatment. "I wish I was just turned into a werewolf..." Colemet muttered under her breath.

Despite the fear of being caught in her lie, Colemet was starting to feel a little bit better overall. This was the usually process she went through with Peter, a lot of initial fear then being able to relax some. She took another deep breath to keep it going. "Yeah, they get painful towards the full moon," she told Alex.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2015 23:12:56 GMT -5

This was not the average case that Alex came across. She wasn’t so overwhelmed so she had that under control, and she could easily work out what do with Colemet in terms of treatment but she just needed to work out how to get the proper backstory. Could she chase down her brother and hope that he told her the truth? He would probably make up some lie to protect his sister. Alex could relate to that, Andrew was protective of both her and Melody when they were younger. Thankfully he had backed off a bit now and he attention was now fully on his newborn daughter. “Miss Milinia, what’s your date of birth?” Alex asked, knowing she could track down the girl’s file using that.

Alex stopped what she was doing and looked at the girl pointedly. She may have seen that as an easier option but in this current political climate it certainly wasn’t ideal. “Trust me you don’t, one of my dorm mates got bitten after we graduated and she’s now a werewolf but she doesn’t know that I know. As a healer I can pick up on the signs” she told Colemet before she went back to examining the girl. “I don’t given what the minister is up to you would rather wish to be a werewolf”

“That’s good, that’s what I expected to hear” the healer told the girl with a slight smile. She knew that’s not what Colemet wanted to hear but when she understood it was better that the scars hurt more around the time of a full moon she would understand why it was good, hopefully. “Tell me, have you ever tried Meditation?” she asked. Alex of course knew it was a Muggle relaxation method but it was one possible solution.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2015 23:41:34 GMT -5

"The 21st of March, 1994," she answered. She knew that Alex was asking this as a means to locate her file, so Colemet went out with it. "If you want to track down my file, it's with my brother. He kept it with him because he's the only Healer I've ever seen and is the only one who's ever needed it." She prayed silently that she would have an opportunity to get a message to Peter. She knew that Peter was honest and didn't like to lie, but she also knew that he would protect her at all costs. Perhaps he would be able to give Alex a good explanation, not a lie but only the necessary information. She was just so terrified of being found out by anyone.

Colemet scowled and twitched slightly, unconsciously. "Well it would sure make this process a hell of a lot easier," she said, her voice sounding almost menacing. "I wouldn't be terrified of lashing out every second! I wouldn't be able to remember or recognize when I'm being cruel and awful! I wouldn't have this split personality at all! Maybe the political climate is awful, but at least I'd know exactly what I am!" Colemet hated not knowing what she should feel. She didn't meant to yell at Alex, but she was shaking in anger at the situation. Colemet tried not to be woe-is-me about the situation, but sometimes it got to her. She took a breath to relax. "I...I'm sorry," she said quietly, ashamed. "I didn't meant to yell..."

Meditation... "Um...sort of," she replied. "I spend a lot of time in nature and find myself sort of 'meditating' there...it's just kind of natural, but I don't do it with the intent of actual meditation," she replied. She took another deep breath, trying to maintain the bit of caln she had.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 23, 2015 19:48:12 GMT -5

Alex made a mental note when Colemet told her date of birth, she would write it down later her memory was above par in that regard. It had to be with being a healer and all. She noted that the witch would have been in the year between her younger siblings Ethan and Melody at school assuming of course she went to Hogwarts but by her accent it seemed she did. Alex would of course contact her brother later and find out why he himself had kept the file and not stored it with the other files of patients. It did seem very dodgy as if they were hiding something. But that shouldn’t come as a surprise to Alex since many families were in that same situation.

The aggression displayed by the girl did catch Alex a little unexpectedly but it didn’t faze her. She didn’t try to interject and simply let her patient get it all out as that was the lesser of two evils. “Don’t worry about it, yelling is the better option ” the healer brushed it off. She had seen patient in more violent states that this so it really was nothing. “But you know the even werewolves are still witches or wizards underneath that exterior of theirs” she told the girl in a sincere tone. “You might not be a complete one (werewolf) but that doesn’t lessen the witch you were born to be” Alex added smiling.

You should consider it, I believe there places like community centres that have meditation classes, if you can’t find one where you live there are plenty here in London” she told the girl before recording that information on her patient chart. “I’ll be right back I need to go pick up a potion from the storage room for you” she smiled before exiting room 2C and walking a little way down the hallway. Alex perused the shelves for the potion she as after and found it after a few minutes. She walked back into the room and handed it to Colemet. “This potion should help with the aggression, it’s like a sedative. I hope you don’t mind blueberry because that’s’ what it tastes like” or so Alex had heard since she hadn’t consumed the potion herself “Just take two drops without diluting it morning and night” she instructed before she record the prescription on the girls’ chart.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 23, 2015 23:42:30 GMT -5

Colemet tried not to seem nervous about the prospect of Alex looking for her file. She didn't want her to find out the truth, she so desperately wanted it to stay the way it was. It was hard enough having to see a Healer in the first place, but to have to also entertain the notion that the Healer might report her to the Ministry was enough to bring Colemet close to tears. She was at a loss of what to do, whether she should tell Alex the truth and beg her to keep quiet, let Alex search for her story and make the decision herself, or just hope and pray that she never discovered.

