8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Oct 1, 2018 13:49:40 GMT -5

LUMOS
For this month's posting challenge, we have a fun and challenging game of Bingo! The stakes are quite high! The first person who gets Lumos -- because it's more fun to get Lumos than Bingo, right? gets TEN SICKLES in their vault! The second place winner gets FIVE SICKLES, and the third place winner gets THREE SICKLES! Fourth place will get TWO SICKLES, and fifth place will get ONE SICKLE. If you black out the whole board like a mega-overachiever, you get ONE GALLEON! As you all know, you can turn in money for some great prizes around the site, and ten sickles is a heck of a lot, so hopefully that is enough to get your competitiveness going?

Anyone who completes a row after the first five winners will get TEN KNUTS and anyone who completes their second, third, or fourth row will also get TEN KNUTS!

Here's how you play! It's really quite simple. Just sign up below, and I will randomize a customized Lumos board for you! There are 25 spots, with one free space. The 24 prompts are the same on every board, but they're all in different spots because that, my friends, is how Bingo works. Right? Man, I haven't played Bingo in a long time, so who knows? The point is, you need your own customized board to play!

Things you might need to know: you can't combine prompts! So while it could be very creative to figure out how to compare different prompts into one thread, it has to be different! Same with the bonus squares. It means taking one prompt and turning it into three threads, in whatever way you can but you cannot claim other prompts in your bonus square!

So all you have to do is post below with the following code, and I will edit in your customized Lumos board! Then you can let the games begin! You have all month to get Lumos!

Get playing!

Gimme my board!

Once you have your board, you can start playing. It's up to you how you want to keep me updated on your board! You can either post here anytime you fill in any square with links to proof, and I will update your board and cross it off for you. Or you can wait until you have Lumos, and post all five squares with link to proof! Totally up to your preference. I think the first is more fun, because it will be interesting to see everybody's boards getting updated, but it is totally up to you!

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 1, 2018 13:50:29 GMT -5

Gimme my board!

Nominate all 3 categories for monthly awards - It's in there my dude: insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11761/october-awards 

Get a character to AR - @audrey got to AR yesterday! (Oct 1)

Post 2500 words in 24 hours - u know i hate coding so here's the links lol sorry love u: 
insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11803/sylvie?page=1&scrollTo=79437
insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11603/break-needed-anna?page=1&scrollTo=79451
insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11762/chamber-anna?page=1&scrollTo=79450
insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11806/resurfaced-liam?page=1&scrollTo=79445
insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11782/hold-on-hope-cole?page=1&scrollTo=79347

Get one character 100% caught up - just got @annabanana caught up! as of like 2 pm on 3 october

Posting 10 times in 24 hours:
1. insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11816/facing-forward-mum?page=1&scrollTo=79503
2. insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11814/holdin-me-back-kasey?page=1&scrollTo=79468
3. insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11088/minor-earth-major-sky-cal?page=1&scrollTo=79466
4. insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11803/sylvie?page=1&scrollTo=79437
5. insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11603/break-needed-anna?page=1&scrollTo=79451
6. insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11762/chamber-anna?page=1&scrollTo=79450
7. insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11806/resurfaced-liam?page=1&scrollTo=79445
8. insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11238/dying-idris?page=1&scrollTo=79510
9. insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11218/crossfire-carson?page=1&scrollTo=79509
10. insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11132/song-another-time-meredith?page=1&scrollTo=79506

Post your character in a situation that scares them: I'm saying Cal being terrified about his magic being MIA counts? insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11816/facing-forward-mum 

Start a thread with one of your characters that has the least amount of threads - A bunch of mine had 3 only but now @gabriela has 4! insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11779/perfect-places-cadinho

Write a post including a fall treat - Anna jumped on the PSL bandwagon: insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11820/hopeless-wanderer-liam

Post with your character literally or figuratively encountering a ghost - @maya ran into The Grey Lady! insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11847/little-talks-grey-lady

