31 years old
Sanitation Worker
Animagus: Wolf
Mudblood
played by Nicole
""
options

Post by Megara Lucille Grant on Apr 7, 2019 20:36:25 GMT -5

Megara stumbled through the door to the apartment she shared. It was sparsely furnished, which she normally didn’t mind, but as she fell back against the front door she was beginning to regret not putting a chair or something right in the entryway. It wasn’t far to the couch, approximately five large steps. But that was five steps too many, in her mind. Ever since being drug out for her ‘one month early birthday’ celebration approximately one week ago, she had come to find that whiskey was easily becoming her best friend. It allowed her to feel better about so many things. Her age, the loss of her magic, the loss of her career…but last night, that friendship had bitten her in the ass.

What was that man’s name? The world may never know. Meg sure didn’t. She didn’t even remember meeting him, to be perfectly honest. Was he the man that bought her that last drink? The “tipping point” drink? She didn’t even remember leaving the bar. But obviously a drunken part of her thought that going home with him was a good idea. Drunk Meg seemed to believe sex with a stranger was exactly what she needed. Sober Meg did not. So when he got her back to his place, and sober thoughts began to invade themselves into her brain somewhere between his front door and his bedroom, a quick decision had to be made. She ran.

Megara ran, or rather half-drunkenly stumbled, through Diagon Alley and back to her own apartment. It was quite lucky she had only gone over to The Leaky Cauldron to have a drink, and not all the way across the city. Even luckier that the man there also lived in the magical alley – albeit on the other side of it.

Sliding down the front door to sit on the floor, the redhead had never been so happy to be back in the small apartment she shared with Faith. Her head was beginning to throb. The bedroom was much too far away. She groaned as she slumped over, catching herself with her hands. From there she crawled across the hardwood floor and climbed onto the brown leather love seat.

It was late – or early morning. Meg wasn’t completely sure, but she called out into the quiet of the apartment anyway. “Faith!? Faith, are you home?” Even thought it was muffled by her lying face down on the couch, she was sure her roommate would hear her if she was home. Even if she was asleep. It was loud enough to make her wince and groan once again, but she didn’t let that stop her. “Faith! I fucked up! I’m never drinking again!”

i'm a beautiful mess

448 words // @faith // Click for Look!

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 2, 2019 15:44:44 GMT -5

I wish I wasn't always wrong
I wish it wasn't always alone
The finger that you're pointing

Has knocked me on my knees
And all you need to know is I'm so sorry

She had been over at Darius' that night after work, they had had dinner, and then other things then she had come home. She hadn't gotten drunk or anything and it was really random and weird, but she was loving it. She knew exactly what was happening. She knew fully that she was catching feels. She didn't know what to think about it, or how to feel about it. She wasn't that person, she didn't get feelings, she didn't fall for people. She definitely didn't love. That was for the weak, that meant that there was something that someone could take from you and she wasn't the kind of person who wanted that, ever. She never wanted to lose anything or anyone.

After realizing that she was falling for a friend last year she had put distance between herself and them because it was better for them both. They were too different, had too much between them that was unspoken and that made it dangerous. She didn't know what she wanted from Darius, or from their relationship, or whatever this was, but she was pretty sure that this was the closest thing to actually being in love that she had ever been in, and she was finding fear coursing through her more often than she would like. It wasn't a bad thing, really, to have feelings for Darius, but it stood to cause her downfall.

She had... been drinking. She shouldn't be and she knew it, but she did that when she needed to think. Not as if she was pregnant or had any plans to be pregnant, not in the future at least. Or maybe ever. She had no family and nothing to her name and it made her doubt that she should be connected to anyone like that. There were a lot of other reasons too, but she wasn't going to let herself go that deep tonight, she wasn't going to let the voices cut her deep. She was sitting on her bed with a tub of take away, crying as she watched a shitty movie and drank straight from the vodka when she heard the door opened and figured that Meg had had a long night and would be calling it a night when the other red-haired woman called for her. Climbing off the bed with a heavy buzz was not an easy feat, but she did it and made her way into the front room holding the bottle in her hand.

She laughed a little when Meg said that she was never drinking againg and smirked before moving towards her friend and sat on the coffee table. "You're not alone, I fucked up too."
tag: // words: 450 // OUTFIT
template by eliza @ TB THQ
Megara Lucille Grant
Megara Lucille Grant Avatar
Ravenclaw
33 posts
31 years old
Sanitation Worker
Mudblood
played by Nicole
""
options

Post by Megara Lucille Grant on May 8, 2019 18:59:18 GMT -5

She could tell that her roommate had been drinking, even before the verbal confirmation, and made a mental note to herself that if it was because of that little boy…friend…thing…of hers, she would castrate him personally. She had nothing against the guy, and he seemed to make her friend incredibly happy. But she also knew how fast those tables could turn. She never really had a relationship for that reason. She found emotions to be complicated, messy, and distracting. She preferred to focus on her work, back when she actually had a career to focus on – now, it seemed like all she had left to her name were annoying emotions that she wanted to flush down the toilet. She just wanted a good lay – or so she thought. Her actions earlier that evening would prove otherwise. She was a ball of hormonal confusion.