Colemet sighed and looked down, feeling instantly ashamed for her outburst. Alex brushed it off, but Colemet still felt the repercussions. She shuddered and clenched her fists and tried to take a deep breath. "I know that they're still witches and wizards," she said quietly. "But at least they have certainty over it." Despite the unfortunate circumstances that true werewolves faced, she was envious. They knew what they were, knew what they became at the full moon, and knew how to handle it and be okay with it. She had seen those qualities in her father. But Colemet was stuck in the middle. Not a werewolf, but lacking control, never knowing how or why she would become so angry, never knowing how to stop it, yet being entirely and painfully aware of it the entire time. She hated it.

Colemet studied the blue potion when it was handed to her. "Like a sedative?" she repeated. "Will it...make me tired or something?" She didn't want to drag through her day exhausted all the time, but she certainly didn't want to argue if this would help with her aggression. She needed something, anything to feel a little better about herself.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 24, 2015 6:26:52 GMT -5

It was obvious to Alex that the girl was nervous but she was waiting to see if Colemet wanted to let her in on anything, anything really. She really needed a proper explanation of the incident from the girl but wasn’t going to push for one (even if she knew it was better that she did). Alex wasn’t one to push anyone for details unless she was really close them, and she definitely wasn’t going there with a patient of hers. “Is there something you want to tell me?” Alex asked the girl quietly as she searched for any signs in the girl’s eyes that she wanted to open up or whatever. She knew that whatever the girl was going to tell her she had to keep quiet and that put her in a delicate situation but she was going to handle that later on, for now her focus was her patient as always when she was on the job.

Placing her hand gently on the girl’s arm Alex offered her the best sincere smile while trying not to come off as the better of the two just because she was a healer. “Colemet, just breathe, I know its easier said than done but it helps” she tried to calm the girl down. This brought to mind another possible treatment plan but she would need to read up on that first. “I know what I’m saying isn’t exactly winning you over and sure they might appear as if they have certainty but you too have this, because you can easily revert back to who you truly are, fully-fledged werewolves can’t do that, the after effects from their transformations are longer lasting” Alex told her, though she felt she was kind of failing as a healer that point

Shaking her head as she looked up from the chart Alex hadn’t heard of the potion creating such a side effect. “It shouldn't do so, would you like some potion to combat that just in case it does?” Alex asked since the hospital kept full stock of all the potions and elixirs possible for every cause or need.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 24, 2015 11:49:55 GMT -5

Colemet almost shook with fear again at the prospect. Once Alex asked, she figured that it would be best to tell her the truth. She was just terrified of the outcome. "I...it's true that Peter has my file, but...." She sighed. "It's not true that I was here when I was attacked. My mother treated my scratches at home and kept it quiet so I wouldn't have to register with the Ministry watch. I don't want to be watched all the time..." Colemet was careful not to allude by any means to her father, because while it may be important for Alex to know about her, she didn't need to know about Colemet's father. "I'm sorry I lied. I...I just didn't want you to tell the Ministry about me...I was too scared...I'm so sorry..." Colemet could feel tears in her eyes from the anxiety and fear she felt. She could only hope that Alex would keep quiet now...

Colemet nodded, trying to calm down as Alex instructed. She took the deep breaths and eventually regained some of the calmness. "I've just been like this for such a long time," Colemet said quietly. "It's just...hard to imagine that it could ever be any different." She was extremely appreciative of Alex's encouragement and willingness to help even if she scared Colemet entirely. It wasn't really Alex, it was just the fact that she was a Healer. It was hard to shake the bad memories in order to keep her sights clear on the person rather than the profession.

Colemet nodded again. "That would be great." She was glad Alex thought that there might be treatment, something that would help. She only hoped it would it work. "Thank you, Alex."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2015 6:05:01 GMT -5

The healer was always patient as she could be with all the people she treated no matter what their backstory was. This didn’t waiver as she listed to Colemet admit the truth. However this only brought more questions to her mind. Nothing major really but she could understand why the family would do such a thing and she didn’t blame them for what they did. Of course, now having this knowledge put her in a bind. This was going to test her ethics. Alex would just have to sort that out later, on her own time. For now her primary concern was the other witch. “I understand…..” she smiled kindly at the girl. “But you shouldn’t have lied to me, okay? I’m here to help everyone, it’s one reason I became a healer. Do you remember how she treated them? Did she use healing spells?” Alex asked so she knew not so much that she would be recording such detail on the girl’s chart. But she would have to add this chart to the girl’s file when she met up with her brother at some point. “Don’t cry” she comforted Colemet by putting her hand on her shoulder. “I’m not going to the ministry” she told her reassuringly.
But she had to talk to someone about this situation.
Alex hoped she was able to calm down the girl. Really it was better for both parties if she calmed. She saw the Colemet was able to regain some calm demeanour and that reassured the healer that things were going well. “It will be a gradual change Miss Milinia but a very welcome one. You won’t be a completely new person but just a better version” she said hoping the girl knew what she meant.

“Okay I’ll prescribe that for you” Alex smiled as she pulled out a note pad from her pockets and proceed to note down an energising potion the girl could take to combat the side effects of the blue potion she had just handed to her. “Is there anything else you want me to look at or something else you want to talk about?” she asked handing over the prescription.