Facing the Fear || Alexandra

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2015 9:25:58 GMT -5

Colemet could have cried from relief when Alex said she wouldn't go to the Ministry. She gave a shuddering breath of relief and tried to calm down after. "Thank you," she said quietly, her voice dripping with gratitude. "I...I'm really sorry. I know I shouldn't have lied, but I was just so scared..." Colemet couldn't bear the thought of constantly being watched by the Ministry, which may also lead to suspicions about their father if they looked close enough. She was so relieved that Alex was going to keep it quiet. She took another deep breath in an effort to calm down, then nodded in response to Alex's question. "Yes, I remember. She closed the wounds with silver powder and dittany, then she cleaned it a bit by Muggle methods, and then she used a couple healing spells. She did something to treat it and keep it clean twice a day until they were completely closed and scarred."

After the relief of Alex promising not to tell and regaining herself after her outburst, Colemet was starting to feel much calmer. She nodded slowly as Alex spoke, hoping she understood her meaning well enough. "I just hope it'll all turn out for the best..." Colemet said quietly. She truly had been like this for years and it was hard to imagine anything else. Maybe a bit calmed, a bit less angry all the time...

"Thank you," she said again. "Uh..." She thought about it for a moment. She had quite a few self inflicted marks on her person from her aggression spells, raking her nails across her skin in frustration. She knew Sophia was planning on talking to Tiwaz about what could be done for them, such as the ones on her knuckles, but some were worse than others and should probably be taken care of while she had the opportunity. "I have a couple scratches on my side..." She pointed at them they were on her left side on her torso. "Is there anything you can do for them? Maybe a quick healing spell or something?" she asked. She didn't have anyone like Peter or her mother treat them because she didn't want them to know they were there.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 29, 2015 18:53:49 GMT -5

Alex looked down at the girl, it wasn’t the first time she had been lied to by a patient and once she had fully the details of Colemet’s attack she understood fully why she had wanted to keep those details to herself but Alex was a healer that could be trusted. She hoped the girl was coming to understand that or better still – understood that already. “There’s nothing to be scared about, if there is one thing healers know how to do well it’s keep secrets” Alex tried to reassure her patient. She of course was boring in that regard and no secrets of her own, except for the fact she had shagged one of her friends now had no clue where they stood but she would sort that out in her own time. The healer offered the girl a small smile as she made notes on the chart. “These are more for my benefit than for them to be added to the file your brother has” Alex said as she glanced up from the paper a she continued to jot down notes. “I’m glad your mother was able to apply those treatments for you. Do you know how long she did that for? Can you give me a time frame?” she asked before noting that down as well. “After you were attacked, can you recall how long after that was your first spell of aggression?” Alex inquired, wondering if it was immediate or later on such as at the next full moon.

“Colemet, like I said it may not happen immediately but you’ll see a gradual decrease from the aggression you currently exhibit” she reminded the girl. Alex was wondering if she should schedule a follow up appointment to see if the potion had done it’s job in a few weeks’ time or not but she would need to make sure she was working for that or else the girl would have another healer looking after and that may only heighten her fear of healers and the hospital in general.

Alex looked at the girl’s left side and took note of the more serious scratches. Well really Colemet had a broad range of scratches and scars across her body but some them were certainly more treatable than others. “Suggesting how I should do my job now, are we?” she laughed as the healing spell she needed came to mind. “I can heal them but you’ll have faint white lines for a while afterwards, is that okay?” she asked before proceeding.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 29, 2015 20:17:13 GMT -5

Colemet was once again beyond relieved when Alex said that Healers knew how to keep secrets, and she nodded. She supposed it was part of their jobs, keeping their patients’ personal information and stories to themselves in order not to betray trust. Colemet could sometimes be so mistrustful that she would assume that people would reveal her. secret if they found it out. It made her feel better knowing that wasn’t always the case. After all, she had told her secret to Luca and he had taken it well. Colemet nodded again when Alex continued asking questions. “Yeah. She applied the treatments for a about a week or two.” She sighed and looked down. “The first aggression spell came with a the full moon. For a while, they only came with the full moon and around it, but they slowly became more frequent…” She hated discussing how awful she could be, but she knew Alex needed to know. She didn’t want to lie to her anymore as it was.

Colemet nodded again slowly. “That’s what I’m hoping,” she replied. She truly wanted to be better, didn’t want to worry about lashing out on others all the time. It would be better, she hoped. “Thank you for helping me and treating me,” she said quietly. “This isn’t...easy for me.” She hadn’t been this frightened in a long time, but she was finally starting to relax. She was appreciative of Alex trying to make her feel as comfortable as she could when Colemet was sitting topless donning her numerous ugly scars to a Healer, which in turn put on display her equally as ugly secret. She felt vulnerable for sure.