Rolling herself over onto her side so that she could look and speak directly to the other young woman, she let out a frustrated ‘huff’. Then she took in the sight in front of her, eyes shifting from the bottle of vodka in the girl’s hand to her tear-stained face. She narrowed her eyes, not liking the image. Thoughts of castrating Darius entered her mind again, but were quickly shoved out. There were plenty of other reasons for her friend to be upset – God knows she’s been through enough. Couldn’t blame it on the man just because she herself had a shitty penis vendetta going on.

She sighed, pushing herself up into a sitting position. She brought her hand to her head, having made the movement too fast, but quickly regained herself. “What a right pair we are, hmm?” She muttered. She shrugged off her blazer and threw it over the back of the couch. Then rolled up the sleeves to her white, button-down shirt before reaching for the vodka bottle in a “gimmie” motion. She slipped the bottle gently out of Faith’s hand, bringing it to her own lips and taking a good swallow before handing it back. The vodka made her wince, as it was a far cry from the whiskey she had been drinking, but the burn in the back of her throat and the ultimate result would be the same.

She then looked at Faith, a little afraid to ask but knew she had to all the same. “Soo…you first. What did you do?”

I’m a beautiful mess

402 words // @faith // Click for Look!/div]

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 1, 2019 12:48:55 GMT -5

I WISH I WASN'T ALWAYS WRONG
I WISH IT WASN'T ALWAYS ALONE
THE FINGER THAT YOU'RE POINTING
HAS KNOCKED ME ON MY KNEES
AND ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IS I'M SO SORRY
Feelings. They were something that she never let herself feel, they were things that she could not allow herself to have. She did not want to put anyone at risk because of her. She could be taken from them at any time, any day. She could lose everything in the bat of an eye and no one would even stop to care. She had promised herself, she had promised Meg that after last year, after getting her heart broken by someone that she had not even been in a relationship with, she was done with emotions and everything that they had with them. She just didn't want them in her life but here she was facing them anyway. Damn it.

SHe sat down beside her friend as she sat up and Faith let her take the bottle. Her food was still in the bedroom but it was better off where she could finish when crawled into bed after getting sick. She took the bottle back and took a long drink from it and put it between them before turning to look at Meg. " It just depends on where you want me to start, my dude. Mainly in letting myself get attached to Darius, because it is clearly in our code that we won't get attach ourselves to men. We have fun and then let them go, but he is just so damn sweet." She sighed and ran a hand into her hair.

"I have feelings and I am just not about it. I don't like it." She sighed then looked at Meg. "I'm falling in love with Darius, and everything in me wants to say, but my head keeps telling me to run."
tag: words: 288
template by eliza @ tb & thq
Megara Lucille Grant
Megara Lucille Grant Avatar
Ravenclaw
33 posts
31 years old
Sanitation Worker
Mudblood
played by Nicole
""
options

Post by Megara Lucille Grant on Jul 6, 2019 20:18:23 GMT -5

Feelings. They were something she had, at one point in time. She remembered feelings of accomplishment, followed more recently by sadness, anger, resentment, depression – the list went on. She was never overly emotional, but things affected her. She didn’t find herself feeling much of anything recently, which she originally thought was just her taking a page out of Faith’s book. She knew why her friend and roommate didn’t like feelings; it was reasonable, considering all of the things she had been through. But she herself? She was just numb. Whether that was the alcohol in her system or her overall state of being, she was currently unsure.

She reached for the bottle between them one more time and took (what she told herself) was one final drink before replacing it. The numbness she was feeling was something Megara would address on another day. She decided tonight it would be about Faith and helping her, and so she listened with as much attention as her alcohol riddled brain could muster. “I assumed as much, when he started staying longer in the mornings making coffee and shit. Don’t get me wrong, I like Darius. He seems like a nice kid, and you two really hit it off.” She pursed her lips a bit as she thought, unsure what exactly it was that her friend wanted to hear. Did she want her to talk her out of these feelings? Was it even possible? Or did she want support?

“That’s hard. Feelings are hard.” She looked at Faith sympathetically in understanding, even if their current problems were direct opposites of each other. “You have too many, I don’t have enough…how many do you think Darius has? The same as you?”

i'm a beautiful mess

286 words // @faith //Click for Look!