Hit up three plotters:
insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/9252/jaded-little-plotter?page=2&scrollTo=71050
insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/6158/fais-nuggets?page=7
insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/5162/toris-plotters?page=4

Post in a board that has something about legends or myths or haunting ghosts in the description - @marlena posted in The Guardian's Lake! insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11878/indestructible-cass

Bonus square if you turn any of the writing prompts into a series of three threads or more - @marlena hung out with a friend at The Guardian's Lake (legend/myths prompt) to try to get her mind off things, then decided to try something new and hung out at the Scottish National Pitch alone (wondering why her hanging out with friends in cool places plan didn't work like usual), and finally feeling really lost on this whole Feeling Down sitch decided to stop by the Museum of Quidditch to just try and face her problems head on (idk if this is a long shot, let me know!!!)

Post with your character carving jack o lanterns - @liampotter carved some pumpkins with Addie! insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11888/walk-on-water-addie

Post with your character at a pumpkin patch - @camilla passed through one today! insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11954/hall-fame-brother

Bonus square if you turn any of the writing prompts into a series of three threads or more - Did it with @camilla and the pumpkin patch prompt! She strolled through one with Kings, then talked about it while catching up with her sisters, and it was on her mind a fair bit while she was at home with Avery. Can I get it in the top right corner to get LUMOS again?

Post your character having/attending a bonfire - @marlena the crazy little daredevil
insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11997/dance-winnie-cass-ss-friends

Do the writing challenge with your newest character - Don't we all love angsty @nikolaj  
insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11780/writing-challenge-3?page=1&scrollTo=79341

Post somewhere that is historical - @nikolaj paid a visit to Merlin's Castle! insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/12063/easy-open

Bonus square if you turn any of the writing prompts into a series of three threads or more - Did it again with @nikolaj and the historical prompt! After visiting Merlin's castle, he sent a letter to his nephew where he mentioned it, and also reflected on it a bit while at work the next day!

Bonus square if you turn any of the writing prompts into a series of three threads or more - Did it ONCE AGAIN with @annabanana and the fall treat prompt! She went on her coffee date and had her PSL, then chatted about it with both a friend and one of her sisters.

Start a thread with a member you have no threads with - @maya started one! insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/12093/team-donald

Bonus square if you turn any of the writing prompts into a series of three threads or more - Did it with @maya and the ghost prompt! She ran into the Grey Lady, then pondered on it while studying, and also while running into Professor Wenlock!

Reply to an open threadinsurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/12043/strawberry-fields-open?page=1&scrollTo=80975

Do the writing challenge with the character you've had the longest - here's some ambitious @octavia for your reading pleasure: insurrectionhprp.proboards.com/thread/11780/writing-challenge-3?page=1&scrollTo=80986 
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 1, 2018 13:51:20 GMT -5

Gimme my board!

Kallisto Ophelia Parkinson
Kallisto Ophelia Parkinson Avatar
Slytherin
187 posts
20 years old
Fourth Year Spell Invention Student at Locksley Institute
Unspeakable-in-Training
Model at Witch Weekly
Seeker for the Falmouth Falcons
Assassin
Animagus: Raven
Wandless
University Student
played by Jade
"I’d rather be the girl whose name dies at your lips every time you try to speak of me."
options

Post by Kallisto Ophelia Parkinson on Oct 1, 2018 13:55:34 GMT -5

Monthly nominees

Started a thread with a member I had no threads with (Jenna)
link

Post 2500 words in 24 hours on 10/5/2018
454+855+527+897=2733

Get one character 100% caught up: Justice got completely caught up with that post.

Posted in 3 plotters: Jenna, Julia, and Mya

Got a character to AR: Justice 1 2

Bonfire thread post: link

Ghost thread post: link

Historical Location post: link

Apple Orchard post: link

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 1, 2018 13:56:07 GMT -5