Colemet gave a sheepish grin. “Sorry,” she said. “Yeah, that’s okay, I don’t care.” Colemet had more scratches and scars than she could count, a few white lines weren’t going to change anything, especially not next to the ones on her back. A few white lines were nothing in comparison.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2015 20:36:41 GMT -5

Before she had become a healer Alex had been the ‘expert’ in keeping secrets for others, namely her siblings. It was one way the four of them banded together against their parents and it brought them closer. Of course now they were pretty close still. Alex knew that some siblings didn’t remain close as they became adults, she was lucky in that regard. Colemet was lucky too, having a brother that was also a healer and was able to look after her as needed. She nodded in understanding as the girl explained how long her mother tendered to her injuries. “Was it during the summer than?” Alex asked knowing the only other possibility would be during the Hogwarts Easter holidays since no one went hiking during the winter break. Well, no one she knew anyhow. She didn’t mean to pry so much into the girl’s life but she really wanted to know as much as the girl was comfortable in telling her so she could better treat her. “I see, and what about now? How frequent are they?” the healer asked quietly. She prayed they weren’t too frequent, but she would wait to see what the girl’s answer was.

She smiled softly as the girl spoke wanting to improve. She was quietly confident in the potion she had prescribed to the girl. While it wasn’t as strong as wolfsbane in it’s application, it would do the job it needed to for her patient’s sake. “If nothing changes come back and see me or send me an owl” she advised the girl. “No need to thank me, I love what I do” she smiled back. Sure many patients thanked her but they didn’t need to. “I know it’s hard for you but we, us healers try to make it as comfortable for our patients as possible” she reassured the girl as much she could.

Once she got confirmation from the girl that she was okay with the white lines that would be left Alex moved her wand over the scars on Colemet’s left side whispering the healing charm. She watched closely as the scars covered over and the white lines appeared. She looked back the girl. “There you go, you can use a concealment charm on them if they really bother you” she suggested to the other witch.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2015 22:24:06 GMT -5

"It was during the winter holidays," Colemet said. "We loved the look of the snow in the trees and on the mountains. We could bear the cold." The memory of hiking made her both happy and intensely upset, because in turn the memory of the attack came back. It still gave her nightmares to the day, and she curled in on herself slightly as she remembered. She winced, almost sure her scars spiked with pain, her she crossed her arms tighter over her chest in the subconscious act of protecting herself. She tried to focus on Alex's questions instead. "It...I...they happen every so often," Colemet managed. "They happen pretty badly once a week or so...b-but I get angry and frustrated a lot more often than that." The anger was a constant, the frustration almost maddening sometimes. She couldn't stand it some days and retreated to be on her own, almost complete isolation some days.

"I will..." Colemet replied when Alex told her to come back. She didn't fancy the idea, but nevertheless. She nodded and smiled weakly again. "I guess I'm as comfortable as I can be given the situation..." Despite this, she shifted nervously where she was sitting. She hated feeling this vulnerable, and this was ridiculously vulnerable indeed. She hated it, truly, but she had to endure it.

"Thank you," she replied once Alex had healed them. She took a glance and saw that there were, In fact, white lines. "It doesn't matter. Just add to the scar count..." Colemet muttered under her breath, because it was true. She didn't mind them entirely, she guessed, but they were still a reminder of how awful she could become.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 2, 2015 18:51:28 GMT -5

Alex was a bit throw off when Colemet informed her the attack took place during the winter holidays. She calculated the healing time of the girl’s injuries in her mind. “If it happened over the winter break, did you miss any school? You said your mother tendered to your injuries for two weeks and that’s close to the length of the Hogwarts Break” the healer asked wondering how the girl must have handled her injuries when she first returned to school. Alex was only few years old and would have been in her sixth or seventh year when Colemet was attacked. She offered the girl a sympathetic smile as she wrapped her arms tighter around her torso. She knew her patient would have felt very vulnerable at that moment. Of course Alex knew the girl would be more comfortable with a familiar face such as her brother in the room but it just wasn’t feasible with Peter attending to an emergency. “Does something set you off? Like does someone do something or say something unfavourable and it spurs on the anger?” Alex enquired, genuinely interested to know the answer. Of course she couldn’t change those circumstances but she could possibly change how Colemet reacted.

“Sometimes that’s the exact attitude you need to adopt Miss Milinia” she smiled back at the girl. While Alex had never had any severe points of trouble in her life, she knew that if she had it would be that attitude which she would adopt. Of course she had potential issues running through her mind which may cause her distress should they ever occur but didn’t want to focus on them at this time.

“Well yes they are scars, but think of it as the stripes of a tiger, they don’t change the impressive animal it is, do they?” she questioned. “In the same way these lines don’t change who you are” Alex concluded as she made note of performing the healing spell on the girl’s chart. “You can get dressed again” she told the girl smiling as she disposed of the water glass that Colemet had used.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 2, 2015 21:01:45 GMT -5

Colemet nodded weakly. "Yeah, I missed the first week or so back because my mum wanted to make sure I was okay," she said meekly. "She sent an owl to the school just saying that I was ill and that I'd be back when I'd recovered. Since I didn't register and they didn't allow werewolves at Hogwarts, my mum kept it under wraps just to be safe, even though I wasn't a full werewolf." Going back to school was immensely difficult for Colemet after her attack. She was in pain almost all the time for a while and she had to keep her aggression under wraps. She had no idea what would have happened if she hadn't been able to confide in Sophia, who certainly helped her and in turn helped cover for her all those years at Hogwarts. She certainly would have been found out and reported to the Ministry without her. Colemet shrugged weakly. "I don't know. Sometimes it can be triggered, if something or someone upsets me in general and then it just escalates. But sometimes there's no rhyme or reason. It just happens, and I can't really do anything about it."

Colemet nodded in agreement. She tried to stay optimistic during all of this, as she knew it was the only way to get through sometimes. But still, it was difficult. She just hoped the potion would help her, even a little bit. She would give anything for a bit more peace at mind than she often had. Colemet smiled gently when Alex compared her to a tiger. "I guess you're right," she said. She was appreciative of Alex being so supportive and understanding of her situation, trying to be careful and delicate about it. She was truly trying to make Colemet feel better, and Colemet was grateful for that extensively. She quickly grabbed her clothes when Alex said she could get dressed again. "Thanks," she said as she quickly put her bra and shirt back on. The lack of clothing certainly made her feel uncomfortable and more vulnerable throughout the appointment, but she knew it was necessary and was just glad to have them back on now. She had to do the same thing with Peter, but he only looked strictly at her back, which is why he had never seen some of her other scars and cuts that Alex had just now seen elsewhere on her torso.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 3, 2015 20:41:38 GMT -5

Unfortunately for the healer her facial expression betrayed her as the girl answered her question at being absent from school. She of course knew that Hogwarts didn’t accept werewolves, she did recall being told that once or twice. But she wondered if suspicion would have been raised at Hogwarts as they noted Colement’s absence. “That must have meant you needed to catch up on a lot” the older witch concluded aloud, wondering if that had been the case or not. But she could have been a Ravenclaw, those students always managed to breeze through their studies if Alex remembered correctly. The healer listened carefully as the girl continued to speak and explained about what if anything triggered her anger spells. “Well I hope you are able to handle them somehow……but if not perhaps try meditation like I recommended” replied Alex. Even if they were magical folk and meditation was a muggle practice it didn’t meant that both couldn’t mix. Many magical and muggle methods mixed all the time, Alex knew that well having lived in Muggle London for a good part of her life now.

The healer was very certain the potion she had given her patient would work. “If you need more potion stop by any time or owl me and I’ll send you some” Alex told her courteously. She was glad that the girl took note of her Tiger comment. “Of course I’m right I’m a healer” she joked with a wink. Really, though she was an exceptional healer and even if Ryder didn’t tell her that she was reminded by her supervisor occasionally. Alex looked at the girl as she quickly got dressed again. “So, is there anything else you need Miss Milinia?” Alex asked as she stowed away her wand in one of the pockets of her healer robes.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 3, 2015 21:48:21 GMT -5

Colemet shrugged slightly. "I did well enough. I was in Ravenclaw, so I wasn't a bad student or anything. The teachers cut me some slack." This made Colemet both relieved and guilty, as the reason for her absence and therefore her professors' grace with her school work was all a lie. Still, she did what she had to do and that was that. Colemet nodded. "I'll definitely try the meditation. It shoudl probably help, even a bit." Some of the Muggle remedies for things were fascinating, and she figured if they worked for Muggles, there was no reason they couldn't work for her. It was at least worth a shot, and if not, she was no better off than she was before.

Colemet nodded again. "Thank you." She clutched the potion tightly in her hand. "I'll be sure to owl you to let you know how it works out." She simply prayed that there'd be some sort of effect, some help to it, even just a little. Colemet was resigned to the fact that nothing could ever truly cure her, but she believed things could at least help and was hoping that this was one of them. She was happy that of all Healers, she had gotten Alex if she couldn't have Peter. She was kind and careful, and Colemet truly appreciated her and all she had done to help her. She laughed when she joked, then shook her head when she asked if there was anything else she needed. "No, I think that's all..." she said quietly.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 4, 2015 20:23:09 GMT -5

Alex looked at the girl with an arched brow as she told her she had been in Ravenclaw and hence was a good student. The healer didn’t doubt that of course, that had been evident from how the girl had spoken throughout the appointment thus far. “Well then you certainly were one of the lucky ones, I don’t think I would have been afforded the same thing but then again I was a Gryffindor” she joked. Not all Gryffindors slacked off in their studies the witch supposed but it generally accepted that Ravenclaws were the most studious of the bunch. “It will help settle your mind and that’s really where the anger starts” Alex replied smiling a little as Colemet spoke of how Meditation could possibly help her. The older witch herself had never tried it but then again she never had a reason to (not that any was needed) or really the time .

“There’s no need to thank me” Alex reminded her laughing slightly. Really the healer was so modest with her work that she barely paid any attention to any thanks she received anymore. This was certainly the case with Ryder but with him the circumstances were suddenly different. “I look forward to that owl” she said as she wrote her final notes on the patient chart. “I’ll have to track down your brother and add these to your file” she told Colemet as she turned and made her way to the door. “Well, if that’s all you can leave, enjoy the rest of your day” she said to the girl as she held the door open for Colement to leave. Once Alex walked out of the room behind the other witch she stowed the parchment with Colement’s treatment plan in her robes and went to attend to her next patient.

*END OF THREAD*