Facing the Fear || Alexandra

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 17, 2015 11:36:27 GMT -5

Colemet was waiting anxiously in a chair on the second floor of St. Mungo's, the floor for creature injuries. Peter had been begging her all week to come in and have her scars looked at and to find some sort of treatment that may be able to help her. Colemet had been resisting him only because she was absolutely terrified, even though she wanted some sort of help. She had finally agreed when Peter assured that he would be the one to look at her and maybe consult another Healer. Still, though, she was nervous. She had been afraid of Healers ever since she was little, and it was only slightly better knowing that it would be Peter. She sat as still as possible, trying to stay calm, but she was shaking in fear. She wrapped her arms around herself.

Suddenly, Peter came rushing down the hall towards her, looking frazzled. "Colemet," he said quickly. "Something has come up, an urgent patient in spell damage. I'm needed up there right away." Colemet's eyes widened, realizing what this meant. "Another Healer will be here to take care of you soon."

Colemet shook her head feverishly. "No," she said quickly, standing up. "No, I can't do it. I need you, I can't see someone else."

Peter pushed her back into her seat carefully. "You'll be fine, Colemet. I promise," he assured her. "Promise me you'll stay here, okay?" She was about to open her mouth to protest, but Peter stopped her harshly. "Promise me!"

Her stomach sinking in even more fear, Colemet nodded hollowly. "I...I promise..." She knew Peter would be furious if she left. She couldn't do it.

"Good," he replied, relieved. He kissed her head. "You'll be fine. Good luck." And with that, he hurried off to spell damage.

Colemet sat there, alone once again, now constricted with even more fear than she previously had. Her head was spinning at what had just happened. Peter couldn't be there with her. He was the only person she trusted enough to let do this, but now she had to entrust it to a complete stranger. She was so afraid...

All she could do now was wait for the Healer to come for her.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 17, 2015 23:44:47 GMT -5

The Healer had a lot of things on her mind as she arrived for work that morning. Today she was working from 9am to 7pm, a simple ten hour shift, which would have been relatively quiet except that it was summer and it was St Mungo’s busy period . Alexandra didn’t actually mind that it was hectic. With all that was going on with her life she needed a bit of time out from it and to focus on her work. She really needed to Owl or see Ryder but she didn’t know which would be best or what even the wizard was up to. He had told her where he lived but not the flat number and she wasn’t about to show up at his place unannounced. She could alternatively go to the ministry but she didn’t want to disturb him at work especially if he was busy working on his proposal for the preservation of Ironbelly Dragons. No, that would have to wait for now.

Alex stepped out of the examination room where she had just been doing a check on a regular patient of hers that had contracted Scrofungulus when she saw a witch seated on a chair on the floor. the witch look downright petrified and this made Alex wonder if she was here as a patient or if she was visiting someone. Both were likely scenarios. Since Scorfungulus was contagious disease Alex stepped into the wash room to wash her hands and remove any contaminants from her person before she went over and spoke to the witch who was on her own.

Exiting the wash room Alex adjusted her lime green healer robes and walked over to the station and grabbed a blank patient chart just in case she was going to treat the girl and walked over to where the witch sat. “Hello there, I’m Hr. Wilcox” she smiled kindly using her proper title. “Are you here to see a healer or visit someone who is a patient here?”

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 18, 2015 8:28:07 GMT -5

Colemet nearly jumped when she was spoken to, and her fear escalated when she saw the Healer standing in front of her. "H-Hello," Colemet started. She knew her voice was shaking and tried to level it out. "I'm here to see a Healer...my name is Colemet Milinia. I was supposed to see Peter Milinia but he said he had an emergency and that another Healer would see me..." Colemet looked down and wrung her hands anxiously. She could do this, it was just an examination and hopefully she would get something to help her... The Healer before her seemed nice enough, after all...
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 18, 2015 22:04:08 GMT -5

The healer quickly pulled out a pen from her robes and began noting down details on the patient chart. She nodded and smiled at the young woman. “Peter Milinia? Would you be his sister?” Alex asked as she waited to note down that relation on the chart if that were the case. Looking at the woman she could tell that she could possibly be related to her fellow healer. Out of the corner of her eye Alex saw the woman getting very nervous and started ringing her hands together.

Deciding it was best to continue this conversation somewhere more private Alex looked around for a vacant examination room. “How about we continue to talk in room 2C hey?” she asked as she pointed to the room across the hall. Getting to her feet Alex made her way over and waited until Colemet followed her.

Step inside Colemet and take a seat on the bed” she encouraged the girl with a warm smile before following her inside and shutting the door after her. “You can call me Alex. So what brings you here today?” she asked with her pen poised to take down notes. She had barely spoken to Peter and so would need to hear the details from Colemet, hopefully she was up to talking today.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 18, 2015 23:06:24 GMT -5

Colemet nodded nervously. "Yes...he's my brother," she replied in response to her question. When the Healer suggested going to the examination room, Colemet's heart skipped a beat. She hesitated a few moments but then stood up and followed her to room 2C as she said.

Colemet nearly cringed when she walked in the room. It was white and sterile and gave her every reminder of her experience here when she was younger, which certainly didn't help her anxiety. She went and slowly sat on the bed, wrapping her arms around herself as if the protect herself or hold herself together, because she truly felt like she was falling apart from fear. She intensely missed Peter in that moment and wished he were here to help her. She was so shaken that she even jumped when the door shut.

Colemet looked up at the Healer, who introduced herself as Alex. She was being nice enough, Colemet knew, but the whole fear was terribly difficult to shake. "Um...well..." Trying to tell the story was the next hardest part... "When I was thirteen years old, I...I was attacked by a werewolf while our family was hiking." Colemet's father wasn't a registered werewolf, so this was the story that her and the rest of the family stuck to when it came down to the wire. "I wasn't bitten, but I was scratched really badly. And ever since then I've been...different." Colemet looked down again, feeling shame in the pit of her stomach. "I'm so much...angrier now. Short temper and aggressive and...well, cruel. And I hate it. It gets worse at some points more than others, but I can't control it at all." She began wringing her hands nervously again, still not looking at Alex. "Peter wanted me to come in so he could have a look at my scars and to see if there was anything he could do for any of the symptoms."

She left it at that, unable to say much more. She didn't know if she had ever felt more vulnerable than she did in that moment, revealing all of this to a stranger and a Healer no less, but she knew that thought would probably change as soon as the examination began.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 19, 2015 0:19:23 GMT -5

Alex quickly noted that down that the girl was in fact Peter’s sister, she quickly looked up and smiled at her before making a few additional notes. She also saw that the girl was somewhat nervous about going into the examination room, wondering what reason behind that was. Alex knew that some people were petrified of Healers having seen it a number of times since beginning her training.

The healer watched closely as the girl walked over the bed somewhat hesitantly and proceeded to wrap her arms around her waist as she sat down. Knowing something was seriously wrong or either the girl was scared shitless of something Alex set down the chart and her pen on the bench and pulled out a quill from the same pocket where the pen had come from and charmed it to take notes for her as she walked over and fetched a glass of water for Colemet. “Here, have a few sips” Alex encouraged the girl  handing over the glass, having noticed she jumped when the door closed. And it hadn’t even slammed shut.

“I’m sorry you went through that Miss Milinia” Alex smiled at her sympathetically as she went back over to her chat and picked it up noting the details of the werewolf attack. She paused in her writing and thought momentarily to when she had last seen Amaris who she was quiet certain was now a werewolf even if she hadn’t come out and said it but Alex had picked up certain signals and such. After years of healer training Alex could easily recognise those signs. “It’s very possible that the werewolf could have left some of their DNA in your system” she said speaking slowly since the possibility of that happening would freak out the girl. “Do you recall if the healers did any blood tests after the attack?” she wondered, if they had maybe there was something in results that could direct Alex to some kind of treatment method. She also wondered if the healers that had treated the girl in the first place had prescribed any potions or lotions for the scars but those questions would come soon enough.

“Are your scars concentrated on any part of your body?” Alex wondered noting that some people had a more dominant side.
If that were the case then she could come up with some sort of solution, hopefully.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 19, 2015 0:30:58 GMT -5

Colemet took the water gratefully and sipped it slowly, trying to calm down. She hated how much fear she was showing to this Healer. She didn't want to come off as weak or petty, but she was absolutely petrified. There were few things that scared her more than Healers. Her fear clouded her thoughts and made all of the questions hard to focus on.

"Um...n-no, there were no blood tests," Colemet admitted. Truthfully, she had never come to St. Mungo's after she was attacked. Her mother knew the remedy to closing and treating werewolf-inflicted wounds, and knowing how afraid Colemet was of the Healers, Emma Milinia spared her daughter the terror and treated her and Colemet's father only at home. It saved Colemet's father from having to register as a werewolf as well.

Colemet looked down again. "The scars are on my right side," she told Alex. "There's one that goes from my shoulder blade to my mid-back, and another on the back of my right arm. Those are the two most severe, anyway." Colemet was worried again. Not only were her scars under there, but also other marks, ones she had made on herself out of frustration and not wanting to hurt another human. She knew that was a werewolf tendency as well, but she didn't want it brought up, not even to Peter because he certainly would have made her come here much sooner.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 19, 2015 19:49:07 GMT -5

Having worked at St Mungo’s for a number of years now, Alex was accustomed to treating patients that were petrified of Healers. Part of her didn’t blame her, like muggle doctors they did see some gruesome things like potions gone wrong and some the spells they had to use were terrifying to anyone who hadn’t studied to be Healer. She really wished she had spoken to Colemet’ brother beforehand but that couldn’t be changed now.

Alex titled her head and recorded on the chart that no blood tests were taken; that did seem odd. She had never treated such a case as Colemet’s before but she knew from speaking with her colleagues that blood tests were taken and attack was recorded here and at the ministry. “Did you and your family come to St Mungo’s after the attack?” she asked straight needing to know that of prime importance. If they hadn’t well that would explain why no blood tests were done and it also create a wave of new problems; but it wouldn’t be so bad for the girl since she hadn’t been transformed in a full-blown werewolf.

The healer made one or two notes on the girl’s behaviour, it was all necessary so she could come up with a proper treatment plan. She nodded as Colemet explained the location of her scars. “Do you mind taking your top off, so I can take a closer look at the scratches and scars?” she asked politely. Alex set down her chart and pulled out her wand and got the measuring tape out of the drawer. She would charm it to measure the scars while she continued to talk to the girl.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 19, 2015 20:23:17 GMT -5

Colemet hesitated before answering. She cursed silently and once again wished Peter was here. If he was here, she wouldn't be in this situation. Colemet and her father had specifically not come to St. Mungo's in order to prevent being accounted for by the Ministry, Colemet merely watched but her father truly registered as a werewolf. She knew that if this Healer knew that she had never been here for the attack, she would have no choice but to tell the Ministry about her, which she couldn't let happen. Colemet knew her mother was rather skilled with her remedies and that her treatment had been more than sufficient; it should be able to pass as proper treatment in the eyes of this Healer.

"Yes, I was here," Colemet lied. "My mother had done some preliminary treatment before I was brought here, so the Healers had much less work to do and didn't think it was that serious. I guess that's why they never did any blood tests." Colemet cursed again silently. This was a very easy lie to get caught in, but she didn't have a choice. She hoped that Alex would believe her, and if not, she hoped that Peter or herself would be able to convince her to keep quiet about Colemet. She would beg her if she had to. If it came down to it, Colemet could deal with the Ministry knowing about her, she supposed; as long as they never knew about her father. "They weren't much of a problem when I was first attacked...the tendencies got worse as I got older..."

Colemet's heart nearly stopped when she was asked to take off her shirt. Of course she knew she would be asked to, but the thought still scared her. "Um...Sure..." Truthfully, she did mind, but she couldn't exactly refuse either. She slowly turned her back to Alex and stripped off her shirt. She removed her bra as well, as it obscured the scar on her back. She leaned slightly forward so that Alex could see her entire back, scars, marks, and all.

Colemet closed her eyes and took a deep breath. In her mind, she revised her previous statement, as she thought she would; she had never felt more vulnerable than this.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2015 1:46:11 GMT -5

The healer had of course met werewolves before, sometimes they came in for check-ups or for dosages of wolfsbane if they were unable to brew it themselves or didn’t know anyone else who could make it for them. So if anyone had asked her, yes she did have experience in dealing with them including the aftermath of a transformation. But Alex wasn’t naïve she knew that some people were attacked and turned into werewolves and never registered with the ministry. Part of her didn’t blame them for not registering considering the restrictions and the rules Minister Durant had put in place on them. It was unfortunate for her that her training had never covered what to do in the case of treating an unregistered werewolf attack but she was smart enough to work that out on her own. She could talk to Ryder about it and trust him but she wasn’t sure if he was bound to report such a thing to the ministry as an employee.

Alex looked at Colemet as she confirmed she was in fact here after the attack, trying to gauge if the girl was being honest or not. She smiled and noted down on her chart to check into that later. Narrowing her eyes as she thought over something Alex tried to work yet again if the girl was telling the truth or not, she got the hint it was a case of the latter but didn’t comment. Instead, she made a mental note that she would also look into that later. Her scars would be able to tell Alex just how serious the attack had been. “Well, like I said, it’s possible that even if you weren’t bitten some DNA from the werewolf could be present in your system and as you got older it spread more and more” she explained hoping it made sense to the other witch.

She watched as Colemet got undressed as requested, taking in ever action the girl did. Once her top and bra were off Alex charmed the measuring tape to measure the length of the scars on Colemet’s body. “Just think the tape is like the one at Madame Malkins when you get new robes.” She told the girl smiling as the tape got to work. It paused as the charm instructed so Alex could note down the measurements. “Did you notice the scar growing at all as you got older?” she asked with a hint of concern in her tone. She waited for the girl to answer before writing